ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
sohummisra said:
Also given Sehwag's recent exploits, and his desire not to improve, maybe we can look at Ganguly opening..?

yeah, Ganguly shd be tested again to open with Sachin! Already they have record century partnerships ( if i am rite, its 18 i guess that equals Desmond Haynes opening pair)! He deserves a chance and why not Chappel experiment with Ganguly like he did to others?

Only worry, Has Ganguly learnt how to play a short pitched delivery? :p ;) :D

Regarding coach, i really pity him becos many people are angry with him for not making India to play wel!

Gaurav said:
the power of Chapell is going down.

But as i have already said in one of the threads, Players are majorly responsible for not performing well! Did Chappell asked Raina to try taking singles in 45th over ? :p Infact messages from dressing room were kept on coming that day ( against Aussies in CT ) and Raina was seen trying to hit aggressively only after message came! So this doesnt seem like a coach's fault! If I remeber well, Coach sent 8 messages that day ( i heard this from Sanjay Manjrkr ) Coach has guided his level best and its upto the players to perform those actions well which they failed! ;)

Last edited:

T20

Panel of Selectors
Ganguly is better any day than Kaif or Raina in their current form!

gaurav_indian

International Coach
surendar said:
yeah, Ganguly shd be tested again to open with Sachin! Already they have record century partnerships ( if i am rite, its 18 i guess that equals Desmond Haynes opening pair)! He deserves a chance and why not Chappel experiment with Ganguly like he did to others?

Only worry, Has Ganguly learnt how to play a short pitched delivery? :p ;) :D

Regarding coach, i really pity him becos many people are angry with him for not making India to play wel!

But as i have already said in one of the threads, Players are majorly responsible for not performing well! Did Chappell asked Raina to try taking singles in 45th over ? :p Infact messages from dressing room were kept on coming that day ( against Aussies in CT ) and Raina was seen trying to hit aggressively only after message came! So this doesnt seem like a coach's fault! If I remeber well, Coach sent 8 messages that day ( i heard this from Sanjay Manjrkr ) Coach has guided his level best and its upto the players to perform those actions well which they failed! ;)
Then why Dravid isn't able to take his own decisions its Chappell who is giving him instructions.Anyway Chappell time will be over after World Cup bcoz BCCI is not happy with him.And he is likely to be Australia's next coach.It will be interesting to see bcoz he won't get as much power he is getting in India. ;)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
some more good news for ganguly....

Yuvraj Singh might miss the world cup, according to the physio. its going to be touch and go for Yuvraj at the world cup... So it all depends on Ganguly's next few domestic games and the performance of kaif/raina will determine ganguly's comeback into the tests/odi's.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/rsavind/content/story/267026.html

thats a shocking statement from a national selector!!! i luv this raju!!!! awesome!!!!! but i sense people starting to team up against raju for giving such statements. becoz in india, you always have to encourage the player no matter how poorly they are playing.

raju had done it right by asking kaif/raina to pull up their socks or go back to domestic cricket to sort out their problems. also, he has filled up the hopes of saurav and laxman by stating that they might be given a look in... this is sensational stuff.. its going to make kaif and raina on their toes, and also saurav and laxman are going to slog it hard in domestic cricket to stay in with a good chance.

we have got a selector who speaks sense!!!!

cricketmad09

International Coach
Dropping a youngster for an old hack is not the way to go.

But im an Aussie, what do I care?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
cricketmad09 said:
Dropping a youngster for an old hack is not the way to go.

But im an Aussie, what do I care?

dropping a non-performing youngster for someone with experience is not bad after all.

cricketmad09

International Coach
What the point of experience if he isnt gonna score any runs?

According to the results of the poll, either Indians regard him way too highly, or non-indians want him in the team so they do bad.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
saisrini80 said:
Yuvraj Singh might miss the world cup, according to the physio.

really? :eek: There is nothing mentioned of Yuvi in that link?

" If they don't perform in South Africa, they can go back to domestic cricket and sort out their problems."

This is the best statement applicable to all players :)
This is the real big opportuniy for Sourav..Lets see how well Ganguly utilises!

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Shailesh said:
Ganguly is better any day than Kaif or Raina in their current form!
That is correct. Although Raina has shown a few glimpses of promise, Kaif has proved to be nothing but useless. (Harsh words but most suitable)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
cricketmad09 said:
What the point of experience if he isnt gonna score any runs?

According to the results of the poll, either Indians regard him way too highly, or non-indians want him in the team so they do bad.

Are you an astrologer to predict that???? He has been kept out of the team so far because he hasnt scored runs in domestic cricket. Now he has scored a century against North Zone. If he can get a few more knocks like that in the upcoming matches, then he surely stands a very good chance of replacing non performers like Kaif or Raina. And Ganguly will then have experience on his back to stake his claim!

surendar said:
really? :eek: There is nothing mentioned of Yuvi in that link?

This is the best statement applicable to all players :)
This is the real big opportuniy for Sourav..Lets see how well Ganguly utilises!

Sorry. That link was for the information that I gave below concerning Raju and his statements!

m_vaughan said:
That is correct. Although Raina has shown a few glimpses of promise, Kaif has proved to be nothing but useless. (Harsh words but most suitable)

I agree!

But one problem is, with Yuvi doubtful for the World Cup and Kaif/Raina not proving to be useful, would it be wise to bring back Ganguly/Laxman? If thats the case, then either of Kaif or Raina should be retained to keep the fielding department in good spirits. I would go for Kaif simply because he has been a fielding captain in the team and has by far been the best ever Indian fielder in the recent generation! And his recent scores havent been as bad as Raina! So if at all you replace someone, its Raina.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
saisrini80 said:
But one problem is, with Yuvi doubtful for the World Cup and Kaif/Raina not proving to be useful, would it be wise to bring back Ganguly/Laxman?

If Yuvi is not playing the WC its big loss for India to loose an MatchWinner for the big tournament :( Also its very very tough to compensate this loss! Almost impossible tbh! :p

Laxman shd be selected if the pitch favours the ball coming on nicely to bat! But with the Windies conditions we saw last in Ind-Wi series, where the ball wasnt coming onto bat, i really doubt on Laxman's selection into TeamXI!

Ganguly and Kaif will be the bettr option i guess than Ganguly and Raina unless Raina proves to be promising again in SA series! I wud go with Kaif becos of his bettr experience than Raina! Experience really matters in the big tournaments! :)

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Oh how the tides have turned... I believe a few people were saying Raina was the next Tendulkar after he got some scores early on his career.

I would be interested in knowing what Ganguly has averaged in domestic cricket both First Class and List A since being dropped from the Indian team. It can't be much more than 30 can it?

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
puddleduck said:
Oh how the tides have turned... I believe a few people were saying Raina was the next Tendulkar after he got some scores early on his career.

I would be interested in knowing what Ganguly has averaged in domestic cricket both First Class and List A since being dropped from the Indian team. It can't be much more than 30 can it?

Raina,next Sachin... nah :) Infact its very very early stage for Raina to be comapred with other players.. Infact its not even fair to comapare him with yuvraj as Raina is just in the first stage of cricket where he has to n still learning a lots! :)

If Raina or Kaif is going to be dropped (if at all they perform badly in SA series), then Indian team have no options other than bringing Sourav or Laxman in with WC nearing! :p

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Yes I know Suren, comparing him to anyone at such a stage is foolish, but I believe if you go back a few months in the forums you'll find a fair few Indian fans talking him up as the next great Indian batsman, now here he is having had to play some cricket outside the subcontinent and against top class bowling attacks and he is on the verge of being dropped.

Amazing how quickly things change.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Well Well, long time and no visit to this thread for me. :p

Ganguly is a very experienced player. Moreover, Indian fans are getting restless and media is making srveys whether Greg Chappell Be removed or not. and surprisingly, people with yes are ahead.

In my opinion, the Indian team is thristy of experienced players atm.

Users who are viewing this thread