International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am only feeling so dejected. I wonder how MSD must be feeling now!
Hey, I was feeling so dejected as well. I felt the need to curse MSD. Felt so angry at him. But that's the beauty of cricket. Things like this happen[DOUBLEPOST=1472321103][/DOUBLEPOST]I bet many Indian fans were just stunned and angry like me. But you know, everyone probably enjoyed this thriller

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well ... Dhoni is not completely not to blame

For one, he did choose Binny in the team :P And come on, you and the team smash runs at 13rpo for 19 overs and fail to score 8 more in the last over?

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Tbh, MSD is to be blamed. Ofcourse he has won so many matches for us and s##t like this happens once in a while. It's bad luck for Dhoni. (Not taking anything away from bravo bowling beautifully). But in the end, he failed to win the match for us. But he is not the only person to be blamed. Bowlers gave away too many runs. But MSD is in focus because we know he is capable of playing better cricket than this and we expected him to finish it and we were in a winning position in the end.

Anyway I am sure Dhoni is the saddest person amongst all and hope he comes back freshly to face similar pitch and conditions along with the team and play well. Hope we will have an entertaining match tomorrow like they we had today.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Binny is the one to blame.:mad. 32 RUNSin one over!!.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
although I am a very great fan of MSD I think he is the only one to be blamed... You can't blame Binny for bowling bad when no one except Ashwin and Bravo bowled decently..... MSD could have guided it for a single. I had thought even if MSD fails to hit the last one he will at least run for a bye..... But the last thing I thought of was MSD getting out... Well @Saroj padhy would be the most happy person around.

Last edited:

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
And just a quote.... Stuart Binny if you want to copy Broad... Copy his test bowling not his t20 bowling

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
Final Judgement - "No one to be blamed" , sometimes luck also favours

Now we must head on for the final T20 tomorrow
Let's tie this .........:thumbs

B

Bigby Wolf

Similar situation against Zimbabwe this June. 8 needed in the last over
MS was on strike then too but needed 4 from 1

Kl Rahul injury did cause India a Couple of runs too .

Well Dhoni was defensive in the last ball he wanted to nudge down the ball for a single or two.Maybe he wasnt picking those slower deliveries from Bravo.

I think its the beginning of the End for One of the Greatest finishers of All Time.

S

Satan666

Dudes I literally laughed hard lol! India stole defeat from the jaws of victory!

ROFL!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Great game and a stunning advertisement for cricket in America! If they can start building some bigger grounds and continue to have the support of the BCCI, more baby steps can be taken. Right now, the Asian diaspora are flooding the stadium. But if this consistently happens, then the locals will be curious to see "what the hoopla is all about".

On an another note, I do see a few comments here taking implicit barbs of certain earlier posts by talking about the "emotional detachment" at this defeat for India in a T20. Well, I completely understand those feelings. But let me say it comes from the fact that we come from a generation where tests and ODI's were the mainstays and we enjoyed the prospect of players fighting it out over longer periods of time and therefore the emotional buildup and then the experience of heartbreak in the end after having been in it for so long. But I am not sure how a fan who has just started recently in his/her following of cricket, would feel. Most likely, they will feel the same heartbreak about today's match, that we purists feel about test or ODI cricket. Its basically the same as our elders telling us "oh our days were the golden days....". To each one, their era is the golden era.

Similar situation against Zimbabwe this June. 8 needed in the last over
MS was on strike then too but needed 4 from 1

Kl Rahul injury did cause India a Couple of runs too .

Well Dhoni was defensive in the last ball he wanted to nudge down the ball for a single or two.Maybe he wasnt picking those slower deliveries from Bravo.

I think its the beginning of the End for One of the Greatest finishers of All Time.

To be fair to Dhoni, he played a pretty high paced knock for T20 standards. Its the lofty (almost superhuman) expectations from him when it comes to finishing games in the last over that invariably brings these emotions when he fails to achieve that victory. Can't blame him for that last over today.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
On an another note, I do see a few comments here taking implicit barbs
Definitely not a barb :) Just read the argument late .. I agree with some points and do not agree with others

But I am not sure how a fan who has just started recently in his/her following of cricket, would feel. Most likely, they will feel the same heartbreak about today's match, that we purists feel about test or ODI cricket.
IMO It is actually not as bleak a picture as you are trying to paint. I have 3-4 nephews/cousins in the 10-15yr range and they are bigger "purists" than I am, and follow Test matches (alongwith T20 and ODIs) more religiously than I did at their age (and mind you, I was/am a fanatic). I think there is room for all three formats, and I have always believed that. The lineage of purists will continue while the number of casual fans increases as well.

Its basically the same as our elders telling us "oh our days were the golden days....". To each one, their era is the golden era.
Except, when you eventually grow up, you do realize that maybe that generation indeed was better after all. Your taste in classical, old music develops as you grow up as does your taste in movies and other things. Atleast it has happened to me and my sister. Quality will eventually win - Kishore Kumar will trump Honey Singh and Sholay will be appreciated much more than Dhoom 3 by everyone at some point in their life. The same will hold true for Test cricket I think

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
although I am a very great fan of MSD I think he is the only one to be blamed... You can't blame Binny for bowling bad when no one except Ashwin and Bravo bowled decently..... MSD could have guided it for a single. I had thought even if MSD fails to hit the last one he will at least run for a bye..... But the last thing I thought of was MSD getting out... Well @Saroj padhy would be the most happy person around.
Yeah.. Most happiest person..

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
I just wanna say 1 thing to those who are blaming Rahul for not converting those singles to doubles in last over, he is the one who took your teams scorecard to 244. If he goes out earlier then India might have ended up below 150.

Or if water boy played in place of him. India might have scored below 100. :D

Users who are viewing this thread