South Africa in West Indies

What will be outcome of the ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
He'll probably just get a warning. Did the Windies get bowled out, because I think then the over rate doesn't matter. A fine/suspension is only made when a team offends a second or third time. Dippenaar just out. I liked the way Nel ran, bowled and then ran back to improve over-rate.

Another interesting, but disappointing, outcome of the fines/suspension is the bowlers appealing for everything, from everything to the most obvious catches. This is a sad thing. Bowlers, while taking their wickets, have at the back of the mind the thought that they cannot celebrate immediately. As a few of the commentators on the game also said, Langeveldt got a hat-trick and the ICC responded by fining him.

Rangeela

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
4th ODI

Toss: South Africa

West Indies 231/8 (Chanderpaul 85*) (Nitini 3/34)
South Africa 232/4 (46.5 ov) (Prince 89*, Kemp 65)

Result: South Africa won by 6 wickets

Man of the Match: AG Prince

Series: South Africa leads the 5-ODI series 4-0

5th ODI - West Indies vs South Africa

May 15th at Trinidad

Odds:

West Indies - 17/10
South Africa - 2/5

Bets will be accepted until 13:00 GMT on 15th May and bets will be settled once the one day match is over. In the case of a drawn match due to the weather or a tie, all bets will be refunded.

cheaterr

Club Cricketer
For the next match, I bet 100 on WI and 900 on SAF. I think SAF will win, but just incase they dont I wont lose everything you know.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Well if you didn't know rain is delaying play, Umpire Darryl Hair mentioned the a 20 over game might be played. What do you think?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
If the match is abandoned you do get your points back. The marquee on Ten Sports says that:

"South Africa and West Indies will play a 20-over match commencing at 18:15 GMT". That's about 25 minutes away.

'Twenty20 Game' with Windies batting first.

cheaterr

Club Cricketer
Exactly, the stats that come from this match for the players will go under the One Day International section of their profile, not the Twenty20 section.

Rangeela

International Coach
5th ODI

Toss: South Africa

West Indies 138/7 (20/20 ov)
South Africa 141/3 (19.1/20 ov) (Dippenaar 61*)

Result: South Africa won by 7 wickets

Man of the Match: HH Dippenaar

Man of the Series: HH Dippenaar

Series: South Africa wins the 5-ODI series 5-0

shahid6995

Club Cricketer
andrew_nixon said:
As you all know I never like to be pedantic, but this isn't technically a Twenty20 game, it's a one day game reduced to 20 overs a side.
Correct me if I am wrong but didnt you have to be able to play 25 overs each side for it to be called a full international?

Users who are viewing this thread