Pakistan in South Africa

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
puddleduck said:
To be fair it was from the test side that people wanted Pollock dropped, and considering he averages around 40 with the ball in tests recently it's slightly understandable. Odis he's been awesome for... well... for ever. That's not even including the fact he can hit quick 50's!

His test form has been coming back aswell. He had very good series against Pakistan and India with bat and ball.

prarara said:
How far is SA away from the number 1 spot?

If Australia lose in New Zealand (Could happen) SA go number 1.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Drewska said:
His test form has been coming back aswell. He had very good series against Pakistan and India with bat and ball.

If Australia lose in New Zealand (Could happen) SA go number 1.

Yep, I didn't agree with them, but they did at least have some justification! He provides that bowler who can bat at 8, and gives them a really strong number 7 & 8 in test cricket. A bit like McGrath he doesn't look quite as dangerous in test cricket without a bit of nip in the pitch, but he still gives nothing away.

How long's it been since anyone other than Australia were number 1 in either form of the game! :eek:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
SA dethroned us in the Test arena in 03 so quite a while a go but we've never lost the ODI title. Closest any team has come was within 3 points of us.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
i think that it might be a different storry for Pakistan once the WC starts, the pitches there will be easier for them to get used too. they just couldn't adjust to the SAF pitches but in the world cup it will be mostly spinner friendly and i expect the subcontinent teams to have more success there.

Bilal91

International Coach
yeah exactly my thoughts Dare...more batting/spinner friendly pitches will def. help sub-continent teams and they will have an advantage at the start as they know those kind of pitches...

Users who are viewing this thread