Suresh Raina under investigation

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I'm not saying this is true (because I don't think it is) but even Amir and Asif were in terrific form...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Read it last night on TOI. Hard to believe, but lets see how this goes. I am confident Raina is not the guy who will do such things. He just had a link with a woman, and thats not wrong. How will he know who she is?

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
He just had a link with a woman, and thats not wrong. How will he know who she is?

That isn't the point really. Sri Lanka knew this person had links to bookies and told the BCCI instead of directly reporting it to the ICC. Then the BCCI told Sri Lanka not to tell anyone that's the gist of what they've done wrong. When by the rules Sri Lanka should have told the ICC directly and the BCCI should have told the ICC as soon as they were given the report.

Not sure of the validity of this though, until its on Cricinfo or the BBC its nothing more than rumour to me.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
He just had a link with a woman, and thats not wrong. How will he know who she is?

:p You never cease to amuse....

Well, anyway you are right. This does not prove anything concrete. Plus,there are stories of the woman being the agent of some Lankan players as well.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know Star News is not a reputable source but they did a little program on this and said they mailed Sri Lankan Board and in reply they denied sending any evidence to BCCI. And ICC have also denied any investigations. So this appears to be a bs news by Sunday Times just to increase sale of their paper.
If Raina is proven innocent he should sue the Sunday Times for publishing a story without having concrete facts.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I don't think it has been reported in the Sunday Times. But, if he is not guilty, there is a strong likelihood that the BCCI would take up the legal recourse against the concerned parties.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah they should... Thank god Sunday times didn't accused "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-On-PC". :p Fans would have taken action before BCCI :laugh

King Cricket

International Coach
icyman said:
I don't think it has been reported in the Sunday Times.

The Sunday Times is the paper that first broke the story. Don't think it's true though, haven't seen it anywhere apart from Times Of India, which is not a reliable source, and a few other minor websites. Also, the report has been rubbished by the BCCI , and if I go by AngryPixel, SLC officials too have denied any knowledge of this.

The BCCI may be money-minded, manipulative, and authoritarian, but it's hard to believe that they'll indulge in abominable acts like hiding information and supporting match-fixing.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

The BCCI may be money-minded, manipulative, and authoritarian, but it's hard to believe that they'll indulge in abominable acts like hiding information and supporting match-fixing.

I agree, otherwise they would have turned a blind eye to Modi and the corruption in the IPL.

I'll believe this once the proper media sources report it.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Rubbish and publicity stunt.. Completely agree to KC and Mark

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
:p You never cease to amuse....

Well, anyway you are right. This does not prove anything concrete. Plus,there are stories of the woman being the agent of some Lankan players as well.

So you mean to say that having links with a woman is wrong. I never explained the definition of the word 'link'. There could be various definitions to it.

The timing of this claim makes me feel suspicious that a concerned party who have been subjected to these kinds of fixing claims (and who have a vendetta against BCCI) might be behind this. Its purely speculation from my part, but I cant help but think that way

Last edited:

fisch

Club Cricketer
So you mean to say that having links with a woman is wrong. I never explained the definition of the word 'link'. There could be various definitions to it.

:facepalm It was a double entendre that didn't require you to dissect its logical components like a freaking engineer.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
:facepalm It was a double entendre that didn't require you to dissect its logical components like a freaking engineer.

Too technical. Can you explain what you just said, a little "better"?

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
LOL Sai!

There haven't been any credible sources say anything about it yet so I guess it's all bollocks.

Users who are viewing this thread