• Might Never Get Released

Votes: 46 28.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
i'll ask LM tomorrow about the progress hes made since he returned....
lets hope for some good news !

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
i know how you feel but am really tired of posting "oh, LM will bounce back".
"have faith in us", "you'll see some progress real soon" etc etc blah blah blah !!

it just feels frustrating to give false hopes when myself am not convinced
if there will be any progress.

so, the next time i post something regarding the updates, it'll be only if
we did something concrete and worth posting in the forums !!

JK

I understand what you mean. Maybe it is good if you contact LM and ask him to visit this thread once cause then it will release the pressure off of you and on to LM. I see you have been more active than him so he must care as much as you do.

bumba26

School Cricketer
I wonder if this a scam. All we hear is big talks of hard work and lots of comments from various posters. In three years we have seen videos of a fatso bowling leg spin and a confused fast bowler bowling at a batsman who is comfortably parked in the crease. This is their output in 3 years. Now u people do the math. Seems like JK and LM are really enjoying the attention they are getting here and adamant to keep it that way.

So, never is my vote.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
I wonder if this a scam. All we hear is big talks of hard work and lots of comments from various posters. In three years we have seen videos of a fatso bowling leg spin and a confused fast bowler bowling at a batsman who is comfortably parked in the crease. This is their output in 3 years. Now u people do the math. Seems like JK and LM are really enjoying the attention they are getting here and adamant to keep it that way.

So, never is my vote.

:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:clap:clap:hpraise

International Coach
with the kind of effort they put in i really hope the game releases.

edx

School Cricketer

So, never is my vote.

Their "output" is very impressive considering what they are trying to do and the resources they have. JK and LM have never tried to hide the fact that it is a hugely difficult task and im sure they want it finished more than anyone does. So no, this is no scam.

coolz_hari

International Coach

So, never is my vote.

sorry if i become too harsh.are you blind or what? kartik & Lm work so hard to get these kind of comments. That too comments made by those who doesn't know anything about cricket gaming

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Now that my friend, without a doubt, is one hell of a comeback - well done. :) Especially after that jkartik dude's got no problem with going along with saying that this game's a lost prospect, even if TAOC has any future, it'll pretty much seem like a one-man game. This thread's about what everyone's expectations are from "TAOC", and if you think we're all idiots for having our doubts, go report those posts.

way to manipulate words !!! you should be working in tabloids.

i said, am tired of giving FALSE hopes and will only update once something substantial is actually done. i never said its a lost prospect.
i've been doing this for over 3 years and i think i know how to go about things...

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Not sure what your last post to that guy above me meant, might've taken it the wrong way, sorry. But your point in that other "TAOC future" thread was that, a beta is due in, um, 4 1/2 months and if it doesn't come through, then it's a lost prospect?

not a lost prospect exactly but then i would look into the scenario...

-if i feel that the beta is close enough, then i'd continue....

-if the progress is going really slow like it is now and theres no signs of a release BEFORE December 2009, then i'll be resigning from this project for good.

its slowly reaching that saturation point wherein my life and career will suffer
if i dont take some drastic decisions.

am no longer the school going kid who has a fixed routine and an easy life.
am on my own, away from home (nice ryhme :p), unsure of a comfortable future etc....!

am more of a go getter...hence,i dropped out of college last year which means no graduation for me....and the path and the risks that i have taken, i'll be either a big shot guy the whole country knows about or a nobody !!
thats why i constantly need to be on the run to have a financial security and stability in life....theres so many new things to learn, to do and i've been
putting a pause to all that just so that i can fulfill my commitments to TAOC.

but if i feel its just not worth it anymore, that'll be when i'll call it a day !

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

So, never is my vote.
A scam is an idea to make money. They haven't made a penny out of TAOC. Think again.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
A game being worked on by a two man team as a hobby has scant chance of releasing in a reasonable time frame.
Not sure why you guys don't want any developers. Granted you wont find many on this forum, at least not from the active bunch, but you still should be looking out for some. Not only will it result in faster implementation but also reduce time spent on bug fixing. The current code could be poorly commented or verbose, but the other devs could still help with things still needing to be implemented.

Working on a project as a hobby is fine but doesn't work out well for larger projects like this game. Love for the game might be a big motivation, but lets be realistic, if there is no chance of adequate monetary compensation then spending time on the game is not going to be very high on the priority list. It may be a bit hard to make decent money without having a publisher but it certainly is possible.

I read in the other thread that AI is only done 5%. It might be better to release the game with multiplayer and a rudimentary AI. Multiplayer would still need fielding and umpiring AI but the rest of the stuff like bowling/batting strategies, pacing and a whole lot more would be controlled by humans. AI is never going to be complete in a complex game so it could be progressively improved in future versions. It might be better to cut down some features, make the game playable, release a beta and get some feedback before implementing them.

It'd be a shame if this game doesn't get released; I hope it does within the next year.

Last edited:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
The game will be released, don't worry. I'm not doubting it. They are too far in to quit now. They've got a few bowler animations, the batting animations, the timing bar and some basic graphics done. What's left is the rest of the animations, building in fielding and keeping, and adding more graphics and some AI.

The might need to get more help, but they will finish it.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Yep, it'll release. It's not impossible either. It's just the virtual dung that people are throwing at the makers, just to moan and feel sad for nothing.

My advise, if taken, Support the guys, help as many of you do. If you're not interested, just don't mind this game. Getting pricked for every single reason is quite embarrassing. After all, it's the game they're doing just for you people, not for their sake. Understand what they're going through and wait until LM or JK post. Pressurizing just does nothing but take away the game that in someway is made for you. And hastiness evokes the guys to quicken things that aren't supposed to be rushed.

And i'm saying what i said a lot of times before, The progress of the game is breathtaking to anyone who's a literate in this field(s). Common people chasing this fragmented, puzzled-goal, achieving a resounding feat to prove anyway half-way It's possible to make a cricket game by replenished chance to bring out skills and not big budgets to do it. As saying it, They've proved that you don't need to be working in big companies or in bunches to produce anything good game. All's the versatility and talent. And that's what they've correctly.

I congratulate and think this game will be released despite severe hardship and trance of confidence and demoralization and will enjoy tremendous success fro their little team, big aspirations.

Anyone who thinks this is foolish can go find their lives. But this game will be happening no bother how much time the guys' will be off, but they can serve double the time they're off.

Thanks and best of luck once again, TAOC team.

:D

KBC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread