Super 8: 16th Match India v WI

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
As Sohum said earlier, the ball comes on nicely when Ishant is bowling. He is just running in and bowling long hops which are ready to be smacked. At least Praveen can keep a tidy line.

zub2005

International Coach
Some people might say am moaning or what but truthfully the thing that cost the match in my opinon, Dhoni scored 11 off 23 balls and those 12 balls either if they were singles or anything could have changed the match.

Got to look forward to the next game, going to be a crunch game now.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Some people might say am moaning or what but truthfully the thing that cost the match in my opinon, Dhoni scored 11 off 23 balls and those 12 balls either if they were singles or anything could have changed the match.

Got to look forward to the next game, going to be a crunch game now.

No, I can see exactly where you're coming from. I feel the same way.

zub2005

International Coach
No, I can see exactly where you're coming from. I feel the same way.

Shocked but happy to see someone that see's my point, he said after the match that he sould of stayed for the slog overs, but to say the truth it was not his day. He was not even rotating the strike which he does real well normally.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Come on India! You've got to pull it together! Dhoni, get back to your slogging ways! You're like the batsman version of Irfan Pathan in Twenty20 cricket at the moment. You seem to have forgotten your hitting capabilities. It doesn't matter that much, or isn't noticed as much in ODI cricket but 10 balls almost invariably change the result of the match in Twenty20 cricket.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I posted a post-mortem on my blog as well as the PC members articles section. Yes, shameless plug.

While I agree with Dhoni being slow costing us the match, he also batted through from the 4th-12th odd over, prevent more wickets from falling. If he had fallen then, we would been 40-odd for 4 with more than half our overs remaining and I wouldn't trust Yusuf Pathan to last till the end. So while Dhoni did eat up a lot of the balls, I think his mistake was committed a lot earlier. "When?" you ask expectantly. Just click!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
So much for the theory that the Windies are a one man team! Simmons is proving to be a revelation, Gayle's injury could well help them win this tournament because it allowed Simmons to prove his worth.

Taylor went missing this game but Edwards stood up and Bravo went for runs but grabbed the wickets.

The Indian batting has the big names but they have struggled to perform as one unit. The bowling is starting to show cracks as well.

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
India tried everything but it was Bravo's day! India feel short of 10-12 runs...

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Check this out:

India fans switch allegiance

Chak de West Indies!
Some of India's fans, most of whom pledge their undying allegiance to their county, were nevertheless thrilled by the flamboyant batting of West Indies. They didn't mind shifting allegiance, however, as they started chanting the chant: Chake de, chak de West Indies (Come on, come on West Indies).

India fans switch allegiance | Cricket News | ICC World Twenty20 2009 | Cricinfo.com

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
one lose and all that? wonder what they would have done if they had lost to BD again! thank god they didnt... dont like hear suacide news. though i could have won 2 mill vC from king, but he would have suacide as he said...so its all good =D

Users who are viewing this thread