Post your questions about the game here!

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
do you guys think that we need that post animation of batsmen doing a jerk after playing aggressive shot? its ugly and also in one of the videos i saw the batsmen's foot went inside the stumps :facepalm i hate that animation, ross it spoils the entire beauty of the game, :noway please remove it

One animations ruins the beauty of the game? I've come round to it. It gets the batsman back in his crease and is similar to what a normal batsman does, if a bit exaggerated.

D

Dutch

do you guys think that we need that post animation of batsmen doing a jerk after playing aggressive shot? its ugly and also in one of the videos i saw the batsmen's foot went inside the stumps :facepalm i hate that animation, ross it spoils the entire beauty of the game, :noway please remove it

You are to this forum as marmite is to a chocolate cream cake....is there anything in life that is going well for you?

Vans

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I'm into my 3rd yr in career. Still avg 19 in FC & about 15 avg in 4 days. TWENTY20 the highest at 25 avg.

For South Africa I avg 19 Test
ODI I avg 19 & a dismal 5 in T20 because I only batted once in 18 games in T20 ' s cause the top 4 batsman always get the score before my all rounder @ 5 comes in.

I'm getting the hang of the game now & starting to love it even more I do feel frustrated @ the level of difficulty it goes up from Domestic to International. It's a bit ridiculous. I mean make it difficult not impossible to build an innings. Now I'm one who loves Test match cricket and can bat & block out like old Andrew Hudson for SA back in the day. But the thing is my mindset in right and keen for a long innings blocking most balls and starting slow so I can get confidence build up but that's impossible cause @ International level in career u don't just pay for bad shots or wrong footwork u almost edge everything or the one timed drive goes aerial every time! So frustrating.

Think the move up to International should be harder in the way of it taking longer in ur innings to build confidence and only then u can play good timed drives or not be afraid of a spinner getting u 98% of the time in the 1st over grrr.

Not like now where u sometimes go throw 5 test matches in a row with a high score of 21 odd runs and the rest single figures cause every ball u block is an edge.

Still love the game and think it's the best ever. Hopefully all that will be tweaked and fixed in the new patch.

Anyways that's my 5c's right there.

Anyone else's thoughts?

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Can someone just let me know if when you start a career you can choose an existing player model from the game, or you have to start over? I spent ages making myself on the Academy editor ages ago, but I'm wondering if it's worth putting it up so I can download it once the game's out or if I'll have to do it all again anyway? I'm assuming I can upload from the old Academy and download on the Steam one without any problems? Or is it not going to recognise that it's my upload? I don't have an uploader username as far as I'm aware - do I need to make that kind of thing first? The name at the top of the screen is just taking the name of my computer at the moment.

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One follow up about difficulty levels in career mode HBK...

I'm playing career on Legend but have noticed that batting in FC matches is tougher compared to other formats. Also, batting at intl level seems to be more difficult especially against spinners where the margin of error seems to be extremely small.

Are there any minor changes at the same difficulty level as the difficulty level definitely doesn't feel the same across all formats (FC vs List A vs T20) and matches (domestic vs intl)? Are there any hidden difficulty sub-levels, especially for Legend, in career mode?
There's no extra or hidden difficulty levels.
We've toned it down for patch 2.
Can someone just let me know if when you start a career you can choose an existing player model from the game, or you have to start over? I spent ages making myself on the Academy editor ages ago, but I'm wondering if it's worth putting it up so I can download it once the game's out or if I'll have to do it all again anyway? I'm assuming I can upload from the old Academy and download on the Steam one without any problems? Or is it not going to recognise that it's my upload? I don't have an uploader username as far as I'm aware - do I need to make that kind of thing first? The name at the top of the screen is just taking the name of my computer at the moment.
You will be able to use your created player for Career, best off uploading it and downloading it when you get the game.

ddavisgr

School Cricketer
How difficult is it?

Guys. Need some basic info. I have been playing Ashes 2009 for while now. But what I dont like about it is that the batting is quite easy even in hard mode. You can easily score 250+ in a t20. Maximum score the computer scores is 200.

I want to know if this game is tough or is it easy once u are comfortable with the controls. Planning to buy this. But only if its challenging enough.

mixz0r

Club Captain
I want to know if this game is tough or is it easy

Spend 5 minutes in this forum and you'll find the answer.

But... it's tough. Don't expect to be making big scores every innings like in AC09. I have to say, it's the most realistic cricket game I've played and it makes the 50s and 100s all the more rewarding.

It gets easier as you progress and I'm a little disappointed they're making it easier to bat in the next patch (I think?). I've really enjoyed the challenge of batting.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
You will be able to use your created player for Career, best off uploading it and downloading it when you get the game.

Will do. I've finally resolved the seemingly neverending controller problems I had when I was playing before too. It seemed that they were back with a vengeance, but they're finally gone for good so thank god for that. My created player still appears in the Steam version of the demo - will make sure I upload him before release day so I can download on the full game. Very excited again now, particularly now the controller problem is sorted.

Oregonian

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
It will be a brilliant addition and this is my request to BigAnt studios that those stadiums which we have edited in Cricket Academy for teams, for example if i choose "Sussex Oval" for a team in the Cricket academy and edit it with name of "Dublin Cricket Ground" so in Tour Design mode or in any match we should view and select "Dublin Cricket Ground" along with other stadiums as well (default stadiums and Edited Stadiums). In Tour design mode we can select all these edited stadiums and choose them for different matches. For example in a three ODI series: First match at Dublin Stadium Second at Belfast Etc. This option will make a list of large number of stadiums to choose from in any match level.
I believe this addition will give us variety of options in terms of different stadiums and we won't be restricted to a small number of stadiums.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Pretty sure there's been some confusion as to the difference between question and statement.

Anyway, is this game actually any good yet? I've got a mate coming down for a week and we're quite keen for a good two player cricket game. Is it possible to play local 1v1? Is it possible to play 2 v AI? Does this extend to career?

People who know what they are talking about can reply. Everyone else can ignore this post and move along please. Nothing to see here.

If you could use the whole 'quote' feature that would be handy as I can actually find the responses. Ta muchly.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Pretty sure there's been some confusion as to the difference between question and statement.

Anyway, is this game actually any good yet? I've got a mate coming down for a week and we're quite keen for a good two player cricket game. Is it possible to play local 1v1? Is it possible to play 2 v AI? Does this extend to career?

People who know what they are talking about can reply. Everyone else can ignore this post and move along please. Nothing to see here.

If you could use the whole 'quote' feature that would be handy as I can actually find the responses. Ta muchly.

It's a great game but not quite there yet for offline multi-player. Co-op play (2 vs AI) is not yet supported unless you and your bud pass on the controller to each other. 1v1 is not that fun as the camera angles don't work for both and you will need to go with 'Broadcast cam' which is not that fun for batting IMO.

acewa

School Cricketer
Rep teams for career

HI guys, first post so I hope im in the right thread. I have created some QLD district teams in hopes that i can use them to start out my career. The teams I have made are ( Wynnum Manly DCC, Sunshine Coast scorcers, Gold Coast Dolphins, Sandgate/Redcliffe, Valley DCC, Ipswich / Logan, Redlands, University of Queensland, South Brisbane, Northern Suburbs DCC, Western Suburbs and Toombul DCC ). What I would like to know is if I can make it so that i start out my career playing for the Sunshine Coast Scorchers before being selected for the QLD squad and if I do this by replacing the english domestic league will that mean that I will get called back to play for Sunshine Coast Scorchers for the rest of my career, and are you able to edit the comps that take place in the english domestic league so all 12 teams play in all comps. Also would it be possible to make it so you start at district level, then go to domestic, then be selected to play for Australia A before being selected for the international squad. Hope this is all makes since and thanks alot in advance for and help and replies.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
It's a great game but not quite there yet for offline multi-player. Co-op play (2 vs AI) is not yet supported unless you and your bud pass on the controller to each other. 1v1 is not that fun as the camera angles don't work for both and you will need to go with 'Broadcast cam' which is not that fun for batting IMO.

Thanks bud. So I can still set up an ashes series (or more likely Eng v SL) and we can play with one controller. Would I be right that this isn't possible in career mode? Will I be limited to just my own player or can we also take the rest of the team? Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread