Super 8: 15th Match Pakistan v Sri Lanka

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
He literally just swings and hopes now, tis a shame he use to be quite good to watch.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Afridi's batting is laughable.

Why, he is a team player. I?m pretty sure had he come in and Pakistan only needed a run a ball he would not have played that shot.

Howsie added 1 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Hes trying to slog blindly right from first ball.Awful temperament.

Pakistan needs quick runs and the ball was there to hit. :rolleyes:

nz0003

International Cricketer
If he hit it out of the ground, you guys would of been saying how good he is.

naresh091

International Cricketer
Pakistan needs quick runs and the ball was there to hit. :rolleyes:
Im not saying just based on this game.Im used to seeing him slogging blindly right from the first ball.
Look at their warmup game against India.He wasnt in a situation to score quick runs.He just tried to go after Irfan Pathan right from the first ball even without knowing the conditions and everything and went for a first ball duck.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Sri Lanka win, Pakistan's batting just wasn't good enough.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Why, he is a team player. I?m pretty sure had he come in and Pakistan only needed a run a ball he would not have played that shot.

He would. It's a recurring problem with Afridi's batting in the last year. He's playing on past reputation nowadays. He just swings from the hip and hope he connects. He used to get away with it, but as he's got older he's got worse. He's a rubbish batsman that depends on his past achievements to allow him to bat fairly highly up the order. His bowling has improved immensely though, I'll give him that.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Afridi's days of being called all rounder are over. Now hes just fast spinner.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
He would. It's a recurring problem with Afridi's batting in the last year. He's playing on past reputation nowadays. He just swings from the hip and hope he connects. He used to get away with it, but as he's got older he's got worse. He's a rubbish batsman that depends on his past achievements to allow him to bat fairly highly up the order. His bowling has improved immensely though, I'll give him that.

Well he did say during the innings break that he has worked hard on his bowling over the last two years, and that he doesn?t really worry about his batting anymore. I think the Pakistan team just hasn't realised that yet.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Its better for Pakistan to let Afridi open again. Has Razzaq arrived, He can be used in lower order for hitting.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
To be honest, I don't see even a single win from this Pakistan side in this Super 8. They are as rusted as possible. I was never impressed with the way they started off this T20 journey. It was always below par performance in each and every game with rubbish fielding and bowling strategies. :rolleyes:

I cannot see England winning a game either. :p

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Pakistan need to get Razzaq in ASAP! Sri Lanka's bowling is looking as great as ever. Still some questions over the batting if Dilshan fails. For SL sake they would want him producing all the way to the final.

nikhil_99

International Coach
They need Razzak,he is a good allrounder,also i feel Afridi needs to get his confidence back,he is a key player for Pak

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Afridi is not a batsman for me but he is a great bowler and a fielder....he should open the batting for Pakistan because he scored four centrys by opening.
Hope to see Razzaq tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread