England in South Africa

what will be the possible outcome of Test series?

• South Africa wins 5-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa wins 4-0, 4-1

• South Africa wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

• South Africa wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

• England wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • England wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • England wins 4-0, 4-1

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England wins 5-0

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
The umpires are stepping out onto the park to have a look at the
pitch
The ground staff called on to remove the covers

Match State: Delay - RAIN

The covers called on
It`s still raining very hard here
The rain as stopped , just waiting for umpires to come to have a
look​
Chance for some cricket now.....

jonah

International Coach
Shailesh said:
Jones gone too..not sure why he is opening when Solanki is in the xi
Couldn't agree more S. In fact Strauss should open, if not Solanki. Hope they now forget this ridiculous theory about Jones opening. In fact, I wouldn't be opposed to recalling Read, a far better keeper and not a bad batsman either.

T20

Panel of Selectors
jonah said:
Couldn't agree more S. In fact Strauss should open, if not Solanki. Hope they now forget this ridiculous theory about Jones opening. In fact, I wouldn't be opposed to recalling Read, a far better keeper and not a bad batsman either.

Long time mate :cool: so SA wins the series thanks to the rain..first time they've had something to cheer about after rain in a odi :p

Sureshot

Executive member
Jones imo would be better suited if we had 30 overs left and he came in than Read. plus jones was faultless today

Rangeela

International Coach
6th ODI

Toss: South Africa

South Africa 211 (46.3 ov) (Gibbs 118) (Wharf 3/48, Ali 3/44)
England 7/2 (3.4 ov)

Result: No Result

Man of the Match: No Award

Series: South Africa leads the 7-ODI series 3-1

7th ODI - South Africa vs England

13 Feb @ Centurion

Odds:

South Africa - 8/11
England - Evens (1/1)

Bets will be accepted until 07:30 GMT on 13th February and bets will be settled once the one day match is over. In the case of a drawn match due to the weather or a tie, all bets will be refunded.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Ah well, well done to South Africa on their series win, overall they deserve it, played better than England most of the time. We got what we deserved, nothing.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Somewhere is this thread is a post by me tipping England for the Tests and South Africa for the ODI's...
Congrats to the SA team. They showed real charactor after losing the test series and the first ODI. You would have to wonder where the runs would come from if the big three miss out though.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
andrew_nixon said:
Are you talking about a different match? The match today was rained off.

Lol thats what it was saying on the Sky Sports site :D

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Congrats to SA for the series win, but England were nowhere near their best. Trescothick, and Strauss out of form. Jones not playing all that great either. We will have to have all our players back fit and in full form before the next one day series.

jonah said:

Jones is a far better batsman than Read. Only a wicketkeeper who can bat well can survive today. Though I agree that Jones should be sent back to his original place of no.6 or no.7.

I think England did tamper a lot with the batting and bowling places in this series.

When fit this would be a decent team to field,
Trescothick, Solanki, Vaughan, Strauss, Flintoff, Pieterson, Jones, Giles, Wharf, Ali, Harmison

jonah

International Coach
m_vaughan said:
Jones is a far better batsman than Read. Only a wicketkeeper who can bat well can survive today. Though I agree that Jones should be sent back to his original place of no.6 or no.7.
I agree vaughanie that Jones is a better bat than Read, but for my money he makes too many crucial mistakes behind the stumps. Off the top of my head I can recall 3 recent errors v SA; The two dives in front of 1st slip in one of the Tests (1 resulting in him dropping what would have been a relatively simple slip catch, the other (when Kallis I think was the batsman) luckily he missed and Tres caught it, and then in one of the odi's the missed run out of Smith when he tried to take the ball in front of the stumps but completely arsed it up (Smith then went on to make a match winning century, along with the help of Tres who dropped a dolly off him).
I'm not saying he's a bad keeper, but those types of mistakes are as crucial and can turn a match as him making a quick 20 or so with the bat. Now if he was regularly contributing with the bat, then maybe those mistakes behind the stumps could maybe be overlooked, but...
Going back to Read, I think I recall him scoring quite a few off the last over v the Windies in an odi in the Caribbean last year to win us the match (including a couple of sixes if I'm right), so he can do it with the bat, and his keeping is much better than Jones'.
I suppose it's going to be an ongoing debate. Having said all this though I bet Jones makes a century tomorrow, takes 3 catches and 2 stumpings; if he does I'll be well pleased for him :)

Shevchenko

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I wanted a result for this match , not a washed out match , England at 7/2 , who knows maybe South Africa could have bowled them out under 200 mark or maybe even restrict them from getting their total , but then again Pieterson could have saved the day for England( I feel for him , gets a chance to play at his hometown before he left for the UK) and might have just won the match .

I think what makes South Africa such a great ODI team is that we have batting way down to 9 and their are some teams who would just wish to have that.

England might just consider another team strategy cause the one their using now is a bit faulty to me, Strauss deserves a chance at opening , move Jones down the order , maybe even drop Trescothick and let Solanki open with Strauss , its not that I want SA to win the final ODI by a big margin of runs or wickets its just that I feel Trescothick hasn't been the same.

Justin Kemp is one of a kind , a good strong hitter, but what about they give Klusener
another run , for one more season, with Kemp they can rotate the strike and they can hit the ball far, with this at the end , then bowlers will loose their concentration so much that they will just say , " AH c'mon give me a break"

I hope the final ODI will be great and that no rain will come and wash it out

Users who are viewing this thread