Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I baffled to see people complain about the pollution and not discuss about the actual game of Cricket. Look, Delhi is clearly the most polluted city in India and it's very harmful for outsiders, agreed. What it is to do with the game of Cricket? If the players are not able to accept and adopt to the conditions, it's clearly not the fault of the country or the host team or the Cricket management.

I completely agree with Kushal. If the players are having very poor immune power or unfit for the conditions then it's their fault said Arun Bharat which is very true. Even the Indian batsmen have played on the ground in which the SL players suffered. Yes, there are few local players in the lineup who are used to condition, but how the hell it is healthy for local people and unhealthy or hazardous for the visiting people? Both are equally effected, it is that locals can survive in the conditions while the others can't?

The physio of SL was the first one to inform the umpire about the situation yesterday and he was the one to wear the whites to field as a substitute to the vomiting players. He could have clearly protested to take the field under such conditions. Why didn't he? Indian bowlers have bowled 90 overs today but they didn't face such problems that SL players faced. In fact, the pollution index today had recorded the highest readings among the past 3 days. The Indian bowlers should've suffered today which didn't happen. Now don't say that Jadeja, Ashwin or Bhuvi were the local players.

Ultimately, it's the referee Boron who takes the decision and he was very clear to continue the game and see if the Indian players will face any problems and then decide to continue or not. And after seeing what was the outcome today, the game will continue...

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Look, Delhi is clearly the most polluted city in India and it's very harmful for outsiders, agreed. What it is to do with the game of Cricket?
It has to do with the game of cricket in the sense that outsiders are playing cricket there, which shouldn't be happening in such conditions.
If the players are not able to accept and adopt to the conditions, it's clearly not the fault of the country or the host team or the Cricket management.
I never said it's the fault of the country or something like that but clearly BCCI should know better. A Ranji game was called off recently for the same reasons.
I completely agree with Kushal. If the players are having very poor immune power or unfit for the conditions then it's their fault said Arun Bharat which is very true.
So let's host a series in England in December. It's not the fault of the cricket management if the players can't adapt to the freezing temperatures. They clearly should adopt to the conditions.
The physio of SL was the first one to inform the umpire about the situation yesterday and he was the one to wear the whites to field as a substitute to the vomiting players. He could have clearly protested to take the field under such conditions. Why didn't he? Indian bowlers have bowled 90 overs today but they didn't face such problems that SL players faced. In fact, the pollution index today had recorded the highest readings among the past 3 days. The Indian bowlers should've suffered today which didn't happen. Now don't say that Jadeja, Ashwin or Bhuvi were the local players.
Have you considered the fact that people can have different bodies, different immune systems?

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Unlike you, I don't base my opinion on what 'experts' feel. I'm not triggered by anyone here or the experts. The 'trigger' you used yesterday was a fine example of your immaturity.
What exactly did i do when i triggered you? Is my nationality that triggers you? I think so.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
What exactly did i do when i triggered you? Is my nationality that triggers you? I think so.

If you don't know what you did I will just leave it at that. It's a farce if you think your nationality triggered me off, specially considering how much we have discussed Indo-Pak and Pakistan cricket itself. Also, I realise this isn't the place to follow up our argument/fight. I don't want to make life miserable for the moderators here who do a special job. I will sort it out with you on PM when I'm a bit cool.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
It has to do with the game of cricket in the sense that outsiders are playing cricket there, which shouldn't be happening in such conditions.
It can't be changed now. It (pollution) was internationally most talked issue and SL surely knew about it. They could've changed the venue when BCCI announced the schedule.

I never said it's the fault of the country or something like that but clearly BCCI should know better. A Ranji game was called off recently for the same reasons.
Not their fault either. They did what they should. Delhi is having the most entertaining and interesting crowd and one of the best stadiums in India. India - NZ had recently played in this ground (Nov 1 to be more precise) they didn't have any issue.
So let's host a series in England in December. It's not the fault of the cricket management if the players can't adapt to the freezing temperatures. They clearly should adopt to the conditions
If they want to and agree upon, then why not? If you are pointing out the match being played even after knowing the condition, then read my reply to your first quote above.
Have you considered the fact that people can have different bodies, different immune systems?
That's what I'm talking about. If some bodies (those 4 SL players) have different immune system from the other 20,000 people in the stadium then it's not the fault of BCCI?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Just to be clear with my post, I'm just advocating the nature and it's conditions. We can't avoid once it's already taken place. Hence nothing can be done once the game is started other than calling off the game. If they were really concerned about the conditions, they could have changed the venue when the schedule was announced. I believe SL did want to play in that ground. :)

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
The main thing is that the SL cricketers did not do the mask fiasco intentionally to waste time.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It can't be changed now. It (pollution) was internationally most talked issue and SL surely knew about it. They could've changed the venue when BCCI announced the schedule.

Not their fault either. They did what they should. Delhi is having the most entertaining and interesting crowd and one of the best stadiums in India. India - NZ had recently played in this ground (Nov 1 to be more precise) they didn't have any issue.

If they want to and agree upon, then why not? If you are pointing out the match being played even after knowing the condition, then read my reply to your first quote above.

That's what I'm talking about. If some bodies (those 4 SL players) have different immune system from the other 20,000 people in the stadium then it's not the fault of BCCI?
The BCCI president is taking it as some sort of national insult, it seems. Do you really think the BCCI would've shifted the game? They probably would've taken the request to do so as an insult too.
But anyway, seems like national pride comes before sensible decision making for some people. I'll leave it at that. No more posts on this topic for me.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
The BCCI president is taking it as some sort of national insult, it seems. Do you really think the BCCI would've shifted the game? They probably would've taken the request to do so as an insult too.
But anyway, seems like national pride comes before sensible decision making for some people. I'll leave it at that. No more posts on this topic for me.
They would've surely shifted on request. One of the instances when there was communist people protesting, they did shift the match from the scheduled venue to secondary venue.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Pretty sure everything's been tested before an international match is commenced and after both teams agree to play. Situation in Delhi is very well-known and is being taken care of, not really sure if there's any need of a debate. All I find from the last few pages are discussions about the weather, and no Cricket.

On topic:
Great comeback by us, Chandimal and Mathews played very well - especially the skipper and took SL to a decent total.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

Perhaps, even Ganguly is an absolute joke. Some people over here find it difficult to read. I clearly said that the situation at Delhi needs to change. BUT, was it as bad as it was made out to be by SL? Absolutely not! The Indians fielded for 44 overs just fine. Yes, they had a bit of trouble too but it was blown out of proportion far too much!

Not one person here has explained the critical question I asked which Ganguly does as well? Why were the masks off with bats in hand? It was a clear cut case of someone using a serious issue in a nation's capital to escape their pathetic performance!
24312850_1760114867631821_6980563202259408559_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread