Sehwag's 219 off 149 balls-can anyone better this?

Which of these do you think can better Sehwag's 219

• Shane Watson

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Sachin Tendulkar

• AB de Villiers

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • David Warner

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Nobody can better it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Virender Sehwag's 219 off 149 was fabulous to watch and Tendulkar's record was broken.
So this time can any player better this new high and make 220 in ODIs??
Post your views in this thread

Atharv

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sachin Tendulkar .

When I predicted that Sachin would be the first to get to 200 in ODI's my friends did not beleive it.They thought that Sehwag was most likely to do it.But Sachin did it first. I hope Sachin not only breaks this 219 record he also becomes first to get to the 250 mark .

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Sachin Tendulkar .

When I predicted that Sachin would be the first to get to 200 in ODI's my friends did not beleive it.They thought that Sehwag was most likely to do it.But Sachin did it first. I hope Sachin not only breaks this 219 record he also becomes first to get to the 250 mark .

Sorry, but expecting another double century from him is too much now! He is unable to play proper 50 over cricket and you are expecting a monster knock out of it- highly impossible!

And I agree with yudi, if there is someone who can beat this, it is Virender Sehwag himself!:thumbs

Atharv

Club Cricketer
Sorry, but expecting another double century from him is too much now! He is unable to play proper 50 over cricket and you are expecting a monster knock out of it- highly impossible!

And I agree with yudi, if there is someone who can beat this, it is Virender Sehwag himself!:thumbs

:lol:lol

Same argument was put forward by my friends before Sachin's odi double hundred.

You are talking as if Sehwag was fresh as a daisy after that knock.

:rolleyes

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
This guy, didn't know how crazy it was until I looked at it again. Add the additional balls Sehwag faced onto that innings and Watson has 238 in 149 balls and that is assuming he scores those 53 runs at a run a ball :p Such a shame there weren't more runs for him that day.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Really though, I value a record against the West Indies a lot more than one against Bangladesh. Neither is all that spectacular though. Tendulkar's 200* against South Africa is far more impressive.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
watson could do it. He's passed 150 twice this year in ODIs and in all honesty, I don't think he's exactly been in great form. he's only 30, if he finds some purple patch, like Dilshan did in 2009-10 he could do it. glad it wasn't in a demolition of bangladesh though.

and given that shane watson could potentially do it, I think it has to be a given that someone can go past it, extremely attacking openers are becoming far more common.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The thing with Watson is he never goes super crazy, usually he tries to stay technically correct and leaves the good balls and waits for the bad ones. It isn't very often you see his strike rate that much above 100. Add that to his problem with converting his 50s into 100s and you would have to see a lot go right for Watson to do it. That is why the Bangladesh series came out of the blue for me, he never really looked like threatening the 200 mark until that game.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Still, you never know. Tendulkar too is not super crazy.

Watson is also my preference. Only problem is, the batting haven is in Asia and its quite tough for the others to get used to the conditions there.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
This thread should not have been created firstly as we already have another thread, but seeing the admins have replied, I dont think anyone will cross this target for another 5 years

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Same argument was put forward by my friends before Sachin's odi double hundred.
Be practical (like us;):p) dude, his chances of being in ODI team after the Aussies tour are slim. I respect him as a good batsman, but I don't want him to play another 50 overs of monstrous cricket which will indeed reduce his fitness which is directly proportunal to his career on whole!

:lol:lol
You are talking as if Sehwag was fresh as a daisy after that knock.

You are talking as if Sachin goes after the bowlers in every match he plays, just like how he went in that 200* match.

Garson007

Club Cricketer
Someone getting 250 is I think a reasonable expectation for the next decade. It will require about 10 runs per over faced.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its amazing to watch double tons in ODI now... What next? a tripple ton in an ODI?

Sehwag did played one of the best innings of all time no matter if it is against Westindies.

Users who are viewing this thread