Sehwag's 219 off 149 balls-can anyone better this?

Which of these do you think can better Sehwag's 219

• Shane Watson

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Sachin Tendulkar

• AB de Villiers

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • David Warner

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Nobody can better it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The thing with Watson is he never goes super crazy, usually he tries to stay technically correct and leaves the good balls and waits for the bad ones. It isn't very often you see his strike rate that much above 100. Add that to his problem with converting his 50s into 100s and you would have to see a lot go right for Watson to do it. That is why the Bangladesh series came out of the blue for me, he never really looked like threatening the 200 mark until that game.

Seriously you can never predict anything in cricket. Everyone tends to believe that you need to go super crazy for a double ton in ODI but Tendulkar proved everyone wrong that day. It was just top class cricket with a little bit of imagination on Tendulkar's part(loved the way he walked across the stumps and whipped Steyn for 4 around 34th over:p).

Both 200's came on pretty flat deck with shorter boundaries. Thus only way to compare two is by comparing the bowling attacks they faced. So IMO a bowling attack of Langevelt,Parnel,Kallis and Steyn is far better than Roach,Narine,Ramoaul and Russel.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Though many people say Watson and all, I am going in for a rather unlikely candidate in David Warner. He showed in that Champions League games that he is capable of playing monstrous big knocks. If he gets a good flat deck like what Sehwag got in Indore, he is capable of breaking that record. Most likely an opener or a one down batsman are the best guys capable of breaking that record, and Warner is one of them.

Sachin again? NO CHANCE!! Its time to unburden himself of ODI cricket and concentrate only on tests. I still cant understand why he is waiting to announce retirement from ODI's.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Though many people say Watson and all, I am going in for a rather unlikely candidate in David Warner. He showed in that Champions League games that he is capable of playing monstrous big knocks. If he gets a good flat deck like what Sehwag got in Indore, he is capable of breaking that record. Most likely an opener or a one down batsman are the best guys capable of breaking that record, and Warner is one of them.

Sachin again? NO CHANCE!! Its time to unburden himself of ODI cricket and concentrate only on tests. I still cant understand why he is waiting to announce retirement from ODI's.

Don't underestimate him mate. He's a freak of nature:p . You'll never know with him, if conditions are right then he could pull the rabbit outta hat again.

Params7

International Cricketer
Chris Gayle, Shane Watson, David Warner.
Of all those Chris Gayle has the highest probability imo.

Last edited:

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It will not take much longer when another batsmen will get double ton. I want somebody to set another marathon record that just stay as longer as it can like Saeed's 194. I don't want such records to break so quickly.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Chris Martin.;) He just needs to sort out a few things in his technique :p

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Apparently McGrath would have done, but no one ever let him bat high enough up the order.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Apparently McGrath would have done, but no one ever let him bat high enough up the order.

Yeah. Stupid Waugh. Wasted such a gift talent. Probably the only player who had enough talent to threaten Sir Don's 99.96 avg. Such a shame :p

----------

Even the great Wasim couldn't get through McGrath's defense. :clap

Last edited by a moderator:

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Love when the graph comes up. Average 2.46. Really shows how hard he worked on his batting through the second half of his career.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Damn... While talking about pigeon's batting gift we forgot about Dizzy :p . When i first saw it in the news i thought they are playing a prank or something :lol

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah that was ridiculous! Greatest nightwatchman performance ever!

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I remember that Glenn Turner faced 201 balls for his 171 in 1975 World Cup but that was when there were 60 overs ODIs.If some of the probable batsmen like Watson,Tendulkar,Warner etc face more than 160 balls or so it might be possible to make a score more than Sehwag's 219.But I don't think thats gonna happen anyway.:p

Atharv

Club Cricketer
Be practical (like us;):p) dude, his chances of being in ODI team after the Aussies tour are slim. I respect him as a good batsman, but I don't want him to play another 50 overs of monstrous cricket which will indeed reduce his fitness which is directly proportunal to his career on whole!

You are talking as if Sachin goes after the bowlers in every match he plays, just like how he went in that 200* match.

:rolleyes

Fortunately, you don't get to decide who is in the team and who is not . :D Maybe Sehwag told you that Sachin's chances of being in the team after Aussie tour are slim . Inside info :facepalm .

About Fitness - Sachin is as fit as Sehwag, infact fitter .

About going after the bowling - Sachin doesn't need to go after the bowling to score fast,unlike Sehwag . That is just one of the many exceptional qualities that Sachin has developed .

I hope you are not somebody else's alter ego. Your dislike for Sachin seems all to familiar .

:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread