India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Sodium credit me for the 2015 or 16 fixture graphics I made.

*JK :p.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hopefully RCB will finally win it this year. The lack of great local bowlers is the biggest weakness. Only Chahal is there.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
The most power packed batting lineup is all set to fire again. We have had enough of the likes of Aaron, Nechim, Tokas etc.. The main concern for RCB is the bowling unit. We did have a decent bowling unit in the previous season. To win the trophy is something that was not possible for RCB on 3 different occasions and against 3 different teams.

We have the most awaited IPL auction scheduled to take place tomorrow. Though Virat had hinted about getting Ben Stokes in RCB, it won't be the case in my opinion. Because, all the English and Proteas players will most probably be called back to national camp in the second half of the league. There is a big speculation that RCB might go for Ishant Sharma and Jaydev Unadkat as their front line bowlers and Matthews or Perera as the all-rounder. Mitchell Starc has a backup bowler in Adam Milne and we have a strong spin bowling unit with Chahal, Badree, Abdullah and Shamsi. Jason Roy might be picked as the opener with Gayle so that Virat can bat at his regular position at no.3 followed by De Villiers and KL Rahul. The finisher part can be played by young champ Sarfaraz Khan and to some extent Shane Watson.

It remains to be seen that whom the management opt for to bring balance in the lineup. Bowlers are the main priority for RCB in the auction.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Jason Roy might be picked as the opener with Gayle
That'd be superfluous, unless Gayle is benched, which is quite likely, given his recent form.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Mitchell Johnson or Kagiso Rabada are also the other suitable options for RCB.
Johnson is not a match winner anymore, Rabada would leave midway through the tournament. Mills is perfect.

B

Bigby Wolf

If South Africans and English Players (ABD and if they are eyeing stokes) are leaving midway then they should also look for an Hitter/finisher at the lower order ,there too much inexperience at bottom - Sachin Baby and Binny .Maybe Kedar Jadhav can play that role alongside Sarfarz Khan.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I think RCB bough Negi as replacement for Iqbal Abdulla even though he is in the team. We should look for bowlers. Mills is good. But would love to see Johnson and Kohli in the same team.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
:bat:Kohli
:bat:Gayle / Head
:bat:ABD
:wkb:Rahul
:ar:Watto
:bat:Jadhav
:ar:Binny
:bwl:Chahal
:bwl:Aravind
:bwl:Mills
:bwl:-- need one more quality indian player

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Auction seemed quite interesting and I think they have got a great bunch of players in Negi, Mills, Chaudhary, Dubey and Stanlake.

• Negi is surely picked for his ability with both bat and ball (left arm) and I'm sure he'll perform much better considering the fact that there are lots of mentors in Virat, AB, Gayle etc.. to help him work with his bat (who had also helped Rahul last season and see where he is now) and Daniel Vettori himself to help him with the bowl. He has some fantastic world-class bowlers in Samuel Badree and Shamsi to get help from.
  • Tymal Mills was bought at very high price but I'm sure he'll do great in death overs, he is a perfect replacement to Mitch Starc.
  • Chaudhary is a player with whom Indian players are practicing in nets in order to get help to face Starc in the upcoming series against Australia. He is clearly the guy purchased on influence and recommendation of Kohli and let me remind all of you that Kohli respects quality bowlers like Amir which he himself expressed during the T20 WC last year. He has faced Aniket in the nets and he has seen something special from him. Another [HASHTAG]#bold[/HASHTAG] talent emerges in the camp.
  • Dubey, an allounder who was part of RCB in the previous season but was released this year. I still don't know why he is picked ahead of likes of Irfan Pathan. Age might be the key note that the management noticed I guess. [HASHTAG]#BenchWarmer[/HASHTAG]
  • Stanlake won't get a single game unless all the top bowlers like Mills, Milne are injured. [HASHTAG]#BenchWarmer[/HASHTAG].
I think we have a complete squad this time around with equal balance among spin and seam department. It was the main concern in the last edition for RCB. While we might lose AB mid-way through the league, we have a replacement for him too, Travis Head. Though he can't play the way AB does, but he can atleast play that finisher's role alongside Kedar Jadav. Bowling looks damn dangerous with the likes of Mills, Patel, Chaudhary, Milne, and local star Aravind (has the best strike rate). Spinners are also great ones this time with Badree coming back to the side after he missed the whole season last year. Economical bowler Chahal and Shamsi. Haven't seen much of Avesh Khan though.

Here is the complete list of players in RCB camp that play this season:
Batsmen
WK Btasmen
Allrounders (Seam +Spin)
Bowlers (Spinners)
Bowlers (Seamers)

:ind::bat:Virat Kohli
:wi::bat:Chris Gayle
:saf::bat:AB De Villiers
:ind::bat:Kedar Jadav
:ind::bat:Mandeep Singh
:ind::bat:Sachin Baby
:ind::bat:Sarfaraz Khan

:ind::wkb:KL Rahul
:aus::wkb:Travis Head

:aus::ar:Shane Watson
:ind::ar:Stuart Binny
:ind::ar:Pawan Negi
:ind::ar:Praveen Dubey

:saf::bwl:Tabraiz Shamsi
:wi::bwl:Samuel Badree
:ind::bwl:Yuzvender Chahal
:ind::bwl:Iqbal Abdullah

:ind::bwl:Srinath Aravind
:ind::bwl:Avesh Khan
:ind::bwl:Harshal Patel
:ind::bwl:Aniket Chaudhary
:eng::bwl:Tymal Mills
:nz::bwl:Adam Milne
:aus::bwl:Billy Stanlake

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think Badree and Mills should both play. Watson should be benched. Jadhav can be the sixth bowler.

My XI

Gayle
Kohli
AB
Rahul
Jadhav
Sarfraz
Binny / Negi
Aravind
Chahal
Badree
Mills