England in South Africa

what will be the possible outcome of Test series?

• South Africa wins 5-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa wins 4-0, 4-1

• South Africa wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

• South Africa wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

• England wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • England wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • England wins 4-0, 4-1

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England wins 5-0

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Let me ask you Threscothick- Have you played against an attack with one of the best pacers in the world, along with 4 other experienced and aggresive bowlers, and chasing 300+ after being 2-1 down in a series at over 6 an over?? Unless you have you have no right to criticize the English Team.

Sureshot

Executive member
my england XI when fit:

Trescothick
Strauss
Vaughan (poor average but hes better than that)
Pietersen
Flintoff
Collingwood
Jones
Giles
Ali
Gough
Harmison/Wharf

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Sureshot said:
my england XI when fit:

Trescothick
Strauss
Vaughan (poor average but hes better than that)
Pietersen
Flintoff
Collingwood
Jones
Giles
Ali
Gough
Harmison/Wharf
I would agree 100% with this, although no Harmy and Wharf in Batting at no.9

Trescothick

Club Cricketer
ZoraxDoom said:
Let me ask you Threscothick- Have you played against an attack with one of the best pacers in the world, along with 4 other experienced and aggresive bowlers, and chasing 300+ after being 2-1 down in a series at over 6 an over?? Unless you have you have no right to criticize the English Team.

So only other international cricketers are allowed to be critical when England don't play well enough?

I'm a rubbish batsman and probably wouldn't have scored a single run against South Africa, but then I'm not batting for my country. The very fact that they were chasing 300+ meant they should have been more aggressive early on.

I may not be an international cricketer, but I've known, watched and played cricket for a long time. I know what I'm talking about. My criticisms are harsh, but fair and well founded, and I stand by them.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Trescothick said:
So only other international cricketers are allowed to be critical when England don't play well enough?

I'm a rubbish batsman and probably wouldn't have scored a single run against South Africa, but then I'm not batting for my country. The very fact that they were chasing 300+ meant they should have been more aggressive early on.

I may not be an international cricketer, but I've known, watched and played cricket for a long time. I know what I'm talking about. My criticisms are harsh, but fair and well founded, and I stand by them.
If you want to criticize, fine. But don't criticize without thinking about what Vaughan migh have been thinking. Maybe they were trying to keep wickets in hand and go all out in the last 15 or were probably playing to a team plan. It is not right to go on ranting about what they have done unless you were in their shoes. Their first 15 were horrible, admitted, but their was nothing wrong with rest of the innings if you ask me, and if they had accelerated a littles earlier they might have won.
EDIT: What do you know, my 800th post already......

Sureshot

Executive member
thinking about vuaghans innnings. it might have been too slow for us but if it helps him produce one day performances like he can in tests then we will be better off in the long run.

just uised the vBookie thing. i thoguht it was real money bets ROFL

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
Credit to England,but mainly Pietersen for atleast making a match of it.He played superbly well again.And yes,he did hit some big sixes.SA are playing well now and moving up the ranks,but I still think that maybe Klusener should be in for Prince as an extra bowler and a batsmen.

Some major rep points were lost in the last few games,judging by what I saw.....

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Gibbsrules said:
Credit to England,but mainly Pietersen for atleast making a match of it.He played superbly well again.And yes,he did hit some big sixes.SA are playing well now and moving up the ranks,but I still think that maybe Klusener should be in for Prince as an extra bowler and a batsmen.

Some major rep points were lost in the last few games,judging by what I saw.....
I earned quite a few, always had faith on S.A.....

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
So much for my 5-2 prediction. Now I hope England can bounce back with their understrength side and get a 3-3 draw. Would be awesome if they did that.

I remember they did the same in 2001 against India.

Sureshot

Executive member
greencarrot2 said:
As someone said the other day, someone who scores 70 off 94 balls is better than someone who scores 0.

i thought it was slower than that :hpraise vuaghan :hpraise

Trescothick

Club Cricketer
Vaughan's innings as a whole was good. 70 off 94 is a perfect innings in most circumstances. England could have done with him going a little quicker, but someone had to bat through most of the overs, allowing someone like Pietersen to come in and hit. I was only criticising Vaughan's rate of scoring in the first 15 overs.

Users who are viewing this thread