India's tour of West Indies - July/August 2016

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
Just too much politics beteween pak and in. POLITICS THAT HAVE TO DO WITH YOUR CO UNTRY HAVE NO PLACE IN CRICKET. That's the main problem why we don't see in and pak play

Then what about the attacks ?
-------------------------------------------------

We still get them to play against each other at ICC events. And that's the big point.

Last edited:

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Why on Earth would want the amount of test nations reduced...

Because calling Bangladesh and WI test playing nations is a joke. Test cricket is the epitome of competition. It deserves only the best playing it. I think you and I have had numerous discussions to know how much we love test cricket. I'm an Indian and although I still watched the Ind-WI series, it was an absolute snooze fest. It's not hard to fathom that WI public and cricketers themselves don't give two cents about test cricket.

At the moment, cricket is shoved down our throats. There's a lot of quantity and very seldom really good quality.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Very well, the ICC must consider the negligence of West Indies board seriously. If they have a hint of the game being effected by rain then they could've made alternative arrangements like moving the game to some other grounds. While this seems impossible because a game can't be moved without a valid reason.

Atleast, they could've brought in the equipements required to work on the ground from other nearest grounds. They don't have supersoopers, they don't have good outfield etc... I read somewhere (maybe a cricket blog) that the ground is a sand based and will take hours of sunshine to get completely fit for a game.

It is very unlikely we have the game in the final day which doesn't even matter after 3 1/2 days washout.

Congrats to Pakistan on being the top no.1 test team. I believe the fans here like @Na Maloom Afraad & @Cereal Killer must be very happy to see their team at the top.

:)

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I think WI will become strong once again r at least strong enough to compete with other test nations if they retain the players they have right now and give them some experience rather than throwing them away. I think I mentioned it in this thread that the team they put in the third test was probably their best team. The team they have right now is very young team apart from Samuels. They need to be patient with these players and allow them to gain some experiance. I am pretty sure they will improve with more experiance.

On the series overall, I think India looked pretty good. We would have won this series 4-0 if not for rain. I don't see many changes for the home series against NZ.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Then what about the attacks ?
-------------------------------------------------

We still get them to play against each other at ICC events. And that's the big point.
I meant in either India or the UAE. Indians and Pakistanis would want to see their teams play at their home of cricket. At ICC events, there's no terrorists or Shiv Sena people to disrupt so it works just fine

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
I meant in either India or the UAE. Indians and Pakistanis would want to see their teams play at their home of cricket. At ICC events, there's no terrorists or Shiv Sena people to disrupt so it works just fine

The Indian Government will not give permission . If they give , then the violators will dig the pitch :facepalm:facepalm

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
The Indian Government will not give permission . If they give , then the violators will dig the pitch :facepalm:facepalm
We should stay away from the political topics and move on to the 2-T20s in the US.

Ashwin deserved the MOS. Let's hope some good and competitive games in the series ahead.

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
We should stay away from the political topics and move on to the 2-T20s in the US.

Ashwin deserved the MOS. Let's hope some good and competitive games in the series ahead.

Oh Yeah ! Baseball [HASHTAG]#HOMERUN[/HASHTAG] ;)

USACricNerd

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just got finished watching the series on Willow after I was out of the country for a couple of weeks.... Here are my thoughts coming from the perspective of a West Indies supporter as it seems like this thread is dominated by India fans:

1) It's pretty obvious at this point that the opening pair for India should be KL Rahul and M Vijay. I've been watching India for two years now since their tour of England and outside of a couple of scores against poor opposition, I don't understand his selection. It's as though if you give him a five-test run, he'll get you one fifty, a few twenties, and a bunch of single-figures.
2) Looked to me as if India was almost using this series as a tester to sort out their lineup for more critical home series against New Zealand, England, and Australia (what a home season for the Indians, by the way!). Jadeja was going to get a game no matter what because of how threatening he usually is at home and West Indian pitches usually provide the closest counterpart to the subcontinent outside Asia. I think it's easier to justify his selection if you consider him as an out-and-out bowler rather than as an all-rounder. I like him better than Amit Mishra and I'm really not sure why - perhaps it's his fielding chops.
3) I really do hope this ends up being the end for Marlon Samuels in Tests for WI. He occupies such an important batting position at #4 and just doesn't seem to be interested in investing the necessary effort to play Test cricket anymore. His body language stinks and his effort in the field leaves much to be desired. West Indies need to go all the way young and commit to an overhaul at the Test level if the WICB won't pay the big guns to come back.
4) That being said, I think WI found a number of legit young guys to be part of the side for years to come.
- Roston Chase was probably the Windies' Man of the Series, and his temperament seems to be great for the long format. He's not a first-choice spinner, but I think he could be made into a #4 to replace Samuels.
- Shane Dowrich was excellent behind the stumps and showed a bit of ability with the bat as well. With more time and more matches under his belt, he has the look of a fine keeper-batsman.
- Alzarri Joseph looked outstanding in his opening spell in Test cricket and he should be a fine classic West Indian quick for years to come.
5) For as effective as Jason Holder can be as a white-ball bowler, his defensive style doesn't really play well in the red-ball game. He needs to add about a yard of pace, and if he does that, he might be able to use his height to become a threatening short-ball artist. He is far too quick to go on the defensive in his captaincy also, which is just maddening as a WI fan.

West Indies are slowly starting to piece together a side in Test cricket that can be functional:
1) K Brathwaite
2) nothing yet
3) DM Bravo
4) Chase - this is where he belongs
5) J Blackwood
6) need one more pure attacking batsman here
7) Dowrich (wk)
8) Holder (c)
9) need a world-class spin weapon
10) Cummins
11) Joseph

Gabriel is a little too brittle for me to be counted on down the road. So an opener to pair with Brathwaite, a legitimate spin threat, and one more batsman who can score a counter-attacking hundred when the occasion calls for it, and now West Indies are looking like a real Test side. The guys listed are all very young, mostly under 24, and will benefit greatly from upcoming series against BAN, ZIM, and SL to gain more experience.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Which I mean Shiv Sena. They just ruin the India- Pakistan matches. Idiots :mad

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Jus wondering. Maybe off topic, but did anyone expierience something like that this site had been hacked by some nigerian group? Jus wondering that it did not happen just to me.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Seriously, players pretry much want money. In T20, you see players recieving so much money, plus you see by playing T20 cricket many players who have retired are still able to be wealthy. Now, ICC shold lower the cost of players payments in T20''s and more in Tests. Due to this we could many of the top players who dominated in T20 leagues, flock to Test. The young players, they are always looking to play T20, but the ICC needs to shift the young audience focus towards Test cricket. The more demand for it, less for test cricket at risk of extinction. This could maybe be one way to save test cricket or what. I don't think anyone would really care if T20 was at risk. Test cricket is and always the original format in cricket

Why do you think ICC will go against the grain of what the audience wants? Ultimately ICC and the boards are driven by business and where the business is higher, the payments are determined accordingly. If the revenues from T20 is huge and the revenues from test cricket not so huge, then the payments to players for T20 leagues/T20's are going to be much higher and therefore much more lucrative than test cricket. Ultimately audience attention drives everything. For the audience, a 3 hr. T20 game is far more entertaining and quicker than a 5 day test match. Those days people used to watch test matches and built up that nostalgia for it because shorter versions were not available. But now it is. This is all "natural progression". Let me put this out now - Test cricket CAN NEVER BE made more lucrative than T20 going forward. That dream can easily be called "unrealistic" and "impossible".

Yes we can make test cricket more exciting but a T20 will always trump it when it comes to the today's mainstream. For e.g. today I can't watch an India test match in its entirety. I only watch end of day highlights. Because I am used to the quick moving things. At the end of the day, its a sport and you do not want a sport to take up substantial amount of time of your life when you could be doing other productive things. Therefore a format which entertains you and at the same time frees up your time will be craved for.

Users who are viewing this thread