Sehwag's 219 off 149 balls-can anyone better this?

Which of these do you think can better Sehwag's 219

• Shane Watson

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Sachin Tendulkar

• AB de Villiers

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • David Warner

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Nobody can better it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
It will happen eventually, with pitches often flat and minnows around for the taking. And it can just be someone "gets in the groove" and rides their luck, there are 50 overs and short boundaries annoy me but doesn't stop there being some from time to time. For me the boundaries should be quite long, make lots of run threes and fours possible and boundaries (sixes/fours) harder to hit and require good strong hitting.

TV will no doubt not want the last suggestion too often, they wants fours and sixes as is apparent by giving the crowd cards with fours and sixes printed on to wave like muppets.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
219 seems very difficult to better but I think Watson or Warner may get a 200 sometime in their career.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It was a one off performance and I believe that someone of a good calibre might manage it. Let?s face it, it was against West Indies. Nothing against him there but Sachin 200* was more impressive because it was against South Africa when they were in full flow. Back to the topic can anyone manage to make it again, YES, i can?t see why not, If Sehwaq can do I can?t see why someone else can?t. In a ripe old age, i am sure players like Umar Akmal, Virat Kohli and maybe even Afridi but i doubt him:D

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
Gayle has the chance but i feel no one can beat that record , even if yes then it must be himself again . A player taking 200 pluse score against any team would take it

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Yes, any half decent batsman playing on the flattest of wickets against one of the worse bowling line ups I've ever seen could do it.

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
lets see if tharanga comes again with the drug:p

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Breaking the 219 record is damn tough. However a few guys like de Villiers or Watson can surely do it. If Warner learns not to throw away his wicket, he might also get there.

----------

Surprising to see de Villiers gain only two votes. He's got both the caliber and patience to down the 200 mark.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
people may think it's easy to break this record and the name above all may have a chance of breaking, but trust it's not that easy, if so, all thos players above should be beating Bradman average and scoring like 100 each OD. IT take 1 ball to get a wicket but take like over 50 -100 Ball to get that run.
it all goes down to how determine the player is, you can be the best big hitter out there, but just one lack your out.I think this Record is going to stand there for a Very long while.

macintosh

Club Captain
One thing that m noticing here is that most of the people are saying that the wicket was flat and the ground was small,etc. But then there have many players who have played in the same kind of conditions, none of them have managed to score a double century(except Tendulkar) or reach the score that Sehwag has made, milestones don't matter much, but you shouldn't find ways to avoid giving credit to a player.
After scoring 130-140 runs(in the 1st innings), a batsmen would usually play very aggressively and loose his wicket after getting some quick runs, its just like a lottery form there on,Sehwag was lucky that he kept going, its not like Sehwag has done something which should be considered twice as good as others nor is it the greatest innings ever, its just that he has done something which is very rare, thats it, there are many ODI innings which are way better than Sehwag's 219,
but its quite wrong that people are finding ways to lower the value of Sehwag's innings.

bill_123

School Cricketer
Wont be easy...coz viru dint just score 200 or 201....he scored 19 more lol...

but there are a few guys who can break it.....

Viru himself can

then thr is Watson
Amla(maybe iam being a bit biased here lol:D...but da guy can score fast and when he is set he looks good for a BIG innings:))
AB De Villiers(say the first 2 wickets go down within 4 to 5 overs)
Chris Gayle(if he solves his issues with da windies board)
Pietersen(same case as AB)
and thr a few others who maybe can do it but wont be easy.....

Users who are viewing this thread