Sehwag's 219 off 149 balls-can anyone better this?

Which of these do you think can better Sehwag's 219

• Shane Watson

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Sachin Tendulkar

• AB de Villiers

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • David Warner

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Nobody can better it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Fortunately, you don't get to decide who is in the team and who is not . :D Maybe Sehwag told you that Sachin's chances of being in the team after Aussie tour are slim . Inside info :facepalm .

About Fitness - Sachin is as fit as Sehwag, infact fitter .

About going after the bowling - Sachin doesn't need to go after the bowling to score fast,unlike Sehwag . That is just one of the many exceptional qualities that Sachin has developed .

I hope you are not somebody else's alter ego. Your dislike for Sachin seems all to familiar .

:D
Well, I'm not trying to COMPARE Sachin and Sehwag, they both have completely different type of batsmen!

What I'm trying to convey is Sachin scoring a double ton in ODI cricket is almost practically impossible, since he has not much cricket left in his life!

PS: I like both Sehwag and Sachin, don't try to prove someone that I'm anti Sachin or anti Viru!

Atharv

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, I'm not trying to COMPARE Sachin and Sehwag, they both have completely different type of batsmen!

What I'm trying to convey is Sachin scoring a double ton in ODI cricket is almost practically impossible, since he has not much cricket left in his life!

PS: I like both Sehwag and Sachin, don't try to prove someone that I'm anti Sachin or anti Viru!

Whatever you say sir .

:)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hmm..be honest. Did you expected Sachin would be first to score double? No?

Right. Same way, I am not expecting him to re-gain that record. If he does, it would be a greater achievement than that first knock.

Atharv

Club Cricketer
Right. Same way, I am not expecting him to re-gain that record. If he does, it would be a greater achievement than that first knock.

And there is certainly a very good possibility that he will do that(surpass 219). I do not really understand why people refuse to even think about it.It is not as if he is still suffering from the after effects of that 200 NO . He is fit.He is in very good form. Three of his biggest scores(163,175,200) has come in last couple of years. Once he breaks a barrier he becomes a little more consistent.In the first decade he had not double tons , but once he scored his first double ton , he added 5 more to it. He has mastered the art of scoring fast without taking risks . So he is also a candidate for surpassing 219.

:yes

Last edited:

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
Damn... While talking about pigeon's batting gift we forgot about Dizzy :p . When i first saw it in the news i thought they are playing a prank or something :lol

I had just turned on the TV when I saw Gillespie 197*.I was shell-shocked at seeing his score then he played one down to fine leg for a boundary and made 201*.Sad thing that it was his last match for Australia.:spy

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Absolutely baffling. So India is indeed a land of strange records. On one hand we have a player who took 6 balls to score 36 and on the other hand we have a player who took 60 overs to score 36 runs :eek: :p

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A good enough option. Not laughable.

vorgaphe

Club Cricketer
I think that whoever said Chris Gayle is the most likely to be right. He really should get up there with a score like that.

Users who are viewing this thread