India's tour of West Indies - July/August 2016

Aye! Rain, rain go away! Indian fans want o see their team play!

The first and only time I'm happy that no cricket has been played today.

How the hell was there no SuperSopper? If there was, then India could still have stood a chance. I still don't really Pakistan should be No.1. I feel they are not consistent enough. Though the Indians can still take back the No.1 ranking in the following series

TBH, I don't think there is any team right now in world cricket who is worthy of number 1 position. However, Pakistan for now does deserve that position simply because of their performance overseas. Again, that does not mean they don't have flaws. Every team has flaws but Pakistan currently might be the only team who can challenge opposition teams in their homeground. India and England will catch up soon though because once Younis and Misbah retires, Pakistan will have some real trouble.

The first and only time I'm happy that no cricket has been played today.
Well, your wish is true!! :D 3 days practically washed out cause of insufficient equipment and no SuperSopper. Well, it's going to be tough when Misbah and Younus Khan retires. Congrats to Pakistan :thumbs:clap

I'm not into these ridiculous rankings, though Pakistan thoroughly deserve to be called the best test team. Do WI deserve test match status and it's absolutely ridiculous that 3 days of sunshine and yet no play. What a JOKE!

Why on Earth would want the amount of test nations reduced...

I would love it and would not mind at all if the no of test nations is reduced. I strongly believe we are looking at a future where test cricket is going to become elite in order to preserve interest in it. Test cricket will be 'elite', ODI will be the 'middle ground' and T20 will be the game's 'mainstream'

I would love it and would not mind at all if the no of test nations is reduced. I strongly believe we are looking at a future where test cricket is going to become elite in order to preserve interest in it. Test cricket will be 'elite', ODI will be the 'middle ground' and T20 will be the game's 'mainstream'

Assuring Test cricket dies out and T20 cricket becomes the only format? Cutting the rest of the world off from test cricket will do nothing but destroy it...

Assuring Test cricket dies out and T20 cricket becomes the only format? Cutting the rest of the world off from test cricket will do nothing but destroy it...

Test cricket won't die out if countries are cut off from it. By making test cricket 'elite', you sustain good interest in it. For e.g. if countries like Australia, England, South Africa, India and New Zealand play test cricket, it will still get good following because of the quality of the teams and the following they have irrespective of the format. The contests become more entertaining and the interest in the games increase. Countries like West Indies are seeing massive declines in test cricket (some of their players have even said that they dont mind if test cricket dies) and if they are really keen on test cricket, they better show it by building their team to that level and also churn up big following within their country for the format.

To promote the game, use T20. But test cricket will do good by keeping it 'elite'. In fact right now, apart from the Ashes, there is no other bilateral series that generates excitement and interest (even India v Pakistan is dying down because of the lack of fizz in Pakistan cricket in recent times - I know this comment is going to evoke a few patriotic responses, but I am saying what I think is the fact). In fact, India v Australia is more exciting than India v Pakistan.

even India v Pakistan is dying down because of the lack of fizz in Pakistan cricket in recent times - I know this comment is going to evoke a few patriotic responses, but I am saying what I think is the fact
The way we play Test cricket might not be attractive these days, but is sure is effective. The results are in front of you.

Test cricket won't die out if countries are cut off from it. By making test cricket 'elite', you sustain good interest in it. For e.g. if countries like Australia, England, South Africa, India and New Zealand play test cricket, it will still get good following because of the quality of the teams and the following they have irrespective of the format. The contests become more entertaining and the interest in the games increase. Countries like West Indies are seeing massive declines in test cricket (some of their players have even said that they dont mind if test cricket dies) and if they are really keen on test cricket, they better show it by building their team to that level and also churn up big following within their country for the format.

To promote the game, use T20. But test cricket will do good by keeping it 'elite'. In fact right now, apart from the Ashes, there is no other bilateral series that generates excitement and interest (even India v Pakistan is dying down because of the lack of fizz in Pakistan cricket in recent times - I know this comment is going to evoke a few patriotic responses, but I am saying what I think is the fact). In fact, India v Australia is more exciting than India v Pakistan.

Your theory is all very great but it's so unnecessary. Why must we keep it elite? If you take away West Indies' test status they will never re-earn it. If T20 is used to raise interest then no one will be interested in tests. I guarantee you this method will mean test cricket does out. All the finances will be pushed into T20s as its the main event. All the time will be dedicated to T20s. If you want cricket to be global then let Afghanistan host India, Bangladesh, West Indies and Zimbabwe. Let Ireland and the Netherlands tour England, Aus, SA and NZ for tests. That's how you make cricket global. Distributing the main format to more countries so the countries who don't get it become more motivated to invest in cricket as they now can actually earn test status and the financial benefits will be huge when Afghanistan host/tour India.

Seriously, players pretry much want money. In T20, you see players recieving so much money, plus you see by playing T20 cricket many players who have retired are still able to be wealthy. Now, ICC shold lower the cost of players payments in T20''s and more in Tests. Due to this we could many of the top players who dominated in T20 leagues, flock to Test. The young players, they are always looking to play T20, but the ICC needs to shift the young audience focus towards Test cricket. The more demand for it, less for test cricket at risk of extinction. This could maybe be one way to save test cricket or what. I don't think anyone would really care if T20 was at risk. Test cricket is and always the original format in cricket

Last edited:
The way we play Test cricket might not be attractive these days, but is sure is effective. The results are in front of you.
Just too much politics beteween pak and in. POLITICS THAT HAVE TO DO WITH YOUR CO UNTRY HAVE NO PLACE IN CRICKET. That's the main problem why we don't see in and pak play

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread