Speed Gun

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
They still haven't really fixed it as when it does come up its really delayed, it will come up after the ball hits the rope in the case of a boundary.

I cant remember star cricket having the rights for the last world cup, did they?? I also wanted to know why the heck they have player pictures when they show the scorecard?? You cant even see who the other players are in the lineup.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Screw you ESPNSTAR.

Come on ! Don't be so harsh on them. They are doing a much better job than the agency last time round- I guess it was Nimbus. Look at the picture quality that ESS has to offer. Nimbus sucked at that.

Watch the highlights of the last World Cup and you will clearly see the difference.

I cant remember star cricket having the rights for the last world cup, did they?? I also wanted to know why the heck they have player pictures when they show the scorecard?? You cant even see who the other players are in the lineup.

Star did not have the rights for the last WC. It was with Nimbus and in India the pictures were carried around by Sony/ MSM Media.

The player pictures seem nice to me. Good innovation by Star, I'd say.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Yeah I must admit the picture quality is really much much better than previous world cup but the scorecard problems are really starting to piss me off.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Geez, some people just like to complain about everything.

Couldn't care less about the bowling speeds and scorecard issues--we're unlikely to see someone break the fastest ball record in this World Cup. Scorecards can easily be looked up on Cricinfo and it seems like most people here are on the internet when they are watching the games.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Geez, some people just like to complain about everything.

Couldn't care less about the bowling speeds and scorecard issues--we're unlikely to see someone break the fastest ball record in this World Cup. Scorecards can easily be looked up on Cricinfo and it seems like most people here are on the internet when they are watching the games.

No, this is not just complaining about everything. Bowling speeds have become an essential part to watching a cricket match these days and it's a requirement to have it for any broadcaster.

P

pcfan123

NO offense but thats just you making up excuses for their incompetence. Bowling speeds are very important

----------

Shravi beat me to it

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
No, this is not just complaining about everything. Bowling speeds have become an essential part to watching a cricket match these days and it's a requirement to have it for any broadcaster.

As long as bowling speeds don't find their way into the rule books I am fine with it not being shown. If there is a new law that says that a delivery bowled at less than 85mph is a 'no ball', well in that case, the speed gun is important. You don't really decide your team strategy on the basis of the same.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
This is pathetic. Even when they show the speeds, it's wrong. Managed to catch some of Shoaib's bowling today, and he bowled a slow bouncer that clocked at 150. Even Akram was like wth, get those guns fixed.

ferg512

International Coach
I'm starting to think there is no speed gun at all and they are just guessing the speeds or something..

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
They use hotspot in England, maybe they just aren't supplying them to the sub-continent.

I remember reading that they didn't want them gone for such a long period of time, and traveling between so many countries constantly which risks damage. There is an article on cricinfo, can't be bothered to find it at the moment though.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Afridi bowled a delivery at a speed of 130kmph in yesterday's match!

Users who are viewing this thread