Odds bet365

Fkas

International Cricketer
Its a great challenge for kiwis to tackle down the magic of Bangal's spinners

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This has been superb hitting from Brendon McCullum. 108 from 53, New Zealand are after 190.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
This is one of those weird matches where only a couple of batsmen look good and you can't be sure if you've seen a couple of ridiculously good performances or a huge number of ridiculously mediocre ones.

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah, I mean McCullum played well but Bangladesh were pretty horrible. What an awful tournament this has been so far, the first 4 days have been utterly pointless. Hopefully there will be some better action on the weekend and the crowds might turn up.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yeah. Reason might also be pitches not conducive to spin as one would expect in SL. Bangladesh always rely heavily on spin. Weekend fixtures look great for some action.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
bangladesh were showing signs of improvement, but they are still the weakest team, even the improvement they made was more about narrowing the gap than over-taking people. if an opponent plays a fantastic knock they will struggle to beat them due to their reliance on having to have the whole team contribute while batting and bowling.

good teams get beaten by exceptional performances all the time (levi, who's not exactly a world beater similarly did this to NZ earlier this year), it's just difficult to know whether this was one or just bangladesh were being very lax and unfocused... again.

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
Wow what a powerful hitting display from mccullum really great to watch. And bangladesh looked really horrible today with the bowl and with the bat :eek:

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Vettori's only 33? Blimey.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, I mean McCullum played well but Bangladesh were pretty horrible. What an awful tournament this has been so far, the first 4 days have been utterly pointless. Hopefully there will be some better action on the weekend and the crowds might turn up.

But thankfully it's going quickly...

I remember everyone fapped over the 2011 World Cup but that was full of pretty one sided minnow matches that went on for a MONTH before the quarterfinals - bar one BIG exception of course. One big upset in a month suddenly makes a good tournament? No way...

ferg512

International Coach
But thankfully it's going quickly...

I remember everyone fapped over the 2011 World Cup but that was full of pretty one sided minnow matches that went on for a MONTH before the quarterfinals - bar one BIG exception of course. One big upset in a month suddenly makes a good tournament? No way...

Haha not me, I thought the 2011 world cup was boring as well the only reason its viewed as a success is because India won. The ICC need to put more thinking into how they are going to schedule these tournaments in the future because atm its just not working.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
There's definitely very little excitement about this down here, and I assume that it's similar in Australia with both the NRL and AFL seasons coming to a conclusion.

Sure it was a great innings from McCullum, but it just looked like a total mismatch out there like all of the other matches have looked like so far. Some of his sixes really just had no right to go for six, like that swat over mid-off. Other than Mortaza and Razzaq Bangladesh's bowling was terrible. Obviously an innings like that can throw you off-guard, but it just looked like they had no bowling plans and they were almost just expecting stuff to happen for them.

ferg512

International Coach
There's definitely very little excitement about this down here, and I assume that it's similar in Australia with both the NRL and AFL seasons coming to a conclusion.

That doesn't help, but I really don't think that many more people would care even if it was during cricket season. I was quite surprised when I saw an article on cricinfo saying it could be on par with the 50 over world cup. In fact I would rather we didn't win this tournament if I were to be particularly honest as all I can see happening as a result is our test and ODI cricket slipping further.

----------

Also some of the commentary is making me a little sick, the way they were going on about McCullum, but I suppose this tournament has been so boring they need something to get excited about.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Also some of the commentary is making me a little sick, the way they were going on about McCullum, but I suppose this tournament has been so boring they need something to get excited about.

Two of them were calling Franklin, Jeremy Franklin for the first ten or so overs of our innings. Also they called Taylor, Brendon Taylor at one stage.

It was one of the best T20I innings there's ever been, so I didn't really mind them getting excited about that. I know people can go on about the opposition etc., but going into that match I was only putting our odds at winning it as 60 - 40, and the way he paced the innings was quite superb... yes the non-existent death bowling did help.

Users who are viewing this thread