Super 8: 16th Match India v WI

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It is without a doubt they played superbly today and deserved to win today's encounter. :clap I feel that if Sarwan should be replaced by another all-rounder (I dunno who) then it would benefit the West Indies due to the fact that Sarwan at 6 is being wasted in my opinion.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Check this out:

India fans switch allegiance

Chak de West Indies!
Some of India's fans, most of whom pledge their undying allegiance to their county, were nevertheless thrilled by the flamboyant batting of West Indies. They didn't mind shifting allegiance, however, as they started chanting the chant: Chake de, chak de West Indies (Come on, come on West Indies).

India fans switch allegiance | Cricket News | ICC World Twenty20 2009 | Cricinfo.com

Those are either West Indian fans trying to show that indian fans are fickle, and those guys are just crackpots.... An true Indian fan can never give up his team even if his team is the worst in the world. And we didnt play our worst cricket here. Its just that WI were better!

saisrini80 added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Was that suppose to be a racist joke, or was it just a coincidence?

Thats a funny co-incidence, but I am pretty sure that it was not meant to be racist.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
one lose and all that? wonder what they would have done if they had lost to BD again! thank god they didnt... dont like hear suacide news. though i could have won 2 mill vC from king, but he would have suacide as he said...so its all good =D
The fans at the game changed their chants; and with a play on words, I might add; which is not unusual. Whether by a dash of beer, the adrenalin of the event or maybe the light headedness of yelling a lot, spectators are often compelled to voice honesty beyond the confines of national pride or modesty. The crowd are a good barometer of how exciting onfield events are. The roar when a bowler is in his run up tells you how big a deal the bowler and batsman are. Meanwhile, the guy who gets the most heckling on the outer has probably not had a dull match. When some of the fans start supporting the other team, it just means their team have been too boring to chant for.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
that doesnt mean you have to boo after few loses. the game is about both, winning and losing...

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Windies bowling was terrific and our Indian batting/bowling/fielding except Yuvi's batting was the MOST PATHETIC. I read somewhere in cricinfo like, " Serious games from now on! " from India... but after looking at yesterday's gameplay, they were like they can only beat these associate nations. :rolleyes: Dhoni's captaincy going into the purple patch? :mad:

naresh091

International Cricketer
I've not yet lost my hope of India regaining the title.Its just one loss.I can see us firing on all cylinders against England on Sunday.The match against Proteas will be tough though.It'll be a close encounter I guess.Bring in Praveen in place of Ishant against England and see how he performs.Dhoni needs to gain back his old confidence and play fearlessly as he used to do before.Sehwag's absence is showing up now.We need Rohit and Gambhir to be consistent with the starts,if we need to guarantee ourselves a place in the semifinals.
As Sai's signature reads,"Comeback soon Dhoni please".

vickyrox

Club Captain
Dhoni"s got compalcent
He got the same comlacency in HIS IPL DAYS

Remove him from the captaincy
He Being burdend by it

King Cricket

International Coach
I will partly blame Dhoni for our defeat. The way he played yesterday! If the captain himself plays like that, it's bound to influence to our youngsters. :rolleyes: An excuse can be that he was trying to settle down. But 24 balls!! Aren't they more than enough to "settle down"! Still, he didn't accelarate and got out playing a stupid shot. We could well have got to a total of 170/180+ had it not for the slow batting by some of our key guys. Not to mention throwing wickets away. The batting was pathetic to say the least. And I still have the same views regarding Sharma- a minnow-basher. This is the umpteenth time he faltered under pressure against a strong opponent. Really, what has he done against a strong opposition in his entire career? Quite an over-rated bloke. Will not put much blame on our bowlers, as 153 is not the greatest of all totals ever posted. Still, they fought- both the Pathan brothers did well. (I actually proved Howsie wrong :banana2 :banana2) Not bad, but I expected something much better. Still, after the way our batsmen faired, not bad at all.

Now, *sigh* we have entered a do-or-die stage. Two matches left, and we'll have to win both. Extremely difficult job, but just to remind you- we were in a same sort of situation in the last World Cup as well. We did succeed in going to the semis, and finally.....!!! I'm hopeful. Let's see what happens. Next it's England vs India. Who might win, will get a new life. And defeat...it means exit,... for both the teams. After England..., it's the Saffas. What a group we are in!!!! I'm hopeful, but it will be a tough job. Chak De India!!!

King Cricket added 1 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

that doesnt mean you have to boo after few loses. the game is about both, winning and losing...

Why did you boo Bangladesh after losing and bash Ashraful? :p
They are just some moody fans, nothing else. Surely, the whole India is not like that.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
There's no harm in cheering good cricket from the other team. Shows that you are actually a cricket fan instead of some sod who cannot stand his team losing. The article doesn't mention the Indian team being booed--just the West Indies team being cheered by the Indian supporters. I don't see anything wrong with that. Even I have applauded a good innings by a player in our opposition, such as Bravo's stunner yesterday.

King Cricket

International Coach
Dhoni"s got compalcent

He Being burdend by it

One defeat proves nothing. He still remains a wonderful captain and a terrific batsman. Just that he needs to play his natural game, which I'm sure he will, in the next match. These things happen in cricket.

King Cricket added 3 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Gayle gone- game over, specially if WI is chasing.

The West Indians yesterday made me eat my words. :p Our only condolence can be that we lost to a team which faired better than us in all the three aspects of the game- batting, bowling and fielding.

King Cricket added 5 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Sohum is right. Just read the article. People are digging too much into the news. They just applauded the good play by the West Indians. Where is it written that they booed India?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Still, they fought- both the Pathan brothers did well. (I actually proved Howsie wrong ) Not bad, but I expected something much better. Still, after the way our batsmen faired, not bad at all.

Getting Gayle out doesn't make Pathan a good bowler. But he did bowl pretty well.

Though the West Indies did show you they have more then one player to win them a 20/20 game. ;)

Highlander999

ICC President
Dhoni"s got compalcent

He Being burdend by it

HAHAHA, one loss and you get posts like this. I feel sorry for the Indian cricket team if even 1/8 Indian fans are like this...

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
HAHAHA, one loss and you get posts like this. I feel sorry for the Indian cricket team if even 1/8 Indian fans are like this...

these things always happen to a player in his bad days.. I remember very well how more than half-a-million people stamped on Sachin during his bad form including some so called cricket experts! :rolleyes:

Fickle natured fans are whom I never bother about ;) Unfortunately, around 60% of the fans are like this. :p ( I hate RP, Balaji and Munaf consistently without being fickle natured... This will annoy Sai for sure... :D )

Yes I agree that Dhoni's batting looked so horrible and pathetic. He has converted himself to be an innings builder than being a demolition man of the team. But did you realize that Dhoni's stay in other end (inspite of his horrible strike rate) kept boosting the confidence level of Yuvi. Also Dhoni's running was incredible. After Tendulkar, I see someone running faster between the wickets. :hpraise

No use in blaming Dhoni. Our Top order failed. Hence Dhoni/Yuvi were forced to keep their patience to build a respectable score. Otherwise, we would not even reached 120! It is quite pathetic that some people these days just blabber without any hesitation and without any thinking! :p

vickyrox

Club Captain

Dude IF you have been following indian cricket You will understand what i am talking about
Dhoni has lost his hitting ability which he had before the captaincy..
He is surely buredend with captaincy.
Give someone else captaincy in the shorter forms of the game
Like YUVI

For test he"s a good captain

Users who are viewing this thread