India's tour of West Indies - July/August 2016

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
LOL We are bowling so bad though and the pitch is just a road to entertain the crowd who has come in.

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Poor Binny.
I can't stop laughing.. :D :D
Look at that face of Dhoni. :p
Worth watching..

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
LOL I am just waiting for the tornado or rain. We will be chasing 300 if that doesn't happen.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Oh my goodness. Stuart Binny :lol

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why do you think ICC will go against the grain of what the audience wants? Ultimately ICC and the boards are driven by business and where the business is higher, the payments are determined accordingly. If the revenues from T20 is huge and the revenues from test cricket not so huge, then the payments to players for T20 leagues/T20's are going to be much higher and therefore much more lucrative than test cricket. Ultimately audience attention drives everything. For the audience, a 3 hr. T20 game is far more entertaining and quicker than a 5 day test match. Those days people used to watch test matches and built up that nostalgia for it because shorter versions were not available. But now it is. This is all "natural progression". Let me put this out now - Test cricket CAN NEVER BE made more lucrative than T20 going forward. That dream can easily be called "unrealistic" and "impossible".

Yes we can make test cricket more exciting but a T20 will always trump it when it comes to the today's mainstream. For e.g. today I can't watch an India test match in its entirety. I only watch end of day highlights. Because I am used to the quick moving things. At the end of the day, its a sport and you do not want a sport to take up substantial amount of time of your life when you could be doing other productive things. Therefore a format which entertains you and at the same time frees up your time will be craved for.
Nice rant. Fabulous. I don't really watch highlights as well, sometimes when matches come, I sometimes watch the match entirely for about a sesion. Do you prefer T20 or Test? That was a really good "essay". Valid points. ACB is trying to attract crowds to Test cricket by introducing the pink ball.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So we have Binny, Ashwin, Jadeja, Bhuvi at 5/6/7/8 .. very strange

If only we had Raina and Yuvraj instead it would given us so much more depth. And I am sure they wouldnt have been any worse with being used as part time spinners

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Nice rant. Fabulous. I don't really watch highlights as well, sometimes when matches come, I sometimes watch the match entirely for about a sesion. Do you prefer T20 or Test? That was a really good "essay". Valid points. ACB is trying to attract crowds to Test cricket by introducing the pink ball.

Those were my viewpoints. Classifying it as a 'rant' is rude. We are having a friendly argument here and I am not here with the intention of trolling.

You watch a session? Well how long is a session? 2 hrs, ~30 overs. How long is a T20? 3 hrs, 40 overs. People can watch 2 T20 games for one single day of test cricket. That's 10 games for a single test match. Which one people are going to prefer? If this option was available to people in those days, test cricket might not have been as popular. No other sport in the world wastes 5 days to get a result for a single game (and that too a result isn't guaranteed - a draw is also likely after toiling for 5 days).

The only reason why I want tests to survive and keep happening is because of the nostalgia (well I was born in that era when the great players made test cricket entertaining enough) and for its uniqueness. I don't have any attachment whatsoever to the format itself (people talk all about it being a test of skill at highest level - well I don't really see the need to test skills at that amount of expense of time). And to make it entertaining and relevant, my proposal is to make it elite. That way, it remains among countries who have a history for test cricket and also who are really competitive enough to make the format entertaining.

So we have Binny, Ashwin, Jadeja, Bhuvi at 5/6/7/8 .. very strange

If only we had Raina and Yuvraj instead it would given us so much more depth. And I am sure they wouldnt have been any worse with being used as part time spinners

Again... Terrible team selection. Looks like India do not really care about this game.

Last edited:

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Saw this hilarious comment- "Well who had been most tensed throughout this game?? Obiously Its not players from either the team. Its must have been Richard Levi."

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Those were my viewpoints. Classifying it as a 'rant' is rude. We are having a friendly argument here and I am not here with the intention of trolling.

You watch a session? Well how long is a session? 2 hrs, ~30 overs. How long is a T20? 3 hrs, 40 overs. People can watch 2 T20 games for one single day of test cricket. That's 10 games for a single test match. Which one people are going to prefer? If this option was available to people in those days, test cricket might not have been as popular. No other sport in the world wastes 5 days to get a result for a single game (and that too a result isn't guaranteed - a draw is also likely after toiling for 5 days).

The only reason why I want tests to survive and keep happening is because of the nostalgia (well I was born in that era when the great players made test cricket entertaining enough) and for its uniqueness. I don't have any attachment whatsoever to the format itself (people talk all about it being a test of skill at highest level - well I don't really see the need to test skills at that amount of expense of time). And to make it entertaining and relevant, my proposal is to make it elite. That way, it remains among countries who have a history for test cricket and also who are really competitive enough to make the format entertaining.

Again... Terrible team selection. Looks like India do not really care about this game.
Sorry dude...... I didn't mean rant in a bad way....... I said your points your points were valid, and in that way, I liked what you said. Some great points. We aren't even arguing at all.:D. Dhoni said exactly what you said- he doesn't understand why he needs to be in the field for five days... You seem to be throwing your support towards both t20 and test. Do you want t20 to dominate or tests. When people get into cricket, they need to be aware that Test will and always be the original format of cricket. Test cricket has a part of somewhat stimulating your mind, making you a more patient person and concentration is a big factor. In T20, all pretty much you do is hit out and it doesn't help you be mentally strong as in Test cricket. Again, I apoligize for calling your post a rant. Besides I wasn't trolling at all.

Last edited:

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Man, I wish I was there in Florida........... What a fantastic game!!!! Binny is the most useless cricket along side Shahid Afridi. Hardik Pandya is way better than Binny!!!!! This is a fantastic game! I wonder if the Lauderdale officials wanted the most flat pitch ever to cover the fact that last few months there haven't been big scores at all.

Users who are viewing this thread