Question re test whites - automatic adding of team badges

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Whwn you play a test , as australia, for example, a badges and patchrtim., in skinjobs, is automatically added to the kit, is their any way of disabling this from the game, if this could be done much better test kit could be produced, one set for each country, altering the badges does not replicate well in gameplay and is very difficult to get right, eg. the logo,sponsor, on the non-badge side of the batsmens chest must be modelled just above the badge on the left hand side of the chest, this is very hard to achive well with the badge in the way, i am sure that stopping automatic adding of the badge will greatly improve test kit, Siskue alluded to this problem when he designed his test whites, i wonder if this can be done?
regards,paul

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
I have managed to remove the automatic adding of badges to test kit, also patch r is removed, this will greatly improve the modelling of test kit, the badge and helmet colour is still the same, ie. it is automatically set, i am not sure at the minute how i did this!, i will retrace my steps, so to speak, and post details if anyone wants to know, i think now test kit will be able to be modelled very nicely
regards,paul

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
You also have to ammend the text files, in skin badges for example. or else an error message appears on loading the game, the cpu continues to look for things that are not there, this i have done and it is looking promising
regards,paul

SCHUMY

Club Cricketer
Paul .........i got ur short leg tim files......the screens which u gave have whites in which i saw u havw correct baldges for the teams can u explaim which tim ffle did u alter to get that ...........:)coz i alter the main balges files nothing happen ......can u tell which one

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Sisku, by badges do you mean the team badge or sponsor logo?, on my test kits i have now totally removed the team badges that were automatically put on in gameplay, this has allowed mw e to desigh new whites for each country.
to remove the "automatic badges"
1.in skin badges folder open the badges text file, delete the teams you want to edit ie. nz + aus, then open the list file and do the same
2. go to skin jobs folder, delete the tims, patchl and patchr
3. open each country folder. ie, aus/lskin, then delete the badge and badge bat tims.
4. start a game, test match, both batsmen and fielders and keeper, should have no badge on their shirt

Now a seperate set of kit for each nation can be made, you design your own team badge.
Before, modelling of test kit eas hindered by the team badge.

Also, i have a screenshot that i wonder if you could model to a tim., shall i send details for you?

Did you manage to se the short leg "helmet" in gameplay?

regards,paul

J

jonah

Paul,
Does this mean we may be able to put sponsors logos etc on each countries test whites? i.e. have a different test kit for each country? If so , that would be good.

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Yes, i have done this for 3 teams so far, say aus v nz, you will have a folder for australia bowling containig fielding kit, keeper kit and kiwi batting kit and a folder for nz bowling will have their keeper and fielder and aussie batting kit. I did thid sometime ago, the problem has always been the automatic badge addition, it hampers realistic kit modelling, now the kit will look much better. The vertex groups are different for filing team and batting kit, this affects how the logos are modelled, now it will be much easier. I have a screenshot of the differing nations kit in action if you want to view.
regards,paul

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
I have made 2 sets of new test match kit, australia and newzealand, this includes whites, caps and equipment for both teams when they bat and bowl, they look ok, i feel a better kit maker, Siskue?, would be able to improve on these, anyone wanting to recieve the files let me know the files are 1.60 1nd 1.59 mb each, not sure how long these will take to send, any ideas?
regards,paul

SCHUMY

Club Cricketer
WOw!! :o thats great Paul
i would love to recieve the file from u to [email protected]
and can u put a read me file in which u could explain a bit more and how to make diff test kit diff teams

thankz for the short leg fielder tim file
and i can see them when i play great work again
thankz paul(and after looking the screens u send to me with it i thing u r the best kit maker than everyone) ;) :D

J

jonah

Paul,
What kits did you edit, after making the changes you mentioned a few posts ago? I presume it was in the 'Whites' folder, but was it Ssshcap or Ssshflop in each folder (batsmen, keeper, fielder).

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Jonah, the kits are edited in ssshflop etc., but i have also altered files, text, in skinbadges and skinjobs, i am not sure how i should send the files, it is not just a case of me sending the tims and people installing them, you must also edit a number of text files in blc and delete a number of tims from your folders, i think it is best if i zip up the relevant tims and write a sort of "tutorial", ha ha!, i will attempt to do this and post the set to those who have requested the kits.
regards,paul

Users who are viewing this thread