South Africa in Pakistan - 2007

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pakistan wins by 25 runs, but Pakistan need to improve their fielding.

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
this must be some sort of record in test playing nations history
5 dropped catches and still won the match and that too v SA
normally if anyone drops them twice max they make them pay for it big time

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
this must be some sort of record in test playing nations history
5 dropped catches and still won the match and that too v SA
normally if anyone drops them twice max they make them pay for it big time

Its because, there was no support for Smith really. Kallis and Gibbs got dismissed in unfortunate way especially Kallis. He is yet to make some good scoring in this ODI series.

Rao was excellent though with his line and tactics.

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
Hope he gets an oppurtunity
he was pretty much the best player that series along with hameed
Pakistan's continuing troubles with their opening combination have forced the selectors to call up Khalid Latif and release Mohammad Hafeez from the 15-man squad to face South Africa in the third ODI in Faisalabad on Tuesday.

Pakistan have tried two opening combinations in two games so far and Imran Nazir, Mohammad Hafeez and Kamran Akmal have provided starts of 18 and 1. Hafeez was dropped for the second ODI and the highest score by an opener remains Nazir's 16 in the first ODI.

The 21-year old Latif has been on the fringes of selection to the senior squad for some time now. He first came to national attention when he led the Pakistan U-19 team to victory in the 2004 World Cup in Bangladesh.

He was unlucky to miss out on selection for the ICC World Twenty20 despite impressing during the various training camps held before the tournament. But solid performances in the recent home series against Australia A have finally paid off.

Latif ended the three-match ODI series in September as the leading scorer on either side. His tally of 228 runs included one fifty and a spectacular unbeaten 142 in Lahore as Pakistan successfully chased 332 against an attack that included Jason Gillespie, James Hopes and Dan Cullen.

"We are struggling with an opening pair at the moment," Salahuddin Ahmed, the chief selector, told Cricinfo. "We are already playing Kamran as an opener to make place for an extra bowler.

"Latif is a very good, upcoming youngster and was in brilliant form against Australia A recently. He fully deserves his place in the squad. Hafeez has been released and he will go back to regain his form in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy."

It is understood that Latif will not play in Faisalabad but may get an opportunity later in the series. Still, Pakistan are likely to go in with their third different opening pair in as many matches; Nazir's continuing run of poor scores means Yasir Hameed will most likely open the innings with Akmal.

And in light of an impressive bowling performance in the second ODI, Pakistan will not risk Mohammad Asif for the third game. Asif sat out the first two matches with an elbow injury that flared up during the second Test in Lahore.
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakvrsa/content/story/316392.html

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
South Africa is also a strugling a bit with opening i mean it's not often you see both of them perform in one game.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Great Quote:

"We were at a warm-up game in Zimbabwe once and the fast bowlers were on with the old ball. I was standing at slip with Inzi next to me. We crouched down as you do when the bowlers were coming in. Four or five balls later, I noticed Inzi was still crouching and surprised, I asked him if everything was ok. He replied, "I'm fine, just trying to sleep. The ball is old and reversing so there's hardly a chance there will be any edges to snap up."
Aamer Sohail recounts a classic Inzamam-ul-Haq anecdote
:laugh

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Wow, good old Inzy, shall try that one of these days, on a flat pitch.

Maybe when opposition is 200/3, I will go to sleep at 1st slip :P

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Khalid Latif and Hameed might open today. Maybe Misbah will have to go in order for Latif to come in.

on cric info it says that Latif will not play in the Faisalabad match but probably will later in the series, and that its most likely that Hammed will replace Nazir in tonights match.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
South Africa won the toss and elected to bat first.

Also it was announced that Afridi will open the innings. Probably with Hameed.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
well lets see how he does, and if it works with Afridi and Hameed opening pleeeaaseee dont screw around with it.

Users who are viewing this thread