Post your questions about the game here!

Gurjot95

National Board President
What I was really thinking is that ground fielding and running between wickets has always been automatic in previous cricket games. You can't expect howlers in running in this way. Sprint butting during running is really nice but what will be really great is Stamina feature. The more you run while batting, your speed decreases with time. So you can't run at top speed when your batsman has played a long innings. Speeds should vary between batsman too. Dhoni and Ashwin shouldn't run at same speed while batting. This will create more realistic chances of run outs and more howlers. It will give the opportunity for users to take singles only when required and according to batsman at crease.

Similarly, it should be same for fielding. Your stamina decreases with the time you spend on field. Speed, Bullet arm, fielding attributes, accuracy are important features of fielding too. Maybe a dive button during fielding will be great addition too.

These are always gets ignored by developers. I hope you give some thoughts on this. Fielding and running between wickets comes handy when match is in tight situation and provides realism to cricket game.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Online Cricket Games Owned
What I was really thinking is that ground fielding and running between wickets has always been automatic in previous cricket games. You can't expect howlers in running in this way. Sprint butting during running is really nice but what will be really great is Stamina feature. The more you run while batting, your speed decreases with time. So you can't run at top speed when your batsman has played a long innings. Speeds should vary between batsman too. Dhoni and Ashwin shouldn't run at same speed while batting. This will create more realistic chances of run outs and more howlers. It will give the opportunity for users to take singles only when required and according to batsman at crease.

Similarly, it should be same for fielding. Your stamina decreases with the time you spend on field. Speed, Bullet arm, fielding attributes, accuracy are important features of fielding too. Maybe a dive button during fielding will be great addition too.

These are always gets ignored by developers. I hope you give some thoughts on this. Fielding and running between wickets comes handy when match is in tight situation and provides realism to cricket game.

Good points there. Also, concerning running between the wickets, it 'is' a major part of cricket, and frankly it can be made thoroughly enjoyable in cricket games through simple programming. Here are some of my thought which (i feel) can be easily implemented in the game:

a) Make the non-striker independant, i.e. controlled by ai. Instead of running like a dummy everytime I (the striker) call, make it random (which would be calculated based on some stats that I would be mentioning in the 2nd point). So say if I hit a ball close to a fielder and call for a tight run, the non-striker controlled by AI 'should' have the option of saying NO, and if it was a bad call at my end or I do not cancel the run on time, I would get run out or get stranded at the non-striker end. This should not be too hard to implement as the AI for running between the wickets is already there for cpu controlled players.

b) The ability of the non-striker to calculate whether to take the run or not should be dependant on factors like chemistry with the striker (more on this in 3rd point), rating for running between the wickets, moral of non-striker, stamina, fielder's rating etc.

c) Chemistry between the striker can be calculated based on whether both batsmen have played together in many partnerships(dont know if having this figure is possible without stat tracking), amount of time both batsmen have played during the match, whether any bad calls have been made by either in the match, number of runouts in batsman's career.

d) Moral of the player should be based on the runs scored in series, match situation, bowler's performance in the match, score in the match, wickets left, balls hitting middle of bat.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
^ I'd especially want the above in a Career mode situation, where every game aspect should be like that (or at least optionally like that), where you're controlling one player on the field, not all 11.

I remember when playing Super International Cricket I'd usually order my team by their running between the wickets speed, because the running speed difference was extremely pronounced in that game, and I found that usually mattered more than the difference in batting skill.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
^ I'd especially want the above in a Career mode situation, where every game aspect should be like that (or at least optionally like that), where you're controlling one player on the field, not all 11.

I remember when playing Super International Cricket I'd usually order my team by their running between the wickets speed, because the running speed difference was extremely pronounced in that game, and I found that usually mattered more than the difference in batting skill.

I remember that too, if i remember right was the players name max power
or something like that. God he ran so slow like a old lady, i loved the super
international cricket game :D

Also Ross i hope playing as a weak team[new zealand] is a lot harder.
Say vs south africa as the latest test series shows big time.:thumbs

mohammed123

School Cricketer
Ross you said that we will get something in regards to the game during january, were half way through the month and still nothing just wondering when you are going to release this download.

Also Ross any chance of getting some screenshots of the actual thing. and any information on release dates or release of trailers and will their be a demo on ps3 or xbox.

Last edited by a moderator:

bsateee

Associate Cricketer
Regarding Player Editor

Hi Ross, Your Player Editor allows only to edit the players alone or is there any possibilities of Editing a bat like, to change the grip colors and stickers(customizing according to our favorite players bats) Batting accessories like(Batting Glove, Pads & Helmets) for individual players. Because in a team all 11 players are using same branded helmets, batting gloves, pads and all.. In EA crc 07, its not possible to customize the bats through player editor directly.. Instead of that we need to edit through bats.xml only... If its possible, it will be more intresting to edit and cutomize all the players... Really excited on seeing RLL2 player editor..

When you get time pls rply for this post..:thumbs

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Ross you said that we will get something in regards to the game during january, were half way through the month and still nothing just wondering when you are going to release this download.

Also Ross any chance of getting some screenshots of the actual thing. and any information on release dates or release of trailers and will their be a demo on ps3 or xbox.

Dude i'm the only one going to write about things like this:mad
Just kidding, ross will not answer so don't waste your time.

Yes guys i learned something.:eek:

----------

Hi Ross, Your Player Editor allows only to edit the players alone or is there any possibilities of Editing a bat like, to change the grip colors and stickers(customizing according to our favorite players bats) Batting accessories like(Batting Glove, Pads & Helmets) for individual players. Because in a team all 11 players are using same branded helmets, batting gloves, pads and all.. In EA crc 07, its not possible to customize the bats through player editor directly.. Instead of that we need to edit through bats.xml only... If its possible, it will be more intresting to edit and cutomize all the players... Really excited on seeing RLL2 player editor..

When you get time pls rply for this post..:thumbs

I second this, god i would spend more time in the editing than playing.
Well unless the gameplay is as good.:spy

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I may not always answer but I am reading, multiple times a day :)

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I may not always answer but I am reading, multiple times a day :)

We all know that Ross, we see you on here all the time :yes
maybe you said to much at the start and got told off dude :eek:

maybe just tell us nicely that you can not give us what we want at this
time.:cheers

ricky87

Club Captain
I think now you are just being rude. It should be common sense that they don't have anything to show to us just yet or maybe the time is not right, and Ross did say this as well earlier, just look for it in one of the threads.

Poppii

School Cricketer
Ross will we be able to play slog sweep , scoop shot that is 360 degree batting control as no cricket game I have played as ever had 360 degree batting control

Pls Reply

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
A free bat mode where you could just use the analogue stick and have the batsman track the action you do no matter how stupid would be about the only way to get every shot you want in the game. But that'd be near impossible to animate.

angad

Chairman of Consent
A free bat mode where you could just use the analogue stick and have the batsman track the action you do no matter how stupid would be about the only way to get every shot you want in the game. But that'd be near impossible to animate.

Or just give us PS Move batting mechanics from Street Cricket. Batting in that game with the move was insane!!!! Just wish we got those batting mechanics with a proper cricket game using leather balls :)! It would really be the best cricket game in the market!!!

Just see these mechanics from a video I had posted long time back:

PS3 Street Cricket Move Gameplay - YouTube

Last edited:

adit142

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ya ps3 street cricket was gud in terms of move controller

Users who are viewing this thread