Speed Gun

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Such a big tournament and there is no speed gun? :mad The speed is shown but after every 3-4 deliveries. What the hell is wrong?

Last edited:

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I guess there are some problems with score bar. It update very late.

ferg512

International Coach
Yeah its a joke they've got the fancy graphics and everything, but no speed gun. That scoreboard thing is huge and tells you pointless crap but when it comes to something you actually do want to know they dont show it.

Chewie

BCCI President
And when the speed does show up it doesn't seem to be right half the time. Bennett was 120s and then suddenly 140s and it looked exactly the same speed

ferg512

International Coach
Yeah I was just about to mention that, it looked like his quickest ball and it was 120s.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Actually in the last match it was Virat Kohli on strike for about 2-3 balls but on scorebar it was written as "STRIKER: Virender Sehwag"

Zaxotes

National Board President
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
the present score bar is really informative...

khalek

Panel of Selectors
This is just so disappointing. You have spent so much on this world cup but you can't have a speed gun. This is 2011 cricket world cup not 1975, it's considered the biggest event in the game and it should have all the technologies perfect.

They better fix it ASAP otherwise it's gonna be really annoying for the fans.

Last edited:

darthlewis1

Club Captain
And when the speed does show up it doesn't seem to be right half the time. Bennett was 120s and then suddenly 140s and it looked exactly the same speed

It also said one of the Canadian spin bowlers speed was 67 mph(107kph), when the delivery was clearly around 50mph.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
I was very irritated with no star or any other appropriate sign being next to batsmen on strike since the warmups. I tweeted @espncricinfo, @cwcscores and @cricketicc about it and it a star was then added. Thank me guys. :D ;)

Tbh, I'm not at all bothered with the speeds and such stuff.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Actually I am.So even tell em to put up efficient speed guns which measures correct speeds and shows up just after the delivery is bowled.And also tell em to remove P1, P2 and P3, when powerplay is not actually enforced.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Come on dude, they are not gonna listen to me. The complaint regarding the star next to the name of the batsman on strike would've come up from many guys and I was just one of them. :)

----------

P1, P2 and P3, when powerplay is not actually enforced.
That actually is very useful. It says that how many powerplays are used and helps in analyzing the final score, I personally like that feature. :)

Users who are viewing this thread