Posting Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey,

I wanted to post something about the posting quality recently and I'm sure many people saw the discussion in the leaving/back thread as tassie said he was leaving as he now saw coming on PC a chore and the posting quality has gone miles down hill. I'm pretty sure we have all seen it all the old quality members are leaving as all the new ones come in and start posting complete rubbish in text talk such as 'dis', 'lyk', 'u' instead of 'this','like', and 'you'.

I mean we have no problem with people who come mainly from the sub continent where English isn't there first language and they have things that are gramatically incorrect but they try their hardest to get it right and in the process pick up bits of English and how things work as they are here.

I'm sure many people know that the quality of posting has gone down but I want to know what there is we can do? because to be honest as much as I love posting on this forum and enjoy a lot of the banter and community feel it does get annoying when you have to pour through rubbish posting quality?

Is there anything that we can do about it?

Thanks
Ollie

Highlander999

ICC President
Sure, most of the forum agree with you and the fact is, the majority of members do post quality posts. However a minority do ruin it for the forum, with stupid posts. The banning of Hitterman has helped this, but there are still quite a few idiots around and this is in no means racial but they all originate from India and started of in the Downloads Forum.

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
I completely agree. I hate people who post as if this is MSN. The quality of the downloads forum is the worst to date (not the downloads but the posts there). It was where I would be most, but for some time now I don't feel like opening it.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Well I must say, I have contemplated (sp?) leaving the forums, as I'm going to be honest. The forums quality is pathetic. Ever since the Indian Series, this forum has been divided. That trolling thread was ridiculous.

I'm happy I don't have C07 and have to download stuff.

Highlander999

ICC President
I'm going to stick my nose out here and say part of the blame lies with the moderators. They seem to just be too soft on some of the guys here and although we've fallen out reguarly I hold a lot of respect for people like Dean as you know where the line is (There are other good mods as well, but I don't think it is fair to name those who appear to be non-existent) It has seemed ever since that Corruption Crisis Thread we have now gone to the other extreme where the forum could actually do with it being taken by the scruff of the neck and being given a good old shake.

As I said just my opinion

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Well I must say, I have contemplated (sp?) leaving the forums, as I'm going to be honest. The forums quality is pathetic. Ever since the Indian Series, this forum has been divided. That trolling thread was ridiculous.

I'm happy I don't have C07 and have to download stuff.

^ this is what I mean. Quality members thinking about leaving the forum has posting quality has become well..dire. I think things have to be done for people to stay and for the forum to become a much better place again,

Highlander999

ICC President
^ this is what I mean. Quality members thinking about leaving the forum has posting quality has become well..dire. I think things have to be done for people to stay and for the forum to become a much better place again,

All good you saying that, but any suggestions?

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
yeah da quality posting in da (:p:D) Download centre is a discrace. We should give each member who does it one warning and if they do it again there out.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
In my opinion, the issue is with some of the 'good' members spamming rather than the occasional venturing of those from the download forum into GC or CC.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
I'm going to stick my nose out.... ....my opinion

I think, don't give them warnings, but ban them. I think you need to implement a yellow/red card system. Just like on another forum I go on. Say you spam a lot, or you do something that's not within the rules, give them a yellow card. This will stop them from being able to post the thread. If they do it again, or whine about their decision, give them a red for a week which bans them from the forum.

Also, why are the members who haven't been on for months still mods? People like Brett_Lee used to be active, but don't come on anymore. What's the point in having them as a mod?

Gilly Fan added 1 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

All good you saying that, but any suggestions?

We may need a new USP for now. At the moment the current USP is video games. Considering no decent video games are coming out, maybe the admins need to re-think the type of forum that Planet Cricket is.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I think, don't give them warnings, but ban them. I think you need to implement a yellow/red card system. Just like on another forum I go on. Say you spam a lot, or you do something that's not within the rules, give them a yellow card. This will stop them from being able to post the thread. If they do it again, or whine about their decision, give them a red for a week which bans them from the forum.

Also, why are the members who haven't been on for months still mods? People like Brett_Lee used to be active, but don't come on anymore. What's the point in having them as a mod?

Gilly Fan added 1 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

We may need a new USP for now. At the moment the current USP is video games. Considering no decent video games are coming out, maybe the admins need to re-think the type of forum that Planet Cricket is.
If we had a two strikes system for members, they'd be hardly any left.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors

Yeah I believe we should replace the old unactive mods with some new active mods.
Mate Planetcricket Is a forum for cricket and also cricket downloads. I know I came here for the downloads rather than the cricket. The downloads are what makes planetcricket unique

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
If we had a two strikes system for members, they'd be hardly any left.

The thing is manee, they're not getting punished for spamming. That's why they keep doing it. At least give them a strike which bans them from certain features and/or parts of the forum like posting threads and they may learn their lesson.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
The thing is manee, they're not getting punished for spamming. That's why they keep doing it. At least give them a strike which bans them from certain features and/or parts of the forum like posting threads and they may learn their lesson.

I am hesitant to name members, but recall that many from this now hated Downlods Forum have been banned as of late for various reasons. You need to use the Post Report system if you think a post is 'spam', we can't view the entire forum and contrary to popular belief, we have lives. It is a fine balance of punishing members - as a few of the popular GC posters have been banned in the past and naturally, members did not like it.

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
Chopping and changing moderators would do no good. We members should use the report button more. To be honest, I haven't used it yet. Whenever we see substandard posts, we should immediately report them. I will do this from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread