RUGBY Rugby 20

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Anybody played the 3rd beta yet , is it any good ?

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Doesn't look like it flows very well, looks very rigid from when I saw the video a few weeks ago. It sucks that it seems so difficult to get a good Rugby game these days.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
What I'd really like is all the good parts of Rugby 20 plus all the good parts of Rugby Challenge 4 in one game. Of course.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
What I'd really like is all the good parts of Rugby 20 plus all the good parts of Rugby Challenge 4 in one game. Of course.

no player editor in Rugby 20 is a big miss for me , not even basic name changer is ridiculous

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
no player editor in Rugby 20 is a big miss for me , not even basic name changer is ridiculous

I wouldn't assume there is definitely no editor. I don't think he knows for sure. Here's another video on what's in Rugby 20. There are still some unknowns. We'll find out in less than a week.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
I wouldn't assume there is definitely no editor. I don't think he knows for sure. Here's another video on what's in Rugby 20. There are still some unknowns. We'll find out in less than a week.

Agreed and thanks for the info , I’m really hoping there is one as it would increase longevity and Southern Hemisphere teams could be updated...

TomW777

Club Captain
I gather that this means we'll be able to build an England team, for example, by recruiting existing players from clubs that are in the game.

It's not a Big Ant style create-your-own-player mode.
Yeah prima facie it looks pretty basic compared to big ant. Better than nothing I guess. But I think you are correct that you can only use pre-existing players in the created teams which would seem to make it impossible to replicate Super Rugby and All Blacks teams etc.

In a perfect world Big Ben would collaborate with Big Ant (as they have done with AO Tennis 2) so they could have access to big ant's creation academy ip which is excellent and big ant has good form at making footy games - their rugby league live 4 game is probably the best rugby or league game this generation.

TomW777

Club Captain
I gather that this means we'll be able to build an England team, for example, by recruiting existing players from clubs that are in the game.
i had kind of forgotten that England wasn't in Rugby 20 since its such a northern centric game. But that would probably be one of the more useful things you can do with this creation thing since the whole England squad would be in the game via the club comps that they have the licences for. I guess you could also construct ABs, Wallabies, Springbok and Argentinian teams out of the former ABs etc playing for northern club teams. It just won't be a current ABs team. However, I would rather play with an ABs team filled with the likes of Piutau, Luatua, Ben Smith than a bunch of fake players. If the game play is any good I can get over most things given I still fairly regularly play Ea Sports Rugby 08 and that has rosters & graphics 12 years out of date.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Review from SimUK:

I'm in two minds about this game. The reviews I've read and watched say the game has good potential, but it's not quite there. So I'm thinking of holding off.

Interestingly, in the comments on this video is this:

upload_2020-1-24_7-50-9.png

Users who are viewing this thread