England in South Africa

what will be the possible outcome of Test series?

• South Africa wins 5-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa wins 4-0, 4-1

• South Africa wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

• South Africa wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

• England wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • England wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • England wins 4-0, 4-1

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England wins 5-0

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inside_Edge

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
"You would have to wonder where the runs would come from if the big three miss out though."

True enough Colin, but I reckon that statement would be applicable for most teams. BTW, the weather report is not looking good for sunday...Thunderstorms for 5 days ina row predicted ;(

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Inside_Edge said:
"You would have to wonder where the runs would come from if the big three miss out though."

True enough Colin, but I reckon that statement would be applicable for most teams. BTW, the weather report is not looking good for sunday...Thunderstorms for 5 days ina row predicted ;(
You don't need apostrophes, just press the quote button.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Inside_Edge said:

I'm sure the England team would be very happy for it to rain as we've already lost the series and they'll want to come home now.

Sureshot

Executive member
m_vaughan said:
Congrats to SA for the series win, but England were nowhere near their best. Trescothick, and Strauss out of form. Jones not playing all that great either. We will have to have all our players back fit and in full form before the next one day series.

Jones is a far better batsman than Read. Only a wicketkeeper who can bat well can survive today. Though I agree that Jones should be sent back to his original place of no.6 or no.7.

I think England did tamper a lot with the batting and bowling places in this series.

When fit this would be a decent team to field,
Trescothick, Solanki, Vaughan, Strauss, Flintoff, Pieterson, Jones, Giles, Wharf, Ali, Harmison

for ODIs put gough in there!

Will p

International Cricketer
yeah, i think Hoggard is a cr** ODI bowler, to full. yeh i think Gough should be in there, still a very good ODI bowler

brad352

Executive member
Another hundred for Pietersen, England's only good batsman right now is a bloody South African

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Congrats to South Africa on a comprehensive 4-1 series victory. With a bit of luck, it probably would have been 6-1 or even 7-0. Some of the matches were close but it was always RSA holding their nerve (except that tied game) to take the victory in the end. England have some major reconstruction to do in the ODI front.

themuel1

International Coach
sohummisra said:
Congrats to South Africa on a comprehensive 4-1 series victory. With a bit of luck, it probably would have been 6-1 or even 7-0. Some of the matches were close but it was always RSA holding their nerve (except that tied game) to take the victory in the end. England have some major reconstruction to do in the ODI front.

I don't think a major reconstruction is needed, just flintoff back.

Shevchenko

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Great voctory for South Africa , a work in progress , England dont strike me as a great ODI team , their to much on the tests , SA are like Australia once they have found their feet, their a great ODI and test side , SA falling out of the 2003 WC was bad luck , they England played there was bad!, ICC final , have a chance of winning it but two tail-enders of the Windies secure victory against England

Kevin Pietersen absolutely brilliant, im a huge fan of him , well I hate him, comes into international cricket and makes runs and runs where as I a normal club player have to work my butt of to make a century ! , well I got 6 of em in One day

Users who are viewing this thread