• Total voters

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Kshitiz_Indian said:
Ganguly is a very experienced player. Moreover, Indian fans are getting restless and media is making srveys whether Greg Chappell Be removed or not. and surprisingly, people with yes are ahead.

BCCI Insider reports reveal that Greg will be removed irrespective of the team's performance in West Indies 2007.That is,even if IndiA wins ,we wont see Chappell hanging around.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
iceman_waugh said:
BCCI Insider reports reveal that Greg will be removed irrespective of the team's performance in West Indies 2007.That is,even if IndiA wins ,we wont see Chappell hanging around.

is there a proper reason BCCI provided for that?

In my opinion, the Indian team is thristy of experienced players atm.

lol... Actually Talented players are needed now! Kaif n Raina expected to be Talented..But Raina proved otherway in recent forms ( Though he still posses a lots but those talents in someway had to be triggered out :)) and Kaif i really wonder, if a player is dropped in & out so frequently, expecting him to play consistenetly wud be somewat difficult! Kaif has the ability to play a supportive role though not aggressive role!

If these two fails in SA also, they will be replaced for sure! Also its tough to take a new player to WC directly too, this make the entrance of Sourav/Laxman further more easily! ( if at all Kaif n Raina fail again in SA )

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
but suren , dont u think experience also counts ? i mean, ganguly was known for his superior captaincy, and the spirit he bid in the team, which took it to the final of world cup. I dont think chappell and dravid can even get near super sixes :(

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Kshitiz_Indian said:
but suren , dont u think experience also counts ? i mean, ganguly was known for his superior captaincy, and the spirit he bid in the team, which took it to the final of world cup. I dont think chappell and dravid can even get near super sixes :(

The spirit was not due to Sourav's captaincy, Kshitiz! The Team spirit was triggered due to the several incidents that took place in India after loosing against Aussies in group match!

About experience, ya its also needed... But imagine this, If Kaif and Raina wud have performed well, then there wud have been no room for Sourav also ( I mean not that easy )! Even now from Raju's statements in that link in prev page, If Kaif and Raina fails, there wud be chance of Sourav/Laxman! So even now its not going to be easy unless they ( Kaif/Raina ) fail to perform! :)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Kaif is our future skipper. He is a very consistant style batsman, one of the few grinders (Ala Dravid) and can handle bowler-friendly tracks. He should stay, he has barely played at all!
Raina is in bad form, and carrying him to the WC is not good.
Laxman won't fit into the ODI team. Can't slog (Even Kaif can), needs quick pacy pitches and outfields, and can't pinch quick singles. Is a class act, yes, but in ODIs you don't get 50 balls to settle in. Dada, however, is more suited to OD games due to his power hitting abilities, and his useful seam up. He fielded rather well in the few games before he was dropped too. His one 'amazing' catch was initially a scree up, a misjudgement, but he still managed to hold on. He is aggressive, and keeps the team spirit up. Also not afraid to give it as good as he gets in terms of sledging. How many players in our current lineup can boast that??

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
surendar said:
The spirit was not due to Sourav's captaincy, Kshitiz! The Team spirit was triggered due to the several incidents that took place in India after loosing against Aussies in group match!

About experience, ya its also needed... But imagine this, If Kaif and Raina wud have performed well, then there wud have been no room for Sourav also ( I mean not that easy )! Even now from Raju's statements in that link in prev page, If Kaif and Raina fails, there wud be chance of Sourav/Laxman! So even now its not going to be easy unless they ( Kaif/Raina ) fail to perform! :)

Saurav's captaincy was one of the main reasons. The aggressive leadership in Saurav was largely instrumental in India turning the tables around in that famous 2003 World Cup!

ZoraxDoom said:
Kaif is our future skipper. He is a very consistant style batsman, one of the few grinders (Ala Dravid) and can handle bowler-friendly tracks. He should stay, he has barely played at all!
Raina is in bad form, and carrying him to the WC is not good.
Laxman won't fit into the ODI team. Can't slog (Even Kaif can), needs quick pacy pitches and outfields, and can't pinch quick singles. Is a class act, yes, but in ODIs you don't get 50 balls to settle in. Dada, however, is more suited to OD games due to his power hitting abilities, and his useful seam up. He fielded rather well in the few games before he was dropped too. His one 'amazing' catch was initially a scree up, a misjudgement, but he still managed to hold on. He is aggressive, and keeps the team spirit up. Also not afraid to give it as good as he gets in terms of sledging. How many players in our current lineup can boast that??

I too feel Kaif should be retained. He did well in the ODI's in West Indies and hasnt played much like Raina. This should ideally be Raina's last chance. If he fails, its pack up time for him, and comeback time for Dada! Laxman is not needed! Dada is needed! He can be a useful bowler too as you said!

Kshitiz_Indian said:

In fact, if Dravid continues his current show in South Africa, I would say the board should consider his captaincy seriously and look to hand it over to either Sachin or bring back Saurav and reinstate him as captain! The team just doesnt have the aggression required to challenge the strongest of teams! We look too soft these days!

LA ICE-E

Club Cricketer
Ganguly should be back ... he's the best captain for the world cup... Dravid is a good player but sucks as captain

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
saisrini80 said:
Saurav's captaincy was one of the main reasons. The aggressive leadership in Saurav was largely instrumental in India turning the tables around in that famous 2003 World Cup!

Definately

saisrini80 said:
In fact, if Dravid continues his current show in South Africa, I would say the board should consider his captaincy seriously and look to hand it over to either Sachin or bring back Saurav and reinstate him as captain! The team just doesnt have the aggression required to challenge the strongest of teams! We look too soft these days!

Well i first thought that the management would go in for two captains like
Dravid - ODI
Ganguly-Test

It has been well said that Dravid was the world's best vice-captain.
Sadly,he has got a team that is not capable of giving returns when needed.
It is high time that the management thinks into the appointment him as a captain and Chappell as coach.

Sai is right in saying that we lack the aggression.
Bangladesh v India would be a nice series i belive.

This being Raina's last chance i think Sourav will definately come back for the world cup or he should.
And come on,he's been a FORMER CAPTAIN,you can't just throw him away just like that,can you ?

ZoraxDoom said:
Laxman won't fit into the ODI team. Can't slog (Even Kaif can), needs quick pacy pitches and outfields, and can't pinch quick singles. Is a class act, yes, but in ODIs you don't get 50 balls to settle in

I think Laxman should also be given a look-in.
In the West Indies,you need batsmen capable of playing on slow tracks.
He has a chance but i doubt he'll make it.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Probably considering the form of our batsmen are shot, VVS would be perfect. He and Dravid would score 120 runs out of our total of 200 :rolleyes: We should be playing:

Sachin
Jaffer (Just tell him it's a test match, he'll do fine)
VVS
Kaif
Dravid (For crises and quick runs towards the end)
Yuvi
Karthik (+)
Dhoni
Bhajji
Kumble
Zaheer
Munaf

Sachin and Dhoni as fifth bowler. Maybe a bit of Yuvi too.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
ZoraxDoom said:
Sachin
Jaffer (Just tell him it's a test match, he'll do fine)
VVS
Kaif
Dravid (For crises and quick runs towards the end)
Yuvi
Karthik (+)
Dhoni
Bhajji
Kumble
Zaheer
Munaf

Sachin and Dhoni as fifth bowler. Maybe a bit of Yuvi too.

Bowler section very fine to go with spin twins! But in batting, whats Kaif doing there?

Also u want to open Sachin in a test match... whats wrong with u Zorax? i cant believe it!

In test match important part is taking the shine off the new ball as much as possible and thats the major part of the openers! Some may do aggressively like Sehwah, hayden,Langer etc.. Some may do slowly like Jaffer etc!

If u put Sachin in top there, thats it, he has more chances to fail than survive! Sachin is a type of player who is more comfortable as the ball gets old! ( rembr its not ODI... )! But Sehwag has the capability to do well in tests and infact his form in test matches is so good that one cant eliminate him in tests!

Test is diff from ODIs! Also Dravid shd play the wall role by coming in no3 and having a complete control in onse side while other player supporting him in other side! Laxman can come down though as he has played well as openr, no3 and also as no5!

Sehwag
Jaffer
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Ganguly
Dhoni (Wk)
Bhaji or Pathan
Kumble
Munaf
Zaheer

This wud be ideal in my opinion :)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
It's my ODI team. Forgot to mention. Was replying to sachin, who said VVS would be useful in the WC.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
And followed it with a duck, clearing a way back to the airport :p ;)
Nah, Chappell won't drop him on that, will he??

Users who are viewing this thread