Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

jazz

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well a good thing about sites being sold out means that cricket games are still being sold and there is a still big interest in it, which is encouraging to see. Obviously everyone is probably getting it because of the ashes series

Vitch

School Cricketer
Not much BL07, I did use EA07 with lots of patches off here though.

If the great and the good can fix the little niggles with this it could be a cracker!

pingusten

Club Cricketer
Not sure where you got that link from, when I checked Amazon it was listed at ?17.96, being sold by Amazon themselves.

A company called 'Gzoop' appear to be the nutters asking for ?46.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Not much BL07, I did use EA07 with lots of patches off here though.

If the great and the good can fix the little niggles with this it could be a cracker!

You'll be aware of how much Ckt 07 was improved then? Out of the box, it was an unplayable mess! Ashes 2009 certainly isn't unplayable, so I very much look forwards to what the guys here can come up with.

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Well a good thing about sites being sold out means that cricket games are still being sold and there is a still big interest in it, which is encouraging to see. Obviously everyone is probably getting it because of the ashes series

That is sort of why Im so surprised as to why the cricket gaming industry is so far behind the rest of the sport-gaming world. I know someone mentioned theres a lot of piracy in India so that screws up the sales but still, theres probably over a billion cricketing fans across the world, way more than NFL, NBA, MLB etc...the cricket gaming market SHOULD be able to compete with them and we SHOULD have the support those games have.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Surely there are more countries interested in cricket than baseball...

I can list:

England,
Australia,
Pakistan,
Bangladesh,
India,
New Zealand,
South Africa,
Zimbabwe
Sri Lanka

as well as all the improving sides such as Kenya, Holland and so on. Hell, even the USA have a team!

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Surely there are more countries interested in cricket than baseball...

I can list:

England,
Australia,
Pakistan,
Bangladesh,
India,
New Zealand,
South Africa,
Zimbabwe
Sri Lanka

as well as all the improving sides such as Kenya, Holland and so on. Hell, even the USA have a team!

Exactly....why are cricketing fans always treated as a bunch of twats? The amount of revenue companies can make with cricket games compared to the games I listed above is staggering....our games should be the FRONTRUNNERS along with football. There really is no need for companies like EA (for instance) to keep bringing out lame / cosmetically enhanced cricket games. They could really make a killing if they just invested in cricket as a gaming industry. The technology is available worldwide, I doubt the american games are big simply because they have money. I think we need to get Japan hooked on cricket, then we will see some insanely awesome cricket games haha Those dudes are fanatical about the games they make!

Last edited:

sam1013

School Cricketer
107/1 at lunch day 1

Much better pacing than my last effort when the AI got 187 all out off 15 overs

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
So do I.

I could live with everything BUT the Test Match AI batting.

And the AI's run outs? Or does that seem much better to you; I've heard that although there are less runouts in the full game, the AI often doesn't make one run, when there are three on offer! :doh The fact that the AI often ran threes was one of the things I loved about the demo.

How are you finding the ODIs and online, Vitch?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Simbazz, could you post some scorecards from some of your PC test matches?

I would but I've got it on Xbox, fella.

If you let me finish this 3rd test, I'll do a whole bit on the 4th test at Headingly? I'll take some piccies on my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread