Quarter Finals Stage

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
There is no way in hell that New Zealand will beat South Africa (watch this bite me in the ass :facepalm). South Africa is just too strong. One feels that it would require an innings of a lifetime from McCullum or Taylor.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes, it will be very surprising if South Africa lose to New Zealand, but you cannot deny that the Kiwis have the potential to surprise any team on their day.
I am really expecting Taylor or McCullum to score a century and some fireworks from Oram yet again.

BTW, is Vettori fit to play?

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
If I think practically, as per team's form is concerned, I will go for below 4 semi-finalists -

PAKISTAN
AUSTRALIA
SOUTH AFRICA
SRI LANKA

Out of these, only 1 is unpredictable i.e. India Vs Australia. If Sachin, Zak, Yuvi, Bhajji, Ashwin together will have a best day, then Australia might lose it. But if Indian batting woes continue in death overs, then it would be very easy for Watson & Co. to reach the target easily.

South Africa will choke but not against New Zealand, they will be out of the tournament in Semi-Final.

Other two will be the easiest QF. West Indies can't beat Pakistan if Gayle and Pollard goes early, even if they got the target of just 200. Sri Lanka will exploit England easily with spin power in Colombo.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I don't understand why people are writing off England so easily and basically calling them no-hopers. They're not. They have enough about them to cause the upset in Colombo. Sri Lanka will be favorites, no doubt, but I have a feeling it will not be a walkover.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
what worries me, as someone who would like sri lanka to be the eventual winners of the tournament, is that while england haven't shown form in any one area they have been adept at staring down the barrell of a gun and still going on.

I have a feeling what it may really come down to is, can someone like Mathews put together a partnership with one of the other lower batsmen to set/chase a competitive total? there is no doubt sri lanka's bowling will keep england to decent score but I wouldn't put it past them to dig in and still post something substantial. similarly I don't think sri lanka will utterly dominate their bowling.

They will have to play well to ensure that their overall superiority shines through because england will definitely not allow them to have it all their own way.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
An unexpected World Cup can throw up unexpected winners. West Indies, India, New Zealand and England the least fancied teams in their respective QFs can make quite an impact on their day.

As an India, I'd like to see us go through. I also pray that Ricky Ponting does not strike form in the big match :noway

6ry4nj

International Coach
My predictions would be something like,

Pakistan v West Indies
Australia v India
New Zealand v South Africa
Sri Lanka v England

India v Pakistan
New Zealand v Sri Lanka

India v Sri Lanka

:lol My fanciful (re England) predictions would be something like,

Pakistan v West Indies
Australia v India
Sri Lanka v England

India v Pakistan
South Africa v England

Pakistan v England

For what wishful thinking is worth...;)

----------

I don't understand why people are writing off England so easily and basically calling them no-hopers. They're not. They have enough about them to cause the upset in Colombo. Sri Lanka will be favorites, no doubt, but I have a feeling it will not be a walkover.

England certainly won't win it easily, and they certainly might win it! If they don't win, however, a walkover is quite likely.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I feel England will trounce the Lankan Lions. Not sure about their chances in the tournament thereafter. My gut feeling says that we are going to have a lot many surprises in the QF stage- New Zealand, England, West Indies and India.

playkid12

Club Captain

Sri Lanka are too good at home. Chances are very high for them winning.

STLIndian

Club Cricketer
The ICC is retarded. The winner of SL/ENG will only get 2 days rest b/w the QFs and SFs, while Pakistan will get a week of rest. Why not make the PAK/AUS/IND semifinal the first one? :facepalm

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Cannot do it now. Logistical nightmare. Plus, the ICC has never been known for scheduling fixtures efficiently.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My predictions would be something like,

Pakistan v West Indies
Australia v India
Sri Lanka v England

India v Pakistan
New Zealand v Sri Lanka

India v Sri Lanka
I have been spot on with the predictions thus far!

There is no way in hell that New Zealand will beat South Africa (watch this bite me in the ass :facepalm). South Africa is just too strong. One feels that it would require an innings of a lifetime from McCullum or Taylor.
:D

Users who are viewing this thread