PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
7th Match, Group C: Sri Lanka v South Africa at Hambantota

odds bet365

Fkas

International Cricketer
Home ground and home crowd, spinners and much favorable weather, I think Sri Lanka have a v.good chance to clinch a victory here.

Bilalshuja

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Distracting batting side of South Africa , So I bet South Africa.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Didn't see this match - only looked at the scorecard.

Can anyone tell me: a) why the heck Ajantha Mendis wasn't playing??, and b) why on earth is Angelo Mathews batting at #8?? I guess by the time Sangakkara was out the chase was lost, so it didn't matter where Mathews batted. I'm just worried because he didn't get a bat in the first game either, so he was at least #7 there as well.

As for Mendis, I was going to suggest maybe the prospect of a wet ball might have seen him dropped, but he was dropped for Herath - a fellow tweaker...I remember mentioning before this tournament how it wasn't good that in the past has been Mendis was mucked around by selectors ie. trusted against one team, but not against another eg. took 3/35 in 2011 World Cup semi vs NZ, but wasn't trusted to bowl vs India in the final.

It's a great way to crush the confidence of talented young players by dropping or hiding them - give Mendis and Mathews a chance please Sri Lanka selectors!!

spooony

Club Captain
It takes around 10 overs to knock the seam in on the ball. This match was shorter than a U/9 cricket match.

War

Chairman of Selectors
These 7 over internationals makes no sense. Duckworth/lewis just can't work for t20s man.

If rain falls in a T20, especially in a world cup. Play it back the next day. T20s is already a limited for of cricket already and making match out of anything less than 20 overs is utterly farcical.

spooony

Club Captain
These 7 over internationals makes no sense. Duckworth/lewis just can't work for t20s man.

If rain falls in a T20, especially in a world cup. Play it back the next day. T20s is already a limited for of cricket already and making match out of anything less than 20 overs is utterly farcical.

Totally agree. Other aspect is how do you call the one team a T20 world champion after a 20 over match? Next game they meet or played the result might be reversed. Really think they should start with 2nd innings in T20. They play each other twice almost like test cricket but but you get 20 overs per innings.

Users who are viewing this thread