Rate cricket c004

• Total voters
S

sachin

the best attacking shot on hard is (only fast bowlers)the advance option.very hard to do but very affective.bowling is very easy on hard but batting i find most times hard.even when your confidence is up you can get bowled quite easily(hard).

V

Voltage

After playing numerous sports games over the years, I have to honestly say that the entire cricket series by EA has not received the same attention that some of its other productions have, such as the Madden, NHL and Fifa series. Before some folks get on my back, yes...I realize that cricket is a very different game than ice hockey, american football and football but I ask you this, exactly how alike are ice hockey and football. The point I'm trying to make is, no matter what the difference, if the resources are put into a particular production then more often than not something good and worthwhile is the end result. The only reason this game is the "best" cricket game is because its the only recent cricket game out there.

I've played the NHL and Madden series (both produced by EA) since 1993 and with each passing year I have seen many improvements in those games, be it the graphics, the gameplay or other things and if the NHL, Madden or the Fifa series were to be released with the same production value as Cricket 2004, then people in canada and the states would be very pissed off. So, my point being...if those series are able to make constant leaps then why can't the cricket series enjoy the same kind of attention to detail.

Now don't get me wrong, I do enjoy playing cricket 2004 but only because its the only up to date cricket game that's out there. Is it an improvement on Cricket 2002? I'd say, "Yeah! Sure it is." But I'd also say that the blasted thing needs a lot of polish. Aesthetically speaking, Cricket 2004 is far from being "eye candy" and the environments could do with a lot more life, colour and detail. If there is a positive thing about this game it would be the gameplay...overall its quite intuitive and provides the gamer with sufficient amount of challenge and prolongs the games shelf life...Alas! The gameplay also suffers with some glitches that take away from the enjoyment of the game, the running between the wickets is horrible and the fielding mechanics are equally atrocious and the AI could do well with some tinkering around, in other words...it needs a modest amount of improving.

All in all, EA should think better of its cricket fans and give them a better product....a far better product.

Readers Discretion.
This is an opinion of a single individual and in no way does it reflect the opinions of the majority on this board. Also...no animals were harmed during the writing of this opinion.

P

playjls

its a cricket game so it almost has to be goos(Alimost being to key word)

V

Voltage

Originally posted by playjls@Jan 7 2004, 07:47 PM
I cant be botherd to read that.
Now that's funny! Three paragraphs, and you "can't be bothered to read that." I wonder if you've ever managed to finish a book. Hehe...jokes aside, I guess certain people might be all to keen on reading monosyllabic answers, instead of a well thought opinion.....Meh! To each his own...I guess.

S

SteveG

The game has/had potential to be the best EA have ever released, but complete lack of testing has produced a sub-standard effort.

Users who are viewing this thread