Super 8: 13th Match NZ v Ireland

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Give Redmond a bowl McCullum, we can't have the best leg-spinner in this world cup not get used.

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
Everybody in batting contributed except McCullum..but anyway its really a good score,198 in 20 overs is very good score

nikhil_99

International Coach
Great batting performance by Redmond ,even good contribution from Styris, Guptill,they will win by a big big margin....

nz0003

International Cricketer
Gun performance from the boys in black, thats all we could expect with the team we had.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
It was a good win, couldn't really ask for anymore against Ireland. Now lets see how Redmond goes against the top two teams.

Blackhat

School Cricketer
Pretty good game all up I feel, Redmond surprised me though. Hopefully Taylor is right for the next because by the sounds of it Vettori will not be back in time.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
NZ are starting to look really good when their middle order fires like that. N McCullum is going very nicely with the ball and we know what he can do with the bat. Shame about Butler though, he was looking good this tournament.

irottev

School Cricketer
Oh great...Now our best paceman is injured. They said it was a precaution, I hope it's not bad. Send over Shane Bond as cover ASAP.

We did a great job. B McCullum in the field was exceptional. I've never seen someone so impressive in a 20 over period before.

Ireland didn't help themselves with poor running. On the other hand, our running was exceptional. So many 2s on a smallish ground. Was good to see our intensity was there and we batted much more positively.

N McCullum bowled very well, he's cementing a place now. I hope Vettori is ok soon, 2 spinners will be great

I can already hear the calls for Redmond to be recalled to the New Zealand test team after that innings :p

I support it. He plays better when he's aggressive. We saw that against Australia in the test at Adelaide. When he sits back and plays negatively he plays bad. I'd select him for Sri Lanka for sure.

nikhil_99

International Coach
A big win by NZ (which was expected after geting 198 runs),that has certainly improved their NRR,good bowling by N McCullum he got 3 wickets in 3 overs and gave just 15 runs..

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
^The summary guy.

Howsie added 1 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Oh great...Now our best paceman is injured. They said it was a precaution, I hope it's not bad. Send over Shane Bond as cover ASAP.

We did a great job. B McCullum in the field was exceptional. I've never seen someone so impressive in a 20 over period before.

Ireland didn't help themselves with poor running. On the other hand, our running was exceptional. So many 2s on a smallish ground. Was good to see our intensity was there and we batted much more positively.

N McCullum bowled very well, he's cementing a place now. I hope Vettori is ok soon, 2 spinners will be great

I support it. He plays better when he's aggressive. We saw that against Australia in the test at Adelaide. When he sits back and plays negatively he plays bad. I'd select him for Sri Lanka for sure.

Yeah I totally agree, much better then McIntosh. The thing that really bugged me about Redmond getting dropped was that he was actually getting better.

Users who are viewing this thread