Shot Placement - Help needed

anand.vivek

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Alt+Right+Right (Slog Sweep) for a right-hander, you have to time it though.
If you want to see all the shots available, go into the nets and hold TAB

I tried that shot, but the slog shot is going to deep fine leg rather than deep square leg...!!:noway

Rafey

Mindstorm Studios Representative
I tried that shot, but the slog shot is going to deep fine leg rather than deep square leg...!!:noway
The native direction for alt -> -> is deep square leg. However, you can place it so that it goes towards deep fine leg or deep mid-wicket.

The native direction for shift <- -> (lofted sweep) is deep fine leg.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Leg flick side flick is not available in the game.

You can play push+right+right to play it along ground.
Or play slog+right+right to slog sweep over deep square leg.

Against fast bowlers, slog sweep invites RATTLED. :p

div1983

School Cricketer
Well, don't think of it as 2 different arcs. Consider it as a circle. Use the up and down arrow to change the direction of the circle or the 'arcs'.

Placement feature is similar to tilting your wrist when playing a shot. For eg, if you play a cover drive with the placement circle turned all the way to the clockwise direction for a right handed batsman, the shot will be played more squarer than the usual cover drive. Similarly, if you turn it all the way to the anti clockwise direction for a right handed batsman, a cover drive will go a lot straighter than usual, thereby helping to pierce the infield.

Hope that helps.

Hi Arun687

thanks to your post(above), I finally understood the shot placement feature. However, i'm only able to score ground stroke boundaries against weaker teams or minnows like zimbabwe or bangladesh :hpraise. Could you or anyone else on these forums tell me how to improve my placement against some of the stronger teams like england , south africa or new zealand ? :).

thanks

Cricketiswin

Club Cricketer
Use a defensive player and get his confidence upto level 3. You will be able to hit lots of boundaries. I hit some cover and straight drives (ground shots) playing against Newzealand.
Hi Arun687

thanks to your post(above), I finally understood the shot placement feature. However, i'm only able to score ground stroke boundaries against weaker teams or minnows like zimbabwe or bangladesh :hpraise. Could you or anyone else on these forums tell me how to improve my placement against some of the stronger teams like england , south africa or new zealand ? :).

thanks

arun687

School Cricketer
Hi Arun687

thanks

Know the full range of shots and apply them wisely. Cover drive, st drive and on drive with good placement are very good shots to score a boundary if a fielder is not outside the ring in those areas. Also, the delicate cut to third man and fine leg glance are effective. Sweeps are very good against spinners but slightly difficult to play. If the ball is shorter, play the cut shot with good placement and you will get a boundary if timed well. :)

Rafey

Mindstorm Studios Representative
Click here for a short tutorial on shot placement in CR. This video was recently released by Mindstorm.

saurabh_jee

School Cricketer
Thanks for this info. But who could play the big shots?

Last edited by a moderator:

Westn-Warriorz

School Cricketer
:p

Its better to have defensive batsman. They can turn the shots by 22 degrees. Attacking batsman can only make it 5 degree.

why is this ? An attacking batsman you would think be the better option .... ?
whats CR theory to this ?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
why is this ? An attacking batsman you would think be the better option .... ?
whats CR theory to this ?

defensive batsman are technically sound and can play all around the wicket. :p

D

Dutch

but the batting is realy tough in this game though

Stick at it, timing and placement will come more easy. The good thing about this game is that there is a steep learning curve. One it makes the game more enjoyable over a longer period and two, the satisfaction of getting it right is greater.

Users who are viewing this thread