Pakistan tour of West Indies - July 2013

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Batting powerplay, chance for WI to bring the run rate down below 7 to something suitable to chase over the last 10 overs.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Cricket's two very talented but very inconsistent teams playing here. Anything can happen in this series practically.

Ha as i said, it has come to pass. Crazy end to this match.

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Such a stupid decision to give Wahab riaz the final over, What was going on in Misbah's mind, Why not Hafeez. Hafeez's economy rate was 2.66. it was always Hafeez's over. Pakistan Almost won that game , Thanks to our captain ,he saved Riaz for West indies. By the way , When narine took on Ajmal , he was looking like gayle there.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Not sure if Jason Holder of MS Dhoni -_- ,

Wahab Riaz bowled the final over , I am happy see a tie there .

Why not Hafeez. Hafeez's economy rate was 2.66. it was always Hafeez's over.

IMO it should've been Afridi's over , tail-enders facing an experienced leg spinner whose bowl is over-turning with pace , I am sure we've been celebrating now if that happened . Poor captaincy .

The one run which was really a run but they didn't gave it , maybe it could've been the match decider there .

The Shahzad's dismissal was actually a six , that was also a decisive moment . :rolleyes

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Personally, I don't know why when Hafezz was bowling well they took him out of the attack in the middle overs. Should have let him finish.

Riaz shouldn't be given all the blame, Ajmal bowled a worse over previously.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Ah, the influence of t20. :facepalm

Since we're on the subject of teams, I would like to throw my windies odi team in the hat for any comments..............

L.Simmons
J.Charles
M.Samuels
D.Bravo
DJ.Bravo (c)
C.Gayle
D.Ramdin (wk)
D.Sammy
K.Roach
R.Rampaul
S.Narine
I'd still open the innings with Gayle. Maybe I'll push Charles down the order and give a partner like Simmons to Gayle who can hang in there. More often that not, a smasher and a drafter combo has worked for all teams at the opening slot and WI should be no different. I'd do away with Ramdin and keep Holder in the side as Charles is doing a decent job behind the wicket. Bowling looks good as of now. Only change I would have suggested is bringing Taylor in if he had had some professional cricket matches under his belt in the recent past. One last thing, I'd like to see Darren Bravo at #3. He is our anchor and you would not want him to eat up too many balls after the 20th over like the case is with Pakistan with Misbah.

What's wrong with (most of) you subcontinental fans? Has the ipl influenced you that much? There's a reason why teams such as Pakistan are slowly getting worse at test cricket. You're all so obsessed with smashing everything. Misbah is the rock in the pakistani team. He is there for all these so called "flair" players to play around. So why is it them always out and him left standing?! Perhaps there's a lesson for you all to learn there. :mad
I guess Pakistanis and Indians often compare each other's team and the fact that the Indian batting is doing exceedingly well and has went through a smooth transition, I think Pakistanis too want their team to go through the same smooth transition of players but one must agree that India have been lucky to get through the transition phase too smoothly. Also, one thing the Pakistanis might just be overlooking is the fact that India is a mine of batsmen and they have tremendously large pool of players which might not be the case with Pakistan. I, in no way trying to say there are no talented players in Pakistan anymore. The selection committee also comes into play when talking about deserving players a chance. As far as smashing is concerned, maybe it has do with their expertise at bowling in T20 and the fact that if they get some good batters in, they can be one of the teams to beat. I agree with you hands down about Misbah. Pakistanis should understand the fact that he is the only man for them who can hang in there for long periods on consistent basis and they will want to promote him to #3 so that if he plays a knock like he did yesterday, there are both ample number of batsmen and overs left for others to build the innings around him with some pace. Thats exactly what India used to do in ODIs in early 2000s with Rahul Dravid being their innings drafter. Same was the case with Australia with Damien Martyn and Ricky Ponting taking up the job of sheet anchors. Australia were world champions though but you can get the point I'm trying to convey.

Warner Watson

Banned
Gosh! He has faced just 26 balls. Have some mercy on the young lad. Remember your team is Pakistan not India.

Pakistan is better then West Indies.

when WI need 39 runs in 3 overs with only 2 wickets in hand am just shutting of the TV but then i thought i should watch full match, and i watched, in the last over things changed, might be Pakistan win if Umer Akmal don't miss the ball :noway, but he is not regular wicker keeper :noway

----------

Not sure if Jason Holder of MS Dhoni -_- ,

Wahab Riaz bowled the final over , I am happy see a tie there .

IMO it should've been Afridi's over , tail-enders facing an experienced leg spinner whose bowl is over-turning with pace , I am sure we've been celebrating now if that happened . Poor captaincy .

The one run which was really a run but they didn't gave it , maybe it could've been the match decider there .

The Shahzad's dismissal was actually a six , that was also a decisive moment . :rolleyes

am agree with you 100%, poor captaincy and field positions and bowler choice take it away from Pakistan :rolleyes

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I love it how pakistan threw everything away with captains errors! No credit to West Indies tail at all. Geeez you guys.

I did compare Holder with Dhoni didn't I ? :p

@Samuels , yeah I agree with you , Misbah should be promoted to #3 if he doesn't loses his form and currently , he's the run leader in ODIs so he might not lose his form , the other players will get more time to build there innings like Umar Akmal and Haris Sohail , we'll give them chances and they'll prove themselves . Mistakes happen and we learn a lot from mistakes so I forgive 'em .

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
I love it how pakistan threw everything away with captains errors! No credit to West Indies tail at all. Geeez you guys.

Well, The only man I'll credit is Narine, he took on saeed ajmal as if it was Gayle or Pollard. Riaz's last over was The mistake of Misbah, And Holder took full advantage of it.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Well, The only man I'll credit is Narine, he took on saeed ajmal as if it was Gayle or Pollard. Riaz's last over was The mistake of Misbah, And Holder took full advantage of it.

I see, so narine scored all the runs? I suppose you also think if ajmal takes a few wickets that he alone wins the match. There is no I in team. Narine had no choice but to go at the bowler. In fact he got out by going for one to many big shots. Do you also give him credit for that?

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I see, so narine scored all the runs? I suppose you also think if ajmal takes a few wickets that he alone wins the match. There is no I in team. Narine had no choice but to go at the bowler. In fact he got out by going for one to many big shots. Do you also give him credit for that?

Narine do deserve a little credit and so does Roach but most of the credit goes to Holder for converting a loss into a tie , dramatically .

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh

West Indies were all out of Confidence and Hope when they lost Sammy and Pollard, There were no Chances of having a tie, Ajmal(The best pakistani bowler in the team) Got hit for a 6 and two 4s , then there was a chance of a tie. Narine scored 14 off just 4 Against Ajmal.He could have missed the bowl or got out but he played like a hero and he almost did his job there, Holder finished the innings but the main Part was Narine's Hitting.

----------

And I would Credit Ajmal if he Took few but Main big wickets , eg Marlon Samuels, Simmons , Bravo .:thumbs

Last edited:

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Pakistan is better then West Indies.
I'm still trying to understand how is that related to my post.

@Samuels , yeah I agree with you , Misbah should be promoted to #3 if he doesn't loses his form and currently , he's the run leader in ODIs so he might not lose his form , the other players will get more time to build there innings like Umar Akmal and Haris Sohail , we'll give them chances and they'll prove themselves . Mistakes happen and we learn a lot from mistakes so I forgive 'em .
You know I'd have recommended Misbah to open had you had a formidable middle order or you would have been lacking an opener but you have Azhar Ali to take up the opener's job and at the same time your middle order is pretty fragile. Look at how India have utilized Rohit Sharma when he was the weak link in their middle order given his slow nature of game but now that he is an opener, he almost guarantees India of a solid start and the batsmen that follow make the most of the platform he and Shikhar Dhawan set. England too have done the same by sending Ian Bell to open the innings but the important part is both the teams have good middle order batsmen to take the advantage of the opening stand.

You know subcontinent fans are more or less extremists. They make them demigods for their good performance and the same bunch of cricketers become the point of disgust for a series loss or two but thats why cricket is such a big game in the subcontinent. Thats the beauty of it.

West Indies were all out of Confidence and Hope when they lost Sammy and Pollard, There were no Chances of having a tie, Ajmal(The best pakistani bowler in the team) Got hit for a 6 and two 4s , then there was a chance of a tie. Narine scored 14 off just 4 Against Ajmal.He could have missed the bowl or got out but he played like a hero and he almost did his job there, Holder finished the innings but the main Part was Narine's Hitting.

And I would Credit Ajmal if he Took few but Main big wickets , eg Marlon Samuels, Simmons , Bravo .:thumbs
Mate, you don't credit for throwing your wicket away after gaining momentum. Thats where Holder deserves the credit. He, well almost, finished things off for his team. To be there till the end is the key.

As far as Ajmal is concerned, he is no robot and one cannot expect him to take a bunch of wickets in every match he plays. Moreover, he has been off color this year so he would be having that extra pressure on him to return at his best. To return as the dangerous bowler we have known him for the past few years. That would have made things for him a wee bit more difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread