Steam update for DBC17 released

gang_s

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This patch is definitely a step in the right direction. Batting is responsive, even the AI seems more normal.
The only thing that bothers me, even on Easy, I rarely get Bowled or LBW dismissals while bowling. This was on T20, have not played other formats after patch 4. Anyone else faced something similar?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Had a interesting LBW dismissal where I ducked under a short pitched ball which stayed low and was struck on the upper body. Out LBW which was absolutely correct!

Also changes to custom modifiers seem only to take effect if "Custom" Batting is selected.
thats how it ssupposed to work? only the physics modifiers work in any difficulty settings, the batting and bowlong modifiers must inly work when CUSTOM difficulty is selected for batting/bowling. Which modifiers are u talking about?

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This patch is definitely a step in the right direction. Batting is responsive, even the AI seems more normal.
The only thing that bothers me, even on Easy, I rarely get Bowled or LBW dismissals while bowling. This was on T20, have not played other formats after patch 4. Anyone else faced something similar?
I found it was an issue before patch 4 so it really hasnt been addressed in the new patch

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Can anybody comment on this bug , if this is still observed?

Any fixes in progress , if not then how many people want to get this bug fixed on priority? I copied this from bug reporting thread.

Does everybody feel this as priority like I do? Comments on this are appreciated ...thanks all !

Issue (one line description): Team lineups are same across all formats.
Bug description (detail): 1. I agree that system is auto generating the line ups for all team, but you cannot play with same playing XI across all formats under career mode.
2. My career player got international selection into England Team and I played so far with Bangladesh, India & Zimbabwe .
All three teams have same lineups across all formats.

This bug is a big disappointment in career mode please correct on priority.
Atleast can it have an option to decide auto lineup selection or not based on settings? As in DBC 14 what ever lineup we assign to the format it was used to pick up...seeing the same players through out the tournament across formats looks non realastic.
@BigAntStudios @MattW

Last edited:

Rising Flock

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This certainly will be fixed, we had to pull it out of the build Sunday as it caused an issue. It'll be put back in today.

Great work by BA having fixed more than a dozen issues! Bravo! :clap

It would be great :thumbs if the following could also be looked into (unless of course, BA is already looking into them ;))

1. Eyewear available in the academy but not appearing in the game; :spy

2. Rain effects and playing in actual rain for an over or two before the interim (just like it was in DBC'14). I read that BA is trying to make it gloomy while it is overcast but is the display of rain also being considered?;

3. Has the D/L issue been fixed?: I played with the new build yesterday but didn't encounter D/L and hence, would like to know if someone experienced the D/L in this build and if yes, if the outcome was appropriate; and

4. A slight increase in the tally of dismissals through LBW and clean bowled would certainly help. :yes

@MattW @HBK619

Cheers!

Last edited:

Ozzie_SAP

Club Cricketer
thats how it ssupposed to work? only the physics modifiers work in any difficulty settings, the batting and bowlong modifiers must inly work when CUSTOM difficulty is selected for batting/bowling. Which modifiers are u talking about?

Bug reporting: I'm changing my gameplay modifiers but when I save and get back they are changed back to default. I don't know why I'm unable to save my gameplay modifier settings/ values?

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Awesome update in the series of updates to follow..

@MattW @HBK619 Highly appreciate...your efforts & hardwork

Lovely patch... Finally
Several smoothening & improvements...
The color scheme of the new markers are really awesome.. Earlier several times due to bright pitch color the yellow & green markers would be difficult to figure out but not now...

I would like to point out a small bug (i feel)
After almost every delivery there is a "field changed" notification (i saw it while playing in my career mode) however whn i check to see whats changed from the previous delivery, i fail to see any field changes & the field seem to be th same...

I dont know if this is a genuine bug or cud there be a micro change in fields which may nt be visible to the naked eye...

This makes me keep looking for the field change every delivery even when there is none... causing unnecessary delay in gameplay...

what say? @grkrama @blockerdave @IndieGameDev @Llewelynf

Hope u fix this in the upcoming patches sir @MattW @HBK619

Thanx

Last edited:

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Also I dont know if this was there since beginning...

While on the team selection page in any match or tourney...- you can quickly toggle team lineups by simply pressing LB& RB...to ODI/Test/T20...

Its really handy for quickplay

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Also I dont know if this was there since beginning...

While on the team selection page in any match or tourney...- you can quickly toggle team lineups by simply pressing LB& RB...to ODI/Test/T20...

Its really handy for quickplay
I think this is not applicable for career mode ... AI selects teams automatically if though we assign different teams for different formats

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I think this is not applicable for career mode ... AI selects teams automatically if though we assign different teams for different formats
yes I know its not for career mode...

I found it while starting a casual match....

Col. Hans Landa

Club Captain
Played a quick T20 match against Zimbabwe 90s. My first game in more than a couple of months. Have to say that the game looks more complete now. AI's shot selection is improved. You can also look up the batsman's weakness by pressing LS.

All the batsmen were out caught.
4 in the circle, 3 by keeper and 3 on the boundary.
It was delightful to see the variety of edges. Kind of felt like Franco's patch for DBC14.

The only problem I noticed was that the gameplay sliders aren't sticking after making the changes.

Cheers BigAnt!

sandy50

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Can anyone tell me if the AI spreads the field after PP in T20? Is that been fixed?

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
There is definitely a slight improvement in the Stamina/Fitness drain especially in the career mode...but still the rate of drain must be a lot lower...

when we hit say 2-3 boundaries the stamina drains around 4-5% and its even more whn playing attacking shots down the track...

It drains so quickly in bowling...15-20% per over that too in a wrist spinner...

Hope they fix it to a reasonable rate in the upcoming patches...[DOUBLEPOST=1493615236][/DOUBLEPOST]Have they introduced broadcast & cameras in training mode???

It was an annoying bug since i am used to batting in the broadcast camera mode ever since the DBC14 era...

@BigAntStudios @HBK619 @MattW @blockerdave @grkrama

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Although the batting camera has a broadcast camera, It would be great to have a TV like broadcast camera.

Presently after a shot is hit the camera immediately reverts to a spider camera like angle that too from an angle behind the batsman..Its good although as we get a perfect judgement for running 1s&2s based on where the ball is in relation to the fielders...

However the same thing can be achieved if that same spider like cam was kept in "front of the batsman" [unlike now i.e behind / square of the batsman]. Best would be on the sight screen as we seen in the TV broadcast

I found this camera in the initial DBC 17 demo in the ground training mode where the camera is fixed at the sight screen & it just followed the ball zooming in & out wherever the ball flew.... @grkrama @blockerdave knows it well what I am referring to...

Can anyone suggest camera combos to get the real (or close to real ) TV broadcast feel???

@BigAntStudios @HBK619 @MattW It would be so wonderful for the game if you could tweak the broadcast camera to a more real TV broadcast like ??

Many thanx...[DOUBLEPOST=1493616083][/DOUBLEPOST]
When your looking for that breakthrough you need someone to produce that bit of magic

WOWW!!!

That looks so crazily real...

Also great work with the camera angle in the replay mode

Cheeers mate

Users who are viewing this thread