Pakistan tour of West Indies Apr/May 2011

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think his job in the team is to restrict runs and maintain control in one end and let the bowlers around him to bowl more aggressively and take wickets.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Actually its not only westindies but most of the International batsmen are clueless, I was amazed to watch what he did with Sachin Tendulkar in WC SF becuase Sachin is consider to be one of the most solid batsman against spin.

Sachin was clueless against Ajmal in that game.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Rehman is doing a great job, remember he's only a left arm spinner.
Vettori had huge amounts of praise lavished on him, yet Rehman is doing the same thing AND better and being bagged for it.

----------

That missed catch from Samuels has now tipped WI fielding standards in this innings over the edge into the officially "Dreadful" category.

They are making Pakistan look good, and that is saying something.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Taufeeq Umar could be on his way to a century but this isnt a convincing one and I dont see him as Pakistans long term solution. But he has taken his chance so lets hope he makes use of it

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Samuels didn't drop any catches, to my knowledge. Bravo, Sammy and Simmons did.

Bravo has said it's unfair to compare him to Lara. He just wants to be Darren Bravo. I agree with him, because Lara was a great slip fielder and anyone with halfway decent catching ability would have snapped that up. 96 runs later, Taufeeq is making us pay for it.

Sammy's catch was harder, but it was very ordinary as far as slip catches go. He should have gotten it.

I'm not upset about the Simmons drop. He covered a lot of ground, got there, and held on. But the impact with the ground jarred the ball out of his hands. I've not seen someone go airborne like that on a cricket field in a long time.

Pakistan are on target according to my predictions. Tomorrow they will want about 200-220 more, setting us a target of about 450-480 with a day and a session. The talk will be around of the 419 or so we successfully chased against Australia to set the record for the highest successful 4th innings chase. Of course, the only member of the team still around is Sarwan. Chanders was there too, but he's not playing.

I think the pitch is getting flatter and once we decide to start using our feet to the spinners, we can easily bat for a draw.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
If we can get these two out early tomorrow then there's no reason why we can restrict them to about 120 more. But Misbah has proven difficult to get out. And if Akmal gets going, you'll see the West Indian body language going downhill quickly.

Anything around 300 with a full day to go is something we can chase.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Misbah's captaincy and his defensive tactics are getting on my nerve now. I bet if Pakistan can bat to the last ball of today, he will not declare. Thank God, our batting sucks and is liable to be bundled out before lunch.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Taufeeq knew that if he didn't perform in this innings he will be out, so thats why He has made a century.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Game is most likely over.

Disappointing we didnt put a similar performance in the 1st TEST. we could have been winning our first series in the Windies.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
cant see pakistan losing it from here. and magical bowling from ajmal yet again. i will put him above swann as the premier spinner in world cricket. and right about now he seems about as good a offspinner as ive seen in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread