Post your questions about the game here!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Pro, test match, latest PC version, bowling competition mode..

Havent got one edge, how much patience do I need in this format? Seem to get a few on ODI. Is there a big difference?

I hope that when we get a patch for added edges, it doesn't affect the user/human batsman. I don't think I would be able to bat with any more edges. In fact the ideal scenario would be to reduce edges for a user/human batsmen and increase the frequency of edges for AI batsmen.

Alberts

International Coach
I hope that when we get a patch for added edges, it doesn't affect the user/human batsman. I don't think I would be able to bat with any more edges. In fact the ideal scenario would be to reduce edges for a user/human batsmen and increase the frequency of edges for AI batsmen.

I swear the AI must be edging it for giggles in the soak tests (or whatever they want to call theirs), because all their balance changes seem to have done nothing to sort the problem, and when it has it seems to get "fixed" to less edges later. I don't get it, it's like Football Manager's fetish for injuries. They seem to have balanced human batting quite nicely, the issue is the AI, and that really is the hard part of any game, but they really do need to be tweaked (as does their running, they are too conservative). It'll be interesting to see how things are after the big patch. They've done a magnificent job overall so far, so I guess it's just a matter of faith and patience that they'll sort the issue.

D

Dutch

I swear the AI must be edging it for giggles in the soak tests (or whatever they want to call theirs), because all their balance changes seem to have done nothing to sort the problem, and when it has it seems to get "fixed" to less edges later. I don't get it, it's like Football Manager's fetish for injuries. They seem to have balanced human batting quite nicely, the issue is the AI, and that really is the hard part of any game, but they really do need to be tweaked (as does their running, they are too conservative). It'll be interesting to see how things are after the big patch. They've done a magnificent job overall so far, so I guess it's just a matter of faith and patience that they'll sort the issue.

BA are continuing working on things; they are busy with other projects so we indeed need to have patience but they will deliver...

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
yes ross those things take time they say good things come to those who wait ( not to those who hesitate my words in brackets) so thanks for all the updates and commitment by you and your team. Maybe I will have time for my wife or maybe not while I wait as I have obsessive cricket disorder with the game.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Thanks Dutch. We are still working on Don Bradman Cricket 14 updates, we have delivered all that we said and will continue to do so. These things do take time and commitment.

Couldn't agree more... nailing down gameplay & gameplay balancing is a marathon, not a sprint. I'm just glad you guys decided to develop cricket games :thumbs

Alberts

International Coach
BA are continuing working on things; they are busy with other projects so we indeed need to have patience but they will deliver...

I'm sure they will, did that come across as negative?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I'm sure they will, did that come across as negative?

Don't think so. We are all pretty much on the same page and your last sentence says as much...

They've done a magnificent job overall so far, so I guess it's just a matter of faith and patience that they'll sort the issue.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
:thumbsRight on Dutch, hoping for a lovely Xmas with patch 3 but if not i'm ok to wait as long as needed.
I do love batting in this game now, tests are loads of fun.

Bahger

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am pretty sure that I signed up as Amateur so that, because there is now one step up in career difficulty, I would play at Pro level in test cricket. Now that I am playing in tests, I have a hunch that this is accurate, as the bowling tolerances are much narrow (I bowl leg spin) and as batsman the player faces pacier fast bowling and craftier spin. The thing is, whenever I practice in the nets within the career module, the (unchangeable) difficulty level is out of synch; pre-Test, it was "Novice" (not much use at all) and now it's "Amateur". I do believe the bowling I face in career matches is much tougher than that from the machine in the nets. Can anyone clarify? Many thanks.

Ash1973

Club Cricketer
I think in career mode you go up 2 levels when playing test cricket,so if you started your career on amateur you will be playing tests on veteran.

rummy026

School Cricketer
There is a problem with internet provider.. When I try to play the game in offline, it is saying that it is impossible to play the game without internet connection.. Then what is the use of buying the game.. If there is no internet, how can I play the game? Please show me the solution Ross.. I post a screenshot of my problem..DBC 14 offline error.jpg

Bahger

Club Cricketer
I think in career mode you go up 2 levels when playing test cricket,so if you started your career on amateur you will be playing tests on veteran.
That sounds fine, I think I can cope with Veteran pretty well but I wonder why the difficulty levels in Career net practice are out of synch. Is there any way to verify the Career difficulty levels chosen?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thanks Dutch. We are still working on Don Bradman Cricket 14 updates, we have delivered all that we said and will continue to do so. These things do take time and commitment.

Mr Big Ant, I hope the sliders make a bit more of a difference to AI skills to make bowling at the AI more varied and rewarding in the next patch.. That is all

Users who are viewing this thread