Super 8: 23rd Match NZ v SL

nz0003

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oram is about to go nutso.

nz0003 added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

And get cleaned bowled like a ████ ████.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Guptill's gone as well. This reminds me of the 2007 WC semi-final.

bcvstheworld added 7 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Poor martin guptill. And a run out to make the self destruction look complete. What is happening here?

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
this is their worst performance ever in a world tournament. Never looked good at all at any stage of the tournament. And hey, is guptill crying?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Ouch NZ. Mendis must have bowled very well, 3 overs 3/9, bloody good figures those.

On another note, Dilshan's awesome. SA vs SL final hopefully.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Well that run-out sums up our last two games.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
yeah.the better team won. Good for the tournament that the poor teams are eliminated. Yeah. SL vs SA will be awesome!

bcvstheworld added 8 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

This also means that i can watch 3 tension free matches as my favourite team just got eliminated.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
did some say Ross Taylor was gona reverse sweep Mendis?

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Hey,cheer up guys. They just gave us the wrong type of pitch. Even India failed to chase down 131. Blackcaps are good enough to win a world cup. We just lost some key players due to injuries and when we play a world tournament next time,we'll do much better as shane bond's going to return as well.

irottev

School Cricketer
SL deserved the win, were the better side for this tournament.

Guptill impressed me and I was happy to see he actually cared. Oram Taylor and Styris really let us down. Oram looked horrible and hasn't scored runs in a long time, Taylor's shot was typically hideous. With the talent he has, I don't know why he goes and does that, and Styris had no foot movement and played that ball badly. The experienced guys needed to step up and they didn't.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Dilshan fired and SL got a good total. Good bowling by SL, Udana should have cemented a spot in the Semi final with his bowling.

N McCullum has been a star with the ball this tournament just needed more wickets from the other guys. Oram's batting has been a real let down for quite some time, I think the last time he produced was against us.

irottev

School Cricketer
Yeah N McCullum has been the find of the tournament for us - he actually bowls a lot like Vettori . He has good variations in pace just as much as Vettori, but he's right arm of course. At least we can rest all our injuries and get our full strength squad back. With the likes of Bond, Southee, Ryder, Tuffey, Patel etc. it's nice to have some depth to the bowling again. Also with McCullum able to keep again we can drop McGlashan who is just terrible. His keeping's ok though. And add someone like Broom or Elliot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread