Player of the Decade

Harishan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
So what does?

Silly users like yourself that are biased beyond imaginable making idiotic posts without any research, also judging others with jealousy rather than the truth.

You're lucky that I deleted your quote from my signature :laugh

And what makes you so non-biased? Looking at some of your recent posts it seems as though Sachin or Dravid don't even measure up to Ponting in your opinion. Surely there are a lot of statistics which so how great Ponting is and how dominant he has been with the bat in the last decade while being able to be a good captain at the same time and I do agree that Ponting has been better than Tendulkar at various times in the last decade but in the long run I think Sachin will be remembered as the better batsmen overall. And this would have a lot to do with Sachin starting his career playing in a very tough era, his ability to adapt to changing conditions over the last two decades in his career and for being more consistent than Ponting overseas. (Ponting has clearly struggled on Indian wickets) Not to mention Sachin was riddled with injury during the best part of his career which played a major role in his form slump.

Ponting was the better batsman from 2003-07 than Sachin but before 2003 Tendulkar was by far the better batsmen at that time and from 1993 to 2002 his batting was almost Bradman-esque. From 2007 on Sachin has had the edge over Ponting wo has averaged 44 with the bat in testss while Sachin has averaged 56 in tests.

TumTum

International Cricketer
If I did a comparison of the best batsmen from their debut, of course it would be Sachin. He clearly owns Ponting in ODIs.

If you check ALL my posts, NONE of them are biased.

Please again, stop talking ████ which you guys always seem to do, and do some research first.

And how come you call me biased, and then in the next sentence you agree with me? :facepalm

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Jakester v2 :laugh. Always in 'that time of the month'.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
If I did a comparison of the best batsmen from their debut, of course it would be Sachin. He clearly owns Ponting in ODIs.

If you check ALL my posts, NONE of them are biased.

Please again, stop talking ████ which you guys always seem to do, and do some research first.

And how come you call me biased, and then in the next sentence you agree with me? :facepalm

You seriously think rating a player solely on stats is enough? Or is it a compulsion to agree with you even when others might have different opinions?

Why can't you get a small thing right in your head? Stats is NOT everything. Dravid has played lots of crucial innings in the past decade and has been 'the' man for team India. What's wrong if someone thinks he has played better than Ponting, specially when you take the context into consideration (unstable opening, lesser support down the order etc.).

Also, in my honest opinion, you are over-doing : :doh . If you are really that pissed, move on. Nobody is forcing you to reply. Just let the kids have fun.

Last but not the least, I think you are severely biased towards your national team. But don't worry, I won't give you a :facepalm

LOL :D :p

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Both Fielding and Captaincy are out of 5 :doh

And there is no way Kallis matches Ponting when batting is concerned, he has never got 200, as many runs or centuries in both forms :facepalm

We are talking about this decade,you didn't need 200 every time to be a great batsman.Its you ability to bat well in each and every match.In this decade Kallis turned into a compact batsman,even some time his technique is better then Ponting(Front foot movement).

TumTum

International Cricketer
We are talking about this decade,you didn't need 200 every time to be a great batsman.Its you ability to bat well in each and every match.In this decade Kallis turned into a compact batsman,even some time his technique is better then Ponting(Front foot movement).

Well Ponting hasn't done much last decade anyway :laugh

They both have an average of 58 in Tests. But Ponting simply has more of everything else. That's why I said Kallis can't actually match Ponting batting wise.

TumTum added 0 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Nope, in India we don't speak gibberish.

Ahaha good one :)

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
They both have an average of 58 in Tests. But Ponting simply has more of everything else. That's why I said Kallis can't actually match Ponting batting wise

Ya because Ponting certainly has taken 175 wickets with the ball, and still balanced himself out to anchor the innings.

For Kallis to be averaging over 50 with the bat, and taking wickets round about an average of 32 is simply phenomenal. I don't care if Kallis hasn't scored a double century, at the end of the day, it's about the total runs you score, and Kallis can match Ponting in that enough, and his wickets make up for the lost ground. Sinclair has a double century. I guess that makes him a better opener than Katich. Because one innings of class is worth more than the x number of years, of hard work, which lead to a great test career. Kallis has been far more consistent this decade. I'll sum up my post by quoting Kevin Pietersen and Neil McKenzie.

KP "I truly believe he is the greatest cricketer ever."

Neil McKenzie "Welcome to the world of 'Mere Mortals'. The difference between you and the rest of us is that we only have to remember a couple of months back for our last bad month - you have to remember ten years ago."

Now that's consistency for you.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
You might wanna write EVERYTHING from your head next time then, because clearly you have not done that :)

I love how you haven't even responded properly to my post. I'll take all of your random and utterly useless post's as a sign of you capitulating.

TumTum

International Cricketer
WTF you on about man?

Read the 2nd last page of this thread, I made a points comparison system.

Someone else used it and put the same point for both Ponting and Kallis in the batting scale. And I was arguing that Kallis doesn't match Ponting when batting is concerned.

And for Kallis' bowling, that is a completely different thing, which of course effects the end result.

READ THE WHOLE flipING THREAD :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread