Post your questions about the game here!

will the AI sledge us?

like send down a couple of juicy bouncers and mock us for ducking instead of taking them on?

will the AI sledge us?

like send down a couple of juicy bouncers and mock us for ducking instead of taking them on?
I asked for buttons to be able to call England players **** ****s and **** **** **** **** with **** for ****.

But apparently the game has to be a 'G' rating...:rolleyes

Did ross and co confirmed a button for ducking?

How about a button for leaving the ball..like a wide of off stump ball?

Can't seem to remember anything regarding these controls.

I asked for buttons to be able to call England players **** ****s and **** **** **** **** with **** for ****.

But apparently the game has to be a 'G' rating...:rolleyes

thought the biggest problem with that it is i thought the game expects you match talk with performance... probably better to stay pretty quiet at 3-0 down
:cheers

^^^^ My mistake, have looked back and realised that nothing has been confirmed regarding the controls. With the attention to detail in the things we have been privvy to so far, I would be surprised if it had been missed.

I agree with a button to leave also, another vital part of the game, and with bat pad's being part of a cricket game for the first time, the ability to pad the ball away would be a great feature too.

With first person, I'll just give you a little story, which is why I'm shouting at the screen at work I had a spinner at one end and a medium pacer at the other, playing the bad ball and jogging along quite nicely. The next over there's a change in bowler, it's a quick and so I'm ready to block a few shots to start with. The bowler starts his run up, I'm watching, ready, looking through the grill of my helmet, the bowler delivers the ball, I play the shot and midway through the swing I hear the stumps get smashed. It was a 158.5kph ball. I see in the replay that I might have been a little late on the shot :yes

The feeling of speed and being immersed in the game with first person batting isn't something I can get across enough, it's the feeling that you want to move that little bit closer to the screen, your concentration level goes up just a notch, because if you don't do those things you are making the long walk back to the pavilion very quickly.

3rd person cameras have that extra view, you get to see more of the surroundings, but first person, that's cricket.

With first person, I'll just give you a little story, which is why I'm shouting at the screen at work I had a spinner at one end and a medium pacer at the other, playing the bad ball and jogging along quite nicely. The next over there's a change in bowler, it's a quick and so I'm ready to block a few shots to start with. The bowler starts his run up, I'm watching, ready, looking through the grill of my helmet, the bowler delivers the ball, I play the shot and midway through the swing I hear the stumps get smashed. It was a 158.5kph ball. I see in the replay that I might have been a little late on the shot :yes

The feeling of speed and being immersed in the game with first person batting isn't something I can get across enough, it's the feeling that you want to move that little bit closer to the screen, your concentration level goes up just a notch, because if you don't do those things you are making the long walk back to the pavilion very quickly.

3rd person cameras have that extra view, you get to see more of the surroundings, but first person, that's cricket.
This is something I am very keen to see how it has been done, I know in some first person modes in games sometimes it just feels like your head is "floating" in the air, if that makes sense. Can we move and turn our head to see the field etc?

One thing cricket games have never got right is a sense of speed. Even the fastest deliveries always felt floaty. Sounds like that might be about to change.

Great cant wait to play 1st person cam I hope it looks like this:

Watson/ Birt Helmet Cam: KFC T20 Big Bash League - YouTube

Will there be any option to view the field positions ? A 360 degree view of the field maybe ?

Last edited:
Pretty close including the sound. I turn commentary off for this it just doesn't seem appropriate.

Amazing to hear about the view from under the helmet. Sounds like a great idea and turning off commentary is surely the way to go. Just imagining playing like this sounds soooo much fun.

Question.,,I am guessing in this view the "eyes" follow the ball if it is something like a yorker?

And can you please mention whether there is a seperate leave/duck button/control for batting? Or is it like automatic? Believe ashes 09/ic10 had it automatic where if you dont press a button the batsman will leave the ball. The batsman did not used to duck at all though. Hated both of these things.

That sounds great! I'm so looking forward to it.

In addition to that, I've so many questions but Ross rarely answers :(

Kindly answer the following question and mention the ones that you can't (for reasons that I absolutely understand)

1. Will there be international competitions at domestic level? U-19 World Cup, etc.?
2. Will the runs scored there will be of greater significance (the same concept as scoring runs against arch-rivals have greater significance).
3. Can we start playing a shot but then decide against it? Like, going for the pull but ducking out at the last moment as the ball was a bit too quick.
4. Can the batsman hit the non-striker, which can then obstruct the running process? Can this cause injuries?
5. Does the obstruction in field law applies in the game? Is it even possible to change the line of our running?
6. If we are playing as a wicket-keeper in the career mode, can we sledge/keep sledging from behind the wicket? Is it possible? Does it have any positive/negative effect (like damaging the concentration of the batsman)
7. Can we jump out of the crease and then play a defensive shot or any other shot for that instance? I mean, just to mitigate the swing/seam/spin/drift of the ball. This is something that Kevin, Trott and Hafeez often do.
8. Will the career mode have a pre-set FTP or will we have to create the entire planning?

I've many more other, but I won't ask so many questions at this stage. :P I've just asked 8 for now, considering that you can answer 3-4 out of them.

Thanks in advance :)

Given that they mentioned with regards to fielding, that not moving your hands is a decision itself, I would think that duck/leave will be there as proactive decisions - ie you will have to press or do something, rather than a duck/leave auto animation because you did nothing. (Don't duck and you could end up wearing one)

Users who are viewing this thread