Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
To be fair I couldn’t remember what Azam looked like off hand as he’s new. And I don’t follow Pak closely. I’ve looked and that’s actually pretty good. Show us your Steyn !
Why would you want to see his stains. That out of hand young man...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
To be fair I couldn’t remember what Azam looked like off hand as he’s new. And I don’t follow Pak closely. I’ve looked and that’s actually pretty good. Show us your Steyn !
57AJMpj.jpg
qaroxLl.jpg
iSKmiJ2.jpg

The second try definitely doesn't look right but I tried making this one before the Babar, which I have tweaked a little more and apart from the eyebrows I'm very happy with. It's definitely better than the first try though!

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
57AJMpj.jpg
qaroxLl.jpg
iSKmiJ2.jpg

The second try definitely doesn't look right but I tried making this one before the Babar, which I have tweaked a little more and apart from the eyebrows I'm very happy with. It's definitely better than the first try though!
That top one is really good. Did it take a lot longer than the playface though?

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Good idea to start this thread up. Like said with a little bit of practice and some easy to follow instructions this could really work well in the game.

Great effort as always @wasteyouryouth, I like your attempt at Kohli and Holder, very good job. At first I thought Azam was Ashwin too but on second look and having a look closely at Azam's pictures on the internet it definitely looks more like him. To be honest your Steyn without a playface looks the best, although your second attempt is not far behind. But the first attempt looks a bit like a burns victim, poor 'piss steyn'. Not one of your finer works but your still getting use to the tools and overall a good effort on all the faces anyway barring just one. Proves practice makes perfect considering how much better your second Steyn looks. Don't shoot the messenger. I'm sure my attempt at Steyn would look like something has gone horribly wrong and he's mutated! Hopefully more people will attempt playface and help out instead of leaving all the work to you and @Llewelynf which would take quite a while I imagine if only you two guys were left doing it!

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Good idea to start this thread up. Like said with a little bit of practice and some easy to follow instructions this could really work well in the game.

Great effort as always @wasteyouryouth, I like your attempt at Kohli and Holder, very good job. At first I thought Azam was Ashwin too but on second look and having a look closely at Azam's pictures on the internet it definitely looks more like him. To be honest your Steyn without a playface looks the best, although your second attempt is not far behind. But the first attempt looks a bit like a burns victim, poor 'piss steyn'. Not one of your finer works but overall a good effort on all the faces barring just one. Proves practice makes perfect considering how much better your second Steyn looks. Don't shoot the messenger. I'm sure my attempt at Steyn would look like something has gone horribly wrong and he's mutated! Hopefully more people will attempt playface and help out instead of leaving all the work to you and @Llewelynf which would take a while if only you two guys were doing it!
Two years ago I didn't know the first thing about making kits and logos but with help from @Llewelynf and other sources on the internet I was able to learn. It's much the same with this, a lot of it is trial and error. The good thing about the play face system is you can attach and remove without it causing any changes to the face you've made. Attempting it is easy, getting it right it this hard part.

If I have time I might put together a template with an example. It's one thing to read instructions but I often find looking at what's been done can help more. And I know English isn't everyone's first language on this forum so being able to look at examples might help.

I certainly hope more people will attempt it. I'm not going to make endless examples in the AO Tools, at the moment I'm just working on a method that I feel comfortable with and seeing what is possible. I didn't intend this thread as just pictures of my attempts. So more disasters and successes from others are welcome.

flake

County Cricketer
57AJMpj.jpg
qaroxLl.jpg
iSKmiJ2.jpg

Do u use photoshop at all for these little attempts or are you just sticking the photo on ?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Ok so line up your photo with the template, then I’m guessing you have to smear to fill the whole region?
That is one option but not how I'm doing it. Personally I don't think it produces a nice result (see Steyn the 2nd). Like I said in my original post; you need to fit a flat 2D photo on a stretched 2D template that the goes onto a 3D object.

What I've been trying to do is alter the shade of the template to get different skin tones. This is my way of avoiding smearing the image, it gives a consistent skin tone on the whole head. Colours in the AO academy seem brighter and more saturated, but you can usually get there. With that I can think about building on the detail. I've also plundered some of the textures from the blobset folders for Ashes (stuff like eyebrows, moles, eye shadows). For the Babar face I added about six or seven moles to match the face, adjusted the eyebrows added a small shadow for his chin and eye shadows. Then the actual photo of the face I'll change the layer setting (off the top of my head, I don't know which) and opacity so it retains some detail but only really shading.

I suppose if you thought about it in terms of a paper exercise, I'm tying to trace the image.

For mine, how effective it is; 80-90% of it is getting a good head/face shape in the editor. With the other 10-20% coming from the play face image. Unfortunately time wise, at the moment, it's flipped. 80-90% of my time doing a play face and 10-20% of the time shaping the head/face.

Users who are viewing this thread