Round 3: Toronto Tanks v Manchester Divided @ Neutral (13.11.09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ooh, I think we gave them 20 runs too many there. I didn't do particularly well myself.

But Syd Barnes - what a legend! Epic stuff!

This is a very chaseable score, as long as someone sees the innings through, and the lower order weighs in.

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Wow, I bowled all of... an over :p

And I'm hoping I don't have to contribute anything more to this match!

wolf

International Cricketer
I don't think you will find anyone from our team complaining as he he saved our innings but why was 20/20 pro playing instead of me?

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
They probably shouldn't have scored as many runs as they did, still, we should get this with a good start.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
There is this thing in his area, the net gets cut after 10 PM. Guess he took to long to post up the second innings last night, and now we're waiting for him to post it after he gets back from Uni :p

KBC

Panel of Selectors
0.1 Imran Khan to Covvy, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
0.2 Imran Khan to Covvy, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)
0.3 Imran Khan to KBC, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
0.4 Imran Khan to Covvy, Uppercut over the slip fielders and away for four! Cheeky shot! (4)
0.5 Imran Khan to Covvy, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
0.6 Imran Khan to Covvy, Edged and over the slip fielder! Two runs while third man tidies up. (2)

End of over 1
Manchester Divided 8/0 (RR : 8) Required RR(6.95)
Covvy 7 (5b)
KBC 1 (1b)
Imran Khan 1-0-8-0

1.1 Ian Botham to KBC, That's a single. (1)
1.2 Ian Botham to Covvy, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
1.3 Ian Botham to Covvy, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
1.4 Ian Botham to Covvy, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
1.5 Ian Botham to Covvy, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! There is a fielder after it...he's runs hard...and takes the catch! Well done sir!

Covvy c Brendon Hedger b Ian Botham
Runs : 7 Balls : 9 S/R : 77.78

(0)

1.6 Ian Botham to Viv Richards, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)

End of over 2
Manchester Divided 11/1 (RR : 5.5) Required RR(7.17)
Viv Richards 2 (1b)
KBC 2 (2b)
Ian Botham 1-0-3-0

2.1 Imran Khan to KBC, Oooh! Good ball, yorker length delivery on the legstump. The batsman just barely gets his bat down on time, and the non striker urges him through for a quick single. (1)
2.2 Imran Khan to Viv Richards, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)
2.3 Imran Khan to Viv Richards, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
2.4 Imran Khan to KBC, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
2.5 Imran Khan to KBC, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
2.6 Imran Khan to KBC, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)

End of over 3
Manchester Divided 17/1 (RR : 5.67) Required RR(7.24)
KBC 5 (6b)
Viv Richards 5 (3b)
Imran Khan 2-0-14-0

3.1 Ian Botham to Viv Richards, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
3.2 Ian Botham to Viv Richards, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
3.3 Ian Botham to Viv Richards, They run the first hard, they come for two, the fielder has the ball, they call for the third...will they get there!?! The throw is in, it's wide, the batsman dives...and he's in! Excellent running, and poor fielding! (3)
3.4 Ian Botham to KBC, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
3.5 Ian Botham to Viv Richards, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
3.6 Ian Botham to Viv Richards, Gorgeous square drive, placed perfectly past point. There isn't a lot of power in the shot though, and third man cuts it off while the batsmen run hard for three. (3)

End of over 4
Manchester Divided 28/1 (RR : 7) Required RR(7)
KBC 6 (7b)
Viv Richards 15 (8b)
Ian Botham 2-0-14-0

4.1 Imran Khan to Viv Richards, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
4.2 Imran Khan to Viv Richards, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
4.3 Imran Khan to Viv Richards, , No Ball. Short ball, worked off the hips for a single (1)
4.3 Imran Khan to KBC, Bah, I've seen better fielding by armless seniors in wheelchairs while blindfolded! Terrible effort, the batsmen laugh as they make the third run. (3)
4.4 Imran Khan to Viv Richards, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
4.5 Imran Khan to KBC, He's caught it, no he's dropped it, he's caught it, he's juggling it, and he's taken it! Finally, bet he had his heart in his mouth for a moment there!

KBC c Brendon Hedger b Imran Khan
Runs : 9 Balls : 9 S/R : 100

(0)

4.6 Imran Khan to Amiya, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)

End of over 5
Manchester Divided 37/2 (RR : 7.4) Required RR(6.87)
Viv Richards 19 (12b)
Amiya 1 (1b)
Imran Khan 3-0-23-1

5.1 Ian Botham to Amiya, It's fancy dress competition time, and the winner is the lady dressed as a man who's dressed as a sheep! Well done Sir, uh I mean Ma'am, no Sir, no...ah forget it. In the meanwhile, the batsmen run three! Good running. (3)
5.2 Ian Botham to Viv Richards, Down the track, and BOOM! Six Runs! Great batting! (6)
5.3 Ian Botham to Viv Richards, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
5.4 Ian Botham to Viv Richards, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
5.5 Ian Botham to Amiya, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
5.6 Ian Botham to Amiya, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)

End of over 6
Manchester Divided 52/2 (RR : 8.67) Required RR(6.29)
Viv Richards 28 (15b)
Amiya 7 (4b)
Ian Botham 3-0-29-0

6.1 Clarrie Grimmet to Amiya, Beautiful shot! Down the ground, easy four for the batsman. (4)
6.2 Clarrie Grimmet to Amiya, He didn't middle that, but there is enough power on it to get the batsmen three. (3)
6.3 Clarrie Grimmet to Viv Richards, The batsman has a wild slog, and gets enough to send the ball to the fence for four! Not the best looking shot, but it certainly was effective. (4)
6.4 Clarrie Grimmet to Viv Richards, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
6.5 Clarrie Grimmet to Amiya, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
6.6 Clarrie Grimmet to Amiya, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)

End of over 7
Manchester Divided 65/2 (RR : 9.29) Required RR(5.77)
Viv Richards 33 (17b)
Amiya 15 (8b)
Clarrie Grimmet 1-0-13-0

7.1 Insomniac to Amiya, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
7.2 Insomniac to Viv Richards, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
7.3 Insomniac to Viv Richards, That was a very good delivery. (0)
7.4 Insomniac to Viv Richards, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
7.5 Insomniac to Viv Richards, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
7.6 Insomniac to Viv Richards, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)

End of over 8
Manchester Divided 70/2 (RR : 8.75) Required RR(5.83)
Viv Richards 37 (22b)
Amiya 16 (9b)
Insomniac 1-0-5-0

8.1 Clarrie Grimmet to Amiya, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
8.2 Clarrie Grimmet to Amiya, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
8.3 Clarrie Grimmet to Amiya, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
8.4 Clarrie Grimmet to Amiya, Good running, two runs. (2)
8.5 Clarrie Grimmet to Amiya, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
8.6 Clarrie Grimmet to Viv Richards, , No Ball. BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
8.6 Clarrie Grimmet to Viv Richards, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)

End of over 9
Manchester Divided 81/2 (RR : 9) Required RR(5.36)
Amiya 23 (14b)
Viv Richards 40 (24b)
Clarrie Grimmet 2-0-24-0

9.1 Insomniac to Viv Richards, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
9.2 Insomniac to Viv Richards, Ahhh that's poor fielding. The batsman taps it away for a single, and the fielder fires in an over-eager throw well wide of the stumps. No one is backing up and some the batsmen run two more! The captain isn't happy! (3)
9.3 Insomniac to Amiya, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
9.4 Insomniac to Amiya, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
9.5 Insomniac to Viv Richards, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
9.6 Insomniac to Viv Richards, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)

End of over 10
Manchester Divided 91/2 (RR : 9.1) Required RR(4.9)
Viv Richards 49 (28b)
Amiya 24 (16b)
Insomniac 2-0-15-0

10.1 Brendon Hedger to Amiya, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
10.2 Brendon Hedger to Amiya, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
10.3 Brendon Hedger to Amiya, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
10.4 Brendon Hedger to Amiya, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
10.5 Brendon Hedger to Amiya, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)
10.6 Brendon Hedger to Amiya, Short and pulled away for a single (1)

End of over 11
Manchester Divided 100/2 (RR : 9.09) Required RR(4.44)
Viv Richards 49 (28b)
Amiya 33 (22b)
Brendon Hedger 1-0-9-0

11.1 Clarrie Grimmet to Amiya, Text-book cover drive, four more. (4)
11.2 Clarrie Grimmet to Amiya, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
11.3 Clarrie Grimmet to Amiya, And that's a slower ball gone horribly wrong. Sits up and begs to be smacked for four, which it promptly is. (4)
11.4 Clarrie Grimmet to Amiya, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
11.5 Clarrie Grimmet to Viv Richards, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
11.6 Clarrie Grimmet to Viv Richards, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)

End of over 12
Manchester Divided 113/2 (RR : 9.42) Required RR(3.38)
Viv Richards 53 (30b)
Amiya 42 (26b)
Clarrie Grimmet 3-0-37-0

12.1 Brendon Hedger to Amiya, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
12.2 Brendon Hedger to Viv Richards, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
12.3 Brendon Hedger to Viv Richards, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
12.4 Brendon Hedger to Viv Richards, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
12.5 Brendon Hedger to Amiya, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
12.6 Brendon Hedger to Amiya, One more to the total. (1)

End of over 13
Manchester Divided 118/2 (RR : 9.08) Required RR(3.14)
Viv Richards 56 (33b)
Amiya 44 (29b)
Brendon Hedger 2-0-14-0

13.1 WestIndian to Amiya, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
13.2 WestIndian to Amiya, Great stop! Saved a run there he did! (3)
13.3 WestIndian to Viv Richards, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
13.4 WestIndian to Viv Richards, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
13.5 WestIndian to Viv Richards, That was a very good delivery. (0)
13.6 WestIndian to Viv Richards, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)

End of over 14
Manchester Divided 122/2 (RR : 8.71) Required RR(3)
Amiya 47 (31b)
Viv Richards 57 (37b)
WestIndian 1-0-4-0

14.1 Brendon Hedger to Viv Richards, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
14.2 Brendon Hedger to Viv Richards, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
14.3 Brendon Hedger to Viv Richards, Down the track, driven to the deep. Two more. (2)
14.4 Brendon Hedger to Viv Richards, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
14.5 Brendon Hedger to Viv Richards, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
14.6 Brendon Hedger to Viv Richards, Tucked away to the leg side, they're running hard, but only manage a single. (1)

End of over 15
Manchester Divided 125/2 (RR : 8.33) Required RR(3)
Amiya 47 (31b)
Viv Richards 60 (43b)
Brendon Hedger 3-0-17-0

15.1 Clarrie Grimmet to Viv Richards, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
15.2 Clarrie Grimmet to Viv Richards, Short ball, pulled away for four! (4)
15.3 Clarrie Grimmet to Viv Richards, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
15.4 Clarrie Grimmet to Amiya, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
15.5 Clarrie Grimmet to Viv Richards, Oh boy what a catch that was! Incredible reflexes, he caught it one handed diving to his left, the batsman can't believe it!

Viv Richards c & b Clarrie Grimmet
Runs : 65 Balls : 47 S/R : 138.3

(0)
15.6 Clarrie Grimmet to 07harrisb, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)

End of over 16
Manchester Divided 131/3 (RR : 8.19) Required RR(2.25)
07harrisb 0 (1b)
Amiya 48 (32b)
Clarrie Grimmet 4-0-43-1

16.1 WestIndian to Amiya, Driven beautifully into the gap. A sprawling effort in the deep keeps it down to three. (3)
16.2 WestIndian to 07harrisb, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)
16.3 WestIndian to 07harrisb, Slog-sweep time! He completely misses it though, and is rapped on the pads. The bowler is appealing...and yup, he's got to go! Tough luck kid, maybe you'll get it next time!

07harrisb lbw WestIndian
Runs : 4 Balls : 3 S/R : 133.3

(0)

16.4 WestIndian to Don Tallon, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)

The final scorecard for second innings was :
Score: 142
Wickets : 4
Overs : 16.4

Code:
Manchester Divided vs. Toronto Tanks

Toronto Tanks Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Holdenator                         c KBC b Dr. Pepper   20   11   4   0  181.8
mattfb                              lbw Sydney Barnes    3    4   0   0     75
Insomniac                     c Covvy b Sydney Barnes    4    5   0   0     80
Bilal91                   c 07harrisb b Sydney Barnes    1    2   0   0     50
Imran Khan                            b Sydney Barnes    2    7   0   0  28.57
Ian Botham                               b Dr. Pepper    0    2   0   0      0
Hitterman                             b Sydney Barnes   33   32   2   0  103.1
20/20 Pro                            c & b Zorax Doom   61   41   8   0  148.8
WestIndian                               b Dr. Pepper    2    6   0   0  33.33
Brendon Hedger                                not out    2    4   0   0     50
Clarrie Grimmet                               not out    4    2   1   0    200

Total: 140                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 7

Extras : 8    No Balls : 0       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 3        Byes : 5

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester Divided Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
07harrisb                            4.0           0      30           0    7.5
The Spin                             1.0           0       8           0      8
Zorax Doom                           4.0           0      39           1   9.75
Sydney Barnes                        3.4           0      14           5   3.82
Dr. Pepper                           3.5           0      28           3    7.3
Arslaan Khalid                       2.5           0      13           0   4.59

Total: 140                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 7

Extras : 8    No Balls : 0       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 3        Byes : 5

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester Divided Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Covvy                   c Brendon Hedger b Ian Botham    7    9   1   0  77.78
KBC                     c Brendon Hedger b Imran Khan    9    9   0   0    100
Viv Richards                    c & b Clarrie Grimmet   65   47   4   1  138.3
Amiya                                         not out   51   33   4   0  154.5
07harrisb                              lbw WestIndian    4    3   1   0  133.3
Don Tallon                                    not out    4    1   1   0    400
The Spin                                          dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Zorax Doom                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Sydney Barnes                                     dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Dr. Pepper                                        dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Arslaan Khalid                                    dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 142                       Overs: 16.4                    Run Rate: 8.875

Extras : 2    No Balls : 2       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Toronto Tanks Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Insomniac                            2.0           0      15           0    7.5
Imran Khan                           3.0           0      23           1   7.67
Ian Botham                           3.0           0      29           0   9.67
WestIndian                           1.4           0      15           1      9
Brendon Hedger                       3.0           0      17           0   5.67
Clarrie Grimmet                      4.0           0      43           1  10.75

Total: 142                       Overs: 16.4                    Run Rate: 8.875

Extras : 2    No Balls : 2       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Manchester Divided vs. Toronto Tanks

Toronto Tanks - 140/9 in 20.0 overs. 
Manchester Divided - 142/4 in 16.4 overs. 

Manchester Divided wins the match by 6 wickets

Man of the Match: Sydney Barnes.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
I think we are being ripped off by the sim. We have lost all 3 games comfortably.. it isn't physically possible.

harrisb

International Coach
great game guys, poor performance from myself, but, 3 from 3 is superb

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Proving last year was a blip, MD are back to their best!

Just have to keep this start going now boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread