Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Would you not buy a Mazda car because Toyota came out with a dud?

I wouldn't buy either, they're both junk. Your comparison, as has been already noted, is about the dumbest thing I've read... and Naveenncc is a member of this forum.

I'm sure you can appreciate that Rugby League Live 2 and AFL Live weren't made in 20 odd days.

What?

I was just saying it was sloppy and unprofessional.

Incorrect. Sloppy and professional would have been not catching it at all and/or all the machines having the wrong build. Turned out only one did. You think this is the first time a product launch has gone wrong? Games crash at E3 all the time. There's plenty of great examples of this, I remember during one Ubisoft presentation the entire game lagging to a standstill and crashing.

Top Score

School Cricketer
I wouldn't buy either, they're both junk. Your comparison, as has been already noted, is about the dumbest thing I've read... and Naveenncc is a member of this forum.

What?

Incorrect. Sloppy and professional would have been not catching it at all and/or all the machines having the wrong build. Turned out only one did. You think this is the first time a product launch has gone wrong? Games crash at E3 all the time. There's plenty of great examples of this, I remember during one Ubisoft presentation the entire game lagging to a standstill and crashing.

From a sales and marketing point of view, it's irrelevant that I've made a comparison between cars and video games. Sales and marketing have a main objective of promoting and selling their product with clear and defined outcomes. I was going to use NBA Live and NBA 2KXX but I probably would of been shot down in another way

In reply to your "what?" question. When I noted that the two games in question were released within 20 odd days but in different months, you came back with a response to say that this game was announced well over a year ago and PC have been a part of the journey which is 100% true.

My point is though that from the official release date statement from Tru Blu both games were released in the month after the press release was issued. September/March and October/April respectively.

The point of this thread is relevant to an extent but criticism should not be aimed toward Big Ant, it should be aimed at Tru Blu.

Crashes with beta software are different case scenario to broadcasting the wrong version.

grkrama

National Board President
From a sales and marketing point of view, it's irrelevant that I've made a comparison between cars and video games. Sales and marketing have a main objective of promoting and selling their product with clear and defined outcomes. I was going to use NBA Live and NBA 2KXX but I probably would of been shot down in another way
Even if we can brush aside the fact of you comparing an industry that has been around for a century to an industry developing over the last 2 decades, The markets you were talking were developed ones with established brand and customer base.
DBC is yet to become one and is on Debut, so being conservative due to AC13 debacle is very understandable.

My point is though that from the official release date statement from Tru Blu both games were released in the month after the press release was issued. September/March and October/April respectively.

There is no oficial release yet from trublu.

broadcasting the wrong version.
No happens all the time at game conference, you are often shown previous builds than current ones, due to QA testing stuff, often developer go with a stable tested code than improved untested current one.
But in this case , you can clearly see the correct version also in twistie's vids as stated earlier, so there's nothing to make of it.

Last edited:

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
I'm sure you can appreciate that Rugby League Live 2 and AFL Live weren't made in 20 odd days.

So what you're saying is DBC14 will need to be made in 20 odd days...? I quite understand Biggs' comment of "what?". What you said made no sense whatsoever.

And for the record, comparing the car industry to the cricket gaming industry (if we can call it that) is bloody stupid. In the car industry, the name is relevant. You don't say, "That car with the shoddy brakes." You'd call it a Toyota. The car industry is very saturated, and the brand name directly correlates to quality and characteristics, so the name IS vital. The gaming industry, and in particular the cricket gaming industry, is much different. When you first see an article with the announcement of a new cricket video game, you would say to your mates, "I heard there's a new cricket game coming out!" You then see that a cricket game was so shit it got canned from Steam. The cricket gaming industry is completely unsaturated. You would automatically think it's the same game. And if your rebuttal is that you're highly intelligent and wouldn't make that error, well then let me put it this way - the average person would. Hence if you don't want that crappy cricket game, and you see that a cricket game is being released, you (or your average person) would presume the same game is being re-released and wouldn't purchase it. I know my train of thought is pretty muddled up but the point I'm trying to make is that name is relevant in the car industry, but not in the (cricket) gaming industry. Thus the period since AC13's bust up, Ross, BA and TB/HES have had to handle the situation very delicately.

Top Score

School Cricketer
So what you're saying is DBC14 will need to be made in 20 odd days...? I quite understand Biggs' comment of "what?". What you said made no sense whatsoever.

And for the record, comparing the car industry to the cricket gaming industry (if we can call it that) is bloody stupid. In the car industry, the name is relevant. You don't say, "That car with the shoddy brakes." You'd call it a Toyota. The car industry is very saturated, and the brand name directly correlates to quality and characteristics, so the name IS vital. The gaming industry, and in particular the cricket gaming industry, is much different. When you first see an article with the announcement of a new cricket video game, you would say to your mates, "I heard there's a new cricket game coming out!" You then see that a cricket game was so shit it got canned from Steam. The cricket gaming industry is completely unsaturated. You would automatically think it's the same game. And if your rebuttal is that you're highly intelligent and wouldn't make that error, well then let me put it this way - the average person would. Hence if you don't want that crappy cricket game, and you see that a cricket game is being released, you (or your average person) would presume the same game is being re-released and wouldn't purchase it. I know my train of thought is pretty muddled up but the point I'm trying to make is that name is relevant in the car industry, but not in the (cricket) gaming industry. Thus the period since AC13's bust up, Ross, BA and TB/HES have had to handle the situation very delicately.

Huh??

Well I guess 2K were silly releasing NBA games when EA were making universally condoned NBA games themselves, which they later abandoned until the PS4 released.

Seriously too much over analysis going on here.

And for the final time - The press releases RE: release dates for AFL Live and Rugby League Live 2 were issued in the month prior to the actual release of the two games. This would imply a trend of Tru Blu officially announcing games in the month prior to their intended release month.

Bigg's comment implies that the two games were only announced as being in production in that 20 odd day time frame by saying DBC14 was announced a year ago. A bit of a fact check would see this is incorrect especially in relation to Rugby League Live 2 - Rugby League Live 2 - The Front Row Forum :: Rugby League

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Bigg's comment implies that the two games were only announced as being in production in that 20 odd day time frame by saying DBC14 was announced a year ago. A bit of a fact check would see this is incorrect especially in relation to Rugby League Live 2 - Rugby League Live 2 - The Front Row Forum :: Rugby League

Just to put you out of your misery, your initial wording was...

They have also announced those two games in the previous month to the actual release date.

For the sake of clarity, you meant "they have also announced the release date of those two games"...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Bigg's comment implies that the two games were only announced as being in production in that 20 odd day time frame by saying DBC14 was announced a year ago.

What? Actually, don't answer. Please compare this game to varying degrees of rubber band sizes and cite examples of their marketing failure in the Jam industry.

grkrama

National Board President
EA were making universally condoned NBA games themselves
So you are comparing EA's NBA games with AC13?
the onlygames that can be compared with AC13 are warz, big rig kind of games.
If trickstar had released a game like AC09 ot IC10 they would have got condoned like NBA title but market would have been still good, people would want a better game of cricket in that scenario not get thrownoff at looking a cricket title like it happened with AC13 mess.

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
the onlygames that can be compared with AC13 are warz, big rig kind of games.

Oh god, really? Please post 75% less than you do currently. My eyes hurt from rolling them. The ONLY games? Wrong. How about the most obvious and frequently compared game even the freakin' owner of the company uses as a comparison; Their AFL and League titles! They're your logical examples. Take whatever cues you need from them as has been done by 100% of the people who make sense.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Oh god, really? Please post 75% less than you do currently. My eyes hurt from rolling them. The ONLY games? Wrong. How about the most obvious and frequently compared game even the freakin' owner of the company uses as a comparison; Their AFL and League titles! They're your logical examples. Take whatever cues you need from them as has been done by 100% of the people who make sense.
Might want to read that post again Biggs, unless you think the Big Ant AFL games are the closest comparison to the quality of AC13.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Sports titles. Pick a relevant sport by a small developer, thats my point. Whatever the latest clusterfish AFL game that BigAnt didn't make... Still better than AC13...

I hate this thread.

grkrama

National Board President

hey bad games are different from unplayable games that was the point i was making, do you get it

----------

Oh god, really? Please post 75% less than you do currently. My eyes hurt from rolling them
feel free to skip[ they are not must read:).

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Sports titles. Pick a relevant sport by a small developer, thats my point. Whatever the latest clusterfish AFL game that BigAnt didn't make... Still better than AC13...
grkrama wasn't responding to your point though - but rather the confusing post by Top Score that uses 'condoned' to mean something totally different.

The comparison being made was that 2K shouldn't have released their NBA 2K games because of how bad the EA NBA games were - which is obviously ignoring just how extraordinarily bad AC13 is compared to the normal 'bad' sports game - which is the point grkrama was attempting to make with other examples of games of the same level extraordinarily bad game.

You're agreeing with each other.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Even more reason why I hate this thread. I'll knock back it to demanding 65% less with additional good behavior percentage added for making a coherent post.

AC13 really has no comparison. It was an abortion that went wrong, then got a live birth because, Fegan wanted an extra vacation week.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Imagine Biggs and grkrama at Versailles (Biggs as Kaiser / grkrama as Lloyd George)

Biggs: I want to surrender
grkrama:I want you to surrender
Biggs: Listen you idiot, I want to surrender
grkrama: What don't you understand, I want you to surrender?
Biggs: Are you gonna let me surrender you little prick?
grkrama: Why don't you just surrender you moron?
Biggs: Right, this means war!!!
grkrama: War I tell you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread