Problems with games on widesreen monitors?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Have any of you guys got a widescreen monitor you use for gaming? If so, have you had any problems with the display of games? For example, does the screen 'stretch to fit', making the game look stretched and fat, or does it use the whole screen without distorting the picture in this way?

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
I think most of the games offer wide screen resolution settings so, if you are planning to buy one than go for it. Even if the games do not have native wide-screen resolution, they still look pretty decent while a bit stretched. Like I hardly notice anything ugly or over-stretched while playing Cricket 2007 on my wide-screen lappy.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I don't have any problems with my widescreen monitor. As long as you've set the resolution up correctly there is no problem. Most games these days support widescreen out of the box, and as has been said if not there is almost certainly someone out there who has patched it. Failing that, play it windowed.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Seems like a good choice for the sticker price. I will be buying a flat-panel soon too, perhaps a 24".

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Pah, I got my 22in for £150, I'm sure you can find a cheaper seller than John Lewis. They would probably be the last place I thought about if I were buying PC parts.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I think 22 inch would a bit overkill for my desk, I have a 17 inch TFT (standard aspect ratio), but it is showing signs of packing up, so I have to switch back to my clunky old CRT 17 inch, dammit! Until Christmas, anyway...

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'm only going to be gaming/surfing/watching DVDs, so do I need a monitor with DVI?

Users who are viewing this thread