Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Effine, only you could turn a battrick story into ice hockey

voldemort

International Coach
First All-star Clash ends in draw
The Sneaky Penguins vs Eastern All-Stars ended in a thrilling 2-2 draw by the end of the last period. The game didn't go into a shootout because the Penguins said that PHL didn't have those in the rules. The first period was a one sided affair as the Eastern All-Stars struck twice taking the score to 2-0. Goaltender Pine was instantly replaced by Hedley late in the first as the Penguins made a comeback.

Mid-way through the second, Defender Davison brokethrough the blue line and into the attack all alone. Davison showed a cool stick through legs deke and scored fantastically. The score of 2-1 at the end of 2nd was taken to 2-2 early in the third when Daley scored off a rebound. Both teams could not break the scoreline as the last minute buzzer sounded, announcing the end of game.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
So they suck at both cricket and hockey!

voldemort

International Coach
Penguins get 1000 fans

Cricket and Animal lovers of Antigua love the Penguins. This is evident as the total number of club members climbed to 1006 today. Local Kid Robert Simmons was surprised to know that he was the 1000th member and was further surprised to know that he got the chance to celebrate with the penguins tomorrow. He would also get a chance to see the Penguins in action today against the Western All-Stars.

Robert Simmons said:
'ell to tell the tru'th, I was mighty surprised to 'ear that. I 'ad been following the team since mid-season. I am mighty thrilled for sure.

Shevchenko

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
AAAAH not a draw I can't stand Eastern NHL teams lol but it's a draw, good 1000 fans thats really good work keep up the nice work on the thread mate let's see how the Penguins do in cricket

gamerkid22

National Board President
Its Sunday, so Happy Birthday to all your team members :p. I am waiting for the big B'Day bash ;)

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Can I be a member?

Im the number 1 Rogan fan

voldemort

International Coach
Western All-Stars take it home 2-1

If the first Ice Hockey match was a thriller, the seond is was true gold. Both teams played with tempo, ending the first period at 0-0. Howver early in the first, sakic put one past Hedley to make it 1-0. The Penguins replied back in a hurry, tieing the score at 1. No more goals were seen till the last few minutes of the third, when Lidstrom attacked from the back and scored a powerplay goal while Benn was in the penalty box for holding. The game ended 2-1, but the Penguins were honoured for playing a great game. Manager Effine and 1000th member Robert were present for the match. Now the Penguins can concentrate on their cricket as ther perpare themselves for their first match of the season on the 27th of January in the West Indies National County Knockout Cup. The opponent is yet to be announced.

voldemort

International Coach
New Penguin in town

After a seasons intensive training, 17 year old Rocky Groves was called up to train and play for the Sneaky Penguins. Groves is a Right arm Medium bowler who plays casually. The player has potential and is tipped to replace Cunningham in the first XI. Groves will also be the first Medium pacer for the Penguins.

Effine said:
Although he is not bowling as good as I wanted him to, I am sure that it can be fixed within a season. He has been trained pretty well back in Antartica and the heat doesn't seem to affect him much. I hope my search for another Ryno would end here. Groves won't play much this season, but I will try to play him whenever possible

Groves said:
I am quite proud to know that I was picked to play for the Penguins. I will put in my best.

We have an interesting conversation that took place before the arrival of Groves

Effine: Ah Jepson, Has he arrived?
Jepson: Yes Effine, He is not upto the mark, but will do.
Effine: Cool... How do you rate him?
Jepson: 5 out of 20 in everything.
Effine: Thats not beyond expectations... But I think he will do. Whats his name?
Jepson: Rocky Groves
Effine: Is that the place where he comes from?
Jepson: No, He was named after their home country
Effine: Ah well, strange name, hope he plays fine...

Users who are viewing this thread