19 Jan: 2nd Test - Port Elizabeth
26 Jan: 3rd Test - Cape Town
2 Feb: T20I - Johannesburg
4 Feb: 1st ODI - Centurion
7 Feb: 2nd ODI - Durban
9 Feb: 3rd ODI - Port Elizabeth
11 Feb: 4th ODI - Cape Town
14 Feb: 5th ODI - Johannesburg

Seems a bit strange to give Pakistan only one warm up match.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I can see Pakistan struggling in the Tests if the pitches are anything similar to the ones they encountered in England, which i'm assuming they will. Still, if MoYo carries on this staggering form the Pakistan have every chance.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Difference is that now we have much better opening partnership, and we're getting used to not having Shoaib Akhtar and Asif in our team. I believe that was one of our problems in England, we had the attitude that we should just hang on until the pace duo comes in and rescues us, and we lost the series 2-0 in doing so.

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
Pakistan are doing very well with the bat at the moment, and Yousuf is scoring centuries galore. If he continues this amazing form, I see Pakistan winning.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I agree with that NP; The return of Asif lifted the team for the Oval Test match and there was a sense of "at last, the saviour is here".

Thing is though, although the opening partnersip is better etc, they will come up agianst a better pace attack. All in all, I think this will be a fantastic series because Pakistan's batting line-up is one of the best in the world and Safrica's pace attack is one of the bets too.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Completely agree that it will be a good battle between the bat and the ball. I hate to say it but I expect Saffies to get the best of the Pakistani batting line up, however, things might even out a bit if Gul brings his A game, and maybe if Shabbir Ahmed is sharing the new ball.

Bilal91

International Coach
yeah it would be entertaining to watch...but pakistans gotta raise their game if they have any chance of winning the series or even drawing with SA...i don't understand why they don't prepare pitches like those in Aus and Sa to give them more experience of them...

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
The important thing for Safrica is to find a bowler who can keep MoYo tied down. Whether it be Pollock, Ntini, Nel or any other, they need to get one over on him. If Moyo is kept down, I fear for Pakistan.

nightprowler10

Executive member
evertonfan said:
The important thing for Safrica is to find a bowler who can keep MoYo tied down. Whether it be Pollock, Ntini, Nel or any other, they need to get one over on him. If Moyo is kept down, I fear for Pakistan.
Lately he hasn't let anybody really dominate him, that was his problem couple of years ago. But hopefully even if Yousuf is kept down by the Saffies, either Inzamam and/or Younis will spring in to form.

BTW, who do people think should bowl alongside Gul, Kaneria, Nazir? Should it be Razzaq again, or should one of the newer talents get a chance?

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Is that Shabbir Ahmed back yet? He looked pretty decent against us last year until the ICC intervened. I'd play him if available. Failing that, i'd give Rana or maybe even Sami another chance.

I do like Gul though; Looks to be very much in the McGrath mould and I just love line and length bowlers.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Razzaq is fine, there is no need to change this guy.. He can be a handy person in our team as you never know when the big 3 are going to fail.

PhilD123

International Coach
Umar Gul's an interesting bowler. He's done very well recently against the Windies. However, I went to see the 2nd day of the test match at Old Trafford. The amount of balls he bowled without making the batsman play was way too high.

Other than him you would say Nazir, Kaneria and I would perhaps play Rana. He will probably enjoy some of the seaming wickets in South Africa and Razzaq is no big threat with the ball or bat in test cricket.

nightprowler10

Executive member
Thing with Razzaq is that he's not what he used to be anymore. He's rarely a threat to top order batsmen anymore. He does fine against the tail enders, but I just don't think that's enough to keep the youngsters out anymore.

MAJID-A

School Cricketer
Though it is feasible, if not probable, that the Pakistani batsmen will struggle, one expects the South African batsmen to do likewise. In 2004 they failed to negotiate Hoggard and when Australia toured it was Clark who wrecked them completely. I think the likes of Gul and Nazir would fancy having the South Africans in great deal of trouble. Its a great myth that the South Africans can handle quality seam/swing bowling because the last 2 years have showed they can't.

Users who are viewing this thread